3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

"
Waff_Waff wrote:
crafted a nice little dps ring yesterday, any ideas how to finish it?

Oooof, grandpa! I have no idea what to do with it, but that's a beefy lil baddie!
I want to rock right meow
"
Leiwolong1515 wrote:
Can someone help me out here...
I'm not really understanding why this build is so popular? Quite frankly, it seems absolutely horrible at bossing and the clear speed isn't anything insane.... I don't get it.

I'm 96 with some pretty good gear and I can't even MAYBE hope to kill Maven with this build. The damage is just non-existent. Way too much ramp time is required and the boss just moves every few seconds. This is true of many bosses as well, not just Maven.

I CAN deathless A9 Sirius but it takes so much longer than previous league builds I've tried for the same reason I mentioned above.

Is there some insane thing I'm missing or something? I don't understand how this build can be so popular and so dogshit at bossing.

POB: https://pastebin.com/5i7Wj1LE
I'm at 3m dps but it's pretty irrelevant when the boss just moves out of your damage over time effects every few seconds. You never have any ramp time so your damage is just garbage.

Well, i think there is big gap between good gear and godlike gear, i am almost on godlike side now and i can tell you guys, that i am just farming 80+% The Feared with hard rolls deathless and with absolute ease, so i can tell you, that bossing is absolutely insane, mine dps is over 20 m and it could get even higher, cant even imagine how easy every content in the game will be afterwards. just obliterating whole game now, Simulacrum being hardest, but do 30 waves every time. Yep i have more than mirror worthy gear, but tankiness is definitely not ok for amount of dmg i am pulling out.

here is my char on ninja, you can pull it to PoB: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Jondaan/SnunkuvPrd?i=0&search=class%3DChampion%26name%3Dsnunku

For your gear: swap Faster attacks for Divergent archer on your bow, finish lvl 3 awakened void manip to get +1 on lvl 5 combined with your empower 3 (buy empower 4 later), buy or craft Helmet with - 9-12% nearby enemies chaos res and if possible with Toxic rain or Despair enchant, amulet with +2 or double dot multi and +1 chaos skills, ring with inc % chaos damage or %damage over time multiplier, chest with gain frenzy charge on hit (this is huge for bossing), belt with %inc chaos dmg (this is minor upgrade). Those upgrades will more than double your dps i think. Then you can check my passive tree, since i think this is most dps version (but you need to have spell suppression on your gear). Have fun and kill those noob bosses...
Hi, couple questions about Maloney's Mechanism :
1) When a mirage archer is present, does mirage's attacks trigger skills in Maloney's, or must I self cast TR to trigger?
2) If there is Mirror Arrow inserted in Maloney's and mirror is alive, does mirror's attacks trigger another gem in Maloney's, like Frenzy?
I hope thesr are not too dumb questions!
"
Kaman25 wrote:
Hi, couple questions about Maloney's Mechanism :
1) When a mirage archer is present, does mirage's attacks trigger skills in Maloney's, or must I self cast TR to trigger?
2) If there is Mirror Arrow inserted in Maloney's and mirror is alive, does mirror's attacks trigger another gem in Maloney's, like Frenzy?
I hope thesr are not too dumb questions!

Hi there!
I just popped in a map to check - Mirage Archer doesn't proc say, CA, if it's socketed in Maloney's.
Mirror Archers don't appear to overlap, the first must be gone for the second MA to become active, from what I can tell.

That said, IMHO Maloney's is 100% worth the cost, I really like being able to lay down CA as I'm moving and re-casting my bow TR. I'm not sure CA is optimal, but I like seeing the puddles ^_^

Hope that helps! No question too dumb <3
I want to rock right meow
Last edited by Laeortia on Nov 29, 2021, 1:05:07 PM
Last edited by Escape_Artist on Nov 29, 2021, 6:07:29 PM
Hey. First of all, thank you for the guide. Playing your version and having a blast.
Anyway, Im on the edge on what chest armor to use. The speed bonus of the Queen of the Forest is really nice, but I feel its such a massive Life loss. A Life that I would like to have.
Any opinions from other ppl? What do you use as a chest armor?
"
trusbasass wrote:
Hey. First of all, thank you for the guide. Playing your version and having a blast.
Anyway, Im on the edge on what chest armor to use. The speed bonus of the Queen of the Forest is really nice, but I feel its such a massive Life loss. A Life that I would like to have.
Any opinions from other ppl? What do you use as a chest armor?
There's basically 2 options. The QOTF route, that uses the tree posted here.

The other option is a rare chest with crafted 10% of life as extra ES, and if you can swing it, frenzy on hit. You *can* use the same tree with it, but it really starts to shine when you move to the right side tree that this build takes it's inspiration from. Specifically, you want Ghost Dance.

My chest isn't great, but it works. I'm running Ghost Dance to go along with it. I'm VERY happy with the performance.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
This is my build right now:
https://pastebin.com/hEFGJdjf

What do you remove in order to get to the Ghost Shroud?
The Thread of Hope passives?
I dont like how you have to get 4 passives to travel...
"
trusbasass wrote:
This is my build right now:
https://pastebin.com/hEFGJdjf

What do you remove in order to get to the Ghost Shroud?
The Thread of Hope passives?
I dont like how you have to get 4 passives to travel...
Eventually, maybe. If you can get enough strength on gear, you can abandon Sentinel on the tree, and everything that comes after it. You get more Damage by allocating the Atrophy wheel, DPS wise, and you replace the Scion life wheel choices with Blood Drinker.

Other things on your tree that I don't have allocated... Flask Mastery, Mana Flows, Evasion mastery. Mind you, I'm still running an enduring mana flask. Can you actually sustain mana with your setup as is?

You're welcome to look at my tree, my characters are always public. I'm still running the Scion side for life, I don't have enough strength to swap over yet.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
So guy, i just want to share a modification ive made that can help people with farming.

First here is my gear :

Look like every build, but here is the difference ive made for farming :

We kill so fast that Rampage is up all the time and reach 1000 fast. It's just a major QoL imo... it feel faster and more powerful then my glove with multiplier, AS and AoE .

We get the immune to Physical damage very very often.

Give it a try, it work like a charm for me, might help some of you

PS : Sorry for my bad english...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info