⭐ Your Scourge Final Impressions? ⭐ ⋆Updated⋆

I like the mechanic. Its fun seeing the mobs get stronger and run at you in big packs.

I dislike having to complete a map twice (once normal and once in nightmare). Every map just feels so slow. Also the random buildings in front of tight doors are annoying.

It would be more fun if the nightmare would take you to another place. Where you can kill mobs all you want. And once you are out of nightmare get tped back to your normal map. Where the loot drops.

Overall i mostly just like the changes to Atlas and the Qol changes.

----

Non league related. I wish they would make more gems viable. I feel like we're getting extremely forced to play a meta build. While back in the day you could even play a meme build like the old AFK builds.
Mixed bag for me I guess, though I'm definitely still playing.

(TLDR summary, I started with the not-as-nerfed-as-you-think SST meta from 3.15, and the league start was among my most enjoyable in PoE)

Scourge league mechanic -
I really like the actual scourge mechanic in terms of what it does to the maps. It's like having the choice between running bursts of a Delirium-type experience within the map, without having to spend currency to get Delirium orbs.

The crafting side of it feels like a bad joke though, to be honest. I think I see how it's *meant* to be used; put a near perfect item in there and hope you get some tier upgrades etc as part of the process, but you have to have a ton of levels in the krangler before that's a thing you can even do. The actual krangled implicit modifiers I'm just not going to talk about, they're kind of embarrassing.

QoL changes -
Awesome. More plzkthxbai.

Atlas changes -
I was hugely nervous about these changes before the league started, and a large part of those fears have panned out. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, and yes, it's nice having a shorter conqueror watchstone gathering phase.

But what it's done to Atlas passives, I hate, I really do. There's a reason unmaking orb prices are going up so fast, because people are having to use so many more now to run content profitably. I'd argue for an increase in unmaking orb droprates, because while it's not impossible for a no-lifer like me to drop 80c on respecs all the time, I'm not sure I like the impact this would have on more casual players.

Technical -
My performance this league has been trash throughout. It went literally from 60fps throughout Expedition right up to Scourge launch day, to intermittent utter trash whenever I'm in a zone where Scourge is a thing.

Overall I'm still happy with the league, but major flaws.

I guess I am still playing....doing a few days D3 PTR at the moment.

Ok, my take on 3.16.

I like the QOL improvements, new tree, better Atlas. There is a lot to like.

I also enjoy running the down under - understandable since Delirium was my favorite league mechanic. But holy hell why didn't GGG rebalance Scourging items? - no one in their right mind does it in their current state and the crap on the ground no one looks at either. So for me...league mechanic 10/10 in playstyle. 0/10 in rewards. It blows my mind that GGG would do this.

Regarding how the game feels overall? Frankly even though I was pissed as hell and hardly played 3.15 I'm OK with the added difficulty. But I should add that I power level up to 95ish in week 1-2 and then am fine with dying hundreds of times after that. If I didn't do that I would quit given how rippy the mechanic is.

Fix? As per what I have said since 3.13 ..soulbound an unnerfed Harvest (because Discord was the problem) and rebalance the Krangled mods and maybe do some sort of smart loot with the Scourge garbage on the ground. Then life is grand except for needing a complete rebalance of main skill gems for stuff that isn't played at all.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Nov 9, 2021, 9:03:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info