[3.17] Poisonous Concoction PF | Poison prolif clear | Budget gear to 7M+ dps | A8 Sirus down

"
vildsix wrote:
"
Astarift wrote:
"
frost21 wrote:

My current investment into the build is about 10-15ex at the very most, the most expensive being the amulet with the anointment + roll at 2.8ex, the rest are pretty much 1ex or below(rare pieces)

I dont know, i was trying to get similiar gloves like yours, and its just impossible :D

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/bK6zgyXIL

Were you lucky with craft, or how did you get it?

Gloves was 1ex, its pure luck i bought it, but tbh the key stats are suppress/life/res, the damage over time mod is just extra dmg(around 5%ish) so its pretty hard to get it
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Hey Astarift,

Huge thanks for the build, it's the smoothest I have played this league and it was really up and running with like 100c of gear.

I am feeling pretty much fully geared now, balanced resists and 3 minimum frenzies. I was wondering what you think my next upgrade to go for should be. Maybe a +1 carcass or switching to the armour version?

Is a lvl 21 Poisonous Concoction worth it by the way?

"
IVIadness wrote:
Hey Astarift,

Huge thanks for the build, it's the smoothest I have played this league and it was really up and running with like 100c of gear.

I am feeling pretty much fully geared now, balanced resists and 3 minimum frenzies. I was wondering what you think my next upgrade to go for should be. Maybe a +1 carcass or switching to the armour version?

Is a lvl 21 Poisonous Concoction worth it by the way?

Gem level is pretty important for Poisonous concoction because all our damage scales from gem level + flask. Lvl 22 is the breakpoint to upgrade flask scaling from 9 to 10%, so yea its definitely a good upgrade

I would go with +1 carcass jack at your lvl, consider armor tree maybe at 90plus or so, dont wanna be below 5.3k life because you are actually taking hits at this point

Also added A8 sirus kill video on guide
My Builds/Stream

Last edited by Astarift on Nov 5, 2021, 7:45:40 AM
Hey Astarift - been following this build since Day One, and while I enjoy it (and am nigh-unkillable now, even juiced T16s), I can't seem to squeeze any more than 900k dps out of this. In fact, I can't find anyone on poe.ninja, all the high-rank people, with more than a bit over a million dps. How can this work? It takes ages to kill tough bosses, and God-forbid I'm fighting 10 Maven bosses. Even my ridiculous defenses can't keep up for that long.

Any tips?

75 ele resist
90 phys mitigation
80 chaos resist (+50% ele dmg taken as chaos)
100% suppression + 53% mitigation
75% block

I just took Versatile Combatant so now I have 50% attack block and 50% spell block, which seems to work well, but I'm not sold. Any opinion on that?

Let me know, thanks!

PS - also, the "Total DPS Inc Poison" stat on PoB - do you know if that's the TOTAL? Or is that per stack of poison? Or what's the deal there? Could you help me understand?
Last edited by cuorebrave on Nov 8, 2021, 7:49:41 PM
"
cuorebrave wrote:
Hey Astarift - been following this build since Day One, and while I enjoy it (and am nigh-unkillable now, even juiced T16s), I can't seem to squeeze any more than 900k dps out of this. In fact, I can't find anyone on poe.ninja, all the high-rank people, with more than a bit over a million dps. How can this work? It takes ages to kill tough bosses, and God-forbid I'm fighting 10 Maven bosses. Even my ridiculous defenses can't keep up for that long.

Any tips?

75 ele resist
90 phys mitigation
80 chaos resist (+50% ele dmg taken as chaos)
100% suppression + 53% mitigation
75% block

I just took Versatile Combatant so now I have 50% attack block and 50% spell block, which seems to work well, but I'm not sold. Any opinion on that?

Let me know, thanks!

PS - also, the "Total DPS Inc Poison" stat on PoB - do you know if that's the TOTAL? Or is that per stack of poison? Or what's the deal there? Could you help me understand?

First i need to know your definition of "high enough dps"; like is 3.24 mins kill on sirus including all the ridiculous RP high enough of a dps?
Currently i do not have any issues whatsoever with 10 bosses maven, i have been doing them consistently without much of an issue and deathless generally

Also you took too much leech nodes, one is enough, dont need 3, you can reinvest them elsewhere

There are a few changes you made that i am not a huge fan of;

Your hoag is linked with faster attack and culling, i think its a lil redundant because it increases the mana reservation
You are over investing in mana sources, clarity on top of 3 leech nodes is a lil bit too much, because of these 2 factors, you cant run malevolence, thats a huge dps loss
I would use dash over having withering steps for bosses, because shield charge isnt consistent at all and might cause a few deaths randomly

And overall, we need to go back to the drawing board on how poisonous concoction scales. The idea of the skill is that its an unarmed projectile chaos skill with a huge amount of flat damage as its base mechanics. Most importantly, the projectile can and will shotgun depending on their distance/aoe. This build heavily suffers from "increased damage stat" because there isnt much increased damage stat for unarmed in the passive tree, this is the reason why the helm enchant is so powerful. Also not to forget increased aoe is a huge scaling factor in this build, having 1mil dps with only 3 projectile overlap will not beat having 500k dps with all 9 projectiles hitting. This is why i went for carcass jack over cherrubium

As for gem links, i will almost always take void manipulation over deadly ailments, just because awakened void manipulation outscales deadly ailments and it does not destroy our initial hit damage(it isnt huge, but its good enough damage) and the dream of hitting level 25 poisonous concoction will bring it up another level of scaling because it changes 10% flask scaling to 11%(achievable with +2 chest, lvl 21 gem, lvl 5 awakened void manipulation, amulet). Void manipulation also has less of a mana issue

Building around cluster jewel might seem like a good idea, but i am not sure if its worth the investment, because you are missing lots of high damage nodes that are really accessible on the passive tree. If its too hard to squeeze in to use 2 medium cluster, i usually dont recommend going for just a large cluster.

As of now, and probably i would pretty much stop scaling, I am about 56k poison dps, 263k dps per poison, 720k total dps including poison(these stats are per proj) and i usually have to wait for like 5-10 seconds between boss releases when maven starts the fight with 5 bosses out initially. I wouldnt call my sirus kill the fastest, but i think its decently respectable for a poison build, just because of how hard it is to build poison stack on a constantly teleporting piece of shit that goes into invuln constantly
My Builds/Stream

hey! i’ve been really enjoying the build a lot, only frustration i’ve encountered is getting stunned/frozen somewhat often, any tips on more consistently dealing with this issue? i’ve got the quicksilver flask with freeze avoidance but still feel like a good amount of my deaths are to freeze and stun. thanks!
Last edited by bobertusino on Nov 9, 2021, 6:10:36 AM
"
bobertusino wrote:
hey! i’ve been really enjoying the build a lot, only frustration i’ve encountered is getting stunned/frozen somewhat often, any tips on more consistently dealing with this issue? i’ve got the quicksilver flask with freeze avoidance but still feel like a good amount of my deaths are to freeze and stun. thanks!

Dont use freeze/chill avoidance, use reduced freeze/chill effect, also make sure you are using alts on ilvl 82 bases, just so you can roll t1s. You only need t1 reduced freeze/chill effect, the prefix doesnt matter, unless it reduces effect/duration of flask

As stated in flask section, i recommend attack speed, anti stun, anti chill, life flask, witchfire brew for flask set up for maximum dps and minimum pain

I swap anti stun with anti curse/shock(mainly to avoid being shocked by sirus beams if i wanna tank it)
My Builds/Stream

Hi, definitely a great build. I'm using a slight variation of it and just did the sirius in style challenge with lvl19(and below) and 0 quality gems. Definitely gonna be using this as my league starter.

P.S. Consider using an enduring mana flask even with the mana leech node allocated as setting up the totems drains our remaining mana. Also flame dash works better than shieldcharge+dash and it also kinda syncs with withering step.
Last edited by Klauthe on Nov 9, 2021, 1:13:52 PM
"
Astarift wrote:
missing lots of high damage nodes that are really accessible on the passive tree

Can you help me figure out which ones these are? Let me know, thanks!

Appreciate the response a lot. Thank you!
"
Astarift wrote:
"
bobertusino wrote:

Dont use freeze/chill avoidance, use reduced freeze/chill effect, also make sure you are using alts on ilvl 82 bases, just so you can roll t1s. You only need t1 reduced freeze/chill effect, the prefix doesnt matter, unless it reduces effect/duration of flask

As stated in flask section, i recommend attack speed, anti stun, anti chill, life flask, witchfire brew for flask set up for maximum dps and minimum pain

I swap anti stun with anti curse/shock(mainly to avoid being shocked by sirus beams if i wanna tank it)

thanks so much for the advice! i must have confused a couple mods there, i’ll fix my flasks and see how it feels! thanks again for the response and guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info