Stress-Free PoE w/ BONE ZOMBIES! Relax & SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button | 3.16

"
Nockermensch wrote:
Nice guide, both to follow exactly and to use as starting point. I'll report my experience doing the later:

I started the league by following the build exactly, but I found that the "glancing" part of Glancing Blows were still hurting a lot, so I adapted the tree for full blocking. Right now I'm lvl 91 with 73% attack blocking, 72% spell blocking, 11k armour and using an Aegis Aurora, which gives back like 500 ES each time the witch blocks.

Here's the adapted Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/gZJcSDuL

The highest investment so far was 1 exalt for a 6-link Ambu's Charge (no particular reason for this chest other than I found it cheap) and 70c for the Aegis Aurora. Everthing else I bought for 2-5 chaos apiece.

Other changes from the build:

1) I defaulted to cyclone as the main skill, because then I don't have to worry about phasing. I thought it'd be hilarious and thematic if I linked it with CWC and SRS and I've been not disappointed by this so far. The flaming skulls help!

2) I also defaulted to a more traditional CoDT setup, using Immortal Call besides the desecrate + bone offering. With a guard skill on auto, I went for Commander of Darkness instead of Bone Barrier.

3) Specters are a more traditional 1 Carnage Chieftain + 2 Host Chieftains. I tried running with an Undying Evangelist, but I find hard to stay inside the force field, specially when it matters.

With the current setup I had no problems getting into red maps and taking the atlas to awakening 8. Delving and running heists are are also smooth.

My plans for improving the build from here are:

1) Getting lvl 21 gems for the skills (getting Vaal Skeletons in the process)

2) Putting the skeletons on a Hungry Loop and leaving the helmet for the specters (and maybe an animated guardian?)

3) Finding a decent amulet (I got the one I have equiped for 1c) and annointing it. I'm thinking Testudo or Deflection (not sure which one would be better) for even more blocking goodness, but maybe a defensive minion Notable would work nicely too.

4) Tuning up the best support setup for the zombies and skeletons: I'm running the zombies with the current support gems because I didn't bother changing the socket colours yet lol.

I'd check how the build deals with the league mechanic too, before investing. Should be fine but it's untested.
I'm testing and so far it's working good enough. Full blocking is insane for defense. T4 red map scourges can't kill me. The problem right now is fights taking too long, because my undeads damage is still kind of low. Expeditions are a drag, for example: On red maps I can kill the architect OR open an exit, but not both.

But I just killed Katarina without breaking a sweat, and died twice after going on blind versus the Eradicator (one of the Elder's stooges). On previous leagues I used to skip the elder/shaper stuff, as my experience was just being one shot. So I didn't know what to expect, and also I absolutely didn't imagine that the Maven would be there making things worse.

So I died twice trying to dodge all the electric blasts before figuring that my witch is recovering so much ES on block that the safest place to be was hugging the Eradicator. The eradicator kept destroying my zombies during the fight, but thanks to summon skeletons, I managed to slowly chip his life away and kept summoning more zombies as my mana recharged.

Chaos degen is still a problem, tho, so I'm guessing Sirus will be a hard fight.

Build is like this right now:
https://pastebin.com/FBWRCf8A
"
Nockermensch wrote:
Spoiler
Nice guide, both to follow exactly and to use as starting point. I'll report my experience doing the later:

I started the league by following the build exactly, but I found that the "glancing" part of Glancing Blows were still hurting a lot, so I adapted the tree for full blocking. Right now I'm lvl 91 with 73% attack blocking, 72% spell blocking, 11k armour and using an Aegis Aurora, which gives back like 500 ES each time the witch blocks.

Here's the adapted Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/gZJcSDuL

The highest investment so far was 1 exalt for a 6-link Ambu's Charge (no particular reason for this chest other than I found it cheap) and 70c for the Aegis Aurora. Everthing else I bought for 2-5 chaos apiece.

Other changes from the build:

1) I defaulted to cyclone as the main skill, because then I don't have to worry about phasing. I thought it'd be hilarious and thematic if I linked it with CWC and SRS and I've been not disappointed by this so far. The flaming skulls help!

2) I also defaulted to a more traditional CoDT setup, using Immortal Call besides the desecrate + bone offering. With a guard skill on auto, I went for Commander of Darkness instead of Bone Barrier.

3) Specters are a more traditional 1 Carnage Chieftain + 2 Host Chieftains. I tried running with an Undying Evangelist, but I find hard to stay inside the force field, specially when it matters.

With the current setup I had no problems getting into red maps and taking the atlas to awakening 8. Delving and running heists are are also smooth.

My plans for improving the build from here are:

1) Getting lvl 21 gems for the skills (getting Vaal Skeletons in the process)

2) Putting the skeletons on a Hungry Loop and leaving the helmet for the specters (and maybe an animated guardian?)

3) Finding a decent amulet (I got the one I have equiped for 1c) and annointing it. I'm thinking Testudo or Deflection (not sure which one would be better) for even more blocking goodness, but maybe a defensive minion Notable would work nicely too.

4) Tuning up the best support setup for the zombies and skeletons: I'm running the zombies with the current support gems because I didn't bother changing the socket colours yet lol.
Awesome Nockermensch! Thanks for the kind words and the update! I love seeing how people change things up. I can't load the PoB as I'm primarily on a mobile device, but nice work on you progress and making the build your own at the same time. Nice work :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Nov 1, 2021, 6:00:04 PM
"
travenhold wrote:
Spoiler
Another smooth league start with my favorite build. Thanks again for always updating it for each league.
Thanks travenhold! That's really kind of you. Thanks for taking the time to be so kind :). It's cool to hear that my favourite build is someone else's favourite too. I'm glad the build is treating you well. Thanks again!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey, turns out I've been following you guides without realizing for as long as 2-3 leagues now.
your chill guides are freaking awesome man, played the RF CHILL build twice and now I see your bone zombies are just as good if not better.
I read all the posts here on this build so far, and im LVL 80 right now.
i switched meat shield with frenzy because hugging the zombies all the time and trying to get them to stay on the boss was a bit to much for me, i did not use the vitality or clarity aura at all instead i went with convo and flame dash with pride between them while focusing minion life and greater projectiles on specters, i chose to go with kitava`s heralds for now after testing Frost ribbons ( the clear speed is insane btw with 4 specters) but kitavas with 5 physical blasts do a great job for now.

i didnt put the curse on VOID couse its a great curse to order minions around and aim them at enemies you want to melt.

i saw people using different attacks, might go for that cose i find it more fun to be engaging with your meat bags and ordering them around :).

few questions i had in mind which i dont have the budget to test since i have very limited time to play and very limited knowledge of the game mechanics

1. im thinking of getting 2 supporting specters ,one for frenzy charges and one for power (the monkey things, forget their names all the time), what should i dot with the others? one or 2 specters for attacks already wont be so viable, so just turn them all to supports? ( like in Ghazzytv examples) how good would it reflect on the 10 zombies i run now? will this affect my own defense in anyway?

2.curently im running with a wand for +1 to zombies and specters ( forgot the name) with 30% res on HP and victario`s generosity shield ( i think thats what its called). what if i switch to a staff or queens deqree with +1 to them also but with a 6 link, would you advice on getting 6 link attacks/utility specters or rather go for some 4\2 combo. currently i, on a 4link chest since i dont have time to farm much currency and this league seems to hate me with the drops, id love to hear your opinion :)

love your guides and im pretty sure i will be trying more of your builds in the future. defiantly gonna try the RF this league with all the burning damage changes.
THANK YOU!
"
eXtremeAkim wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, turns out I've been following you guides without realizing for as long as 2-3 leagues now.
your chill guides are freaking awesome man, played the RF CHILL build twice and now I see your bone zombies are just as good if not better.
i switched meat shield with frenzy because hugging the zombies all the time and trying to get them to stay on the boss was a bit to much for me, i did not use the vitality or clarity aura at all instead i went with convo and flame dash with pride between them while focusing minion life and greater projectiles on specters, i chose to go with kitava`s heralds for now after testing Frost ribbons ( the clear speed is insane btw with 4 specters) but kitavas with 5 physical blasts do a great job for now.

i didnt put the curse on VOID couse its a great curse to order minions around and aim them at enemies you want to melt.

i saw people using different attacks, might go for that cose i find it more fun to be engaging with your meat bags and ordering them around :).

few questions i had in mind which i dont have the budget to test since i have very limited time to play and very limited knowledge of the game mechanics

1. im thinking of getting 2 supporting specters ,one for frenzy charges and one for power (the monkey things, forget their names all the time), what should i dot with the others? one or 2 specters for attacks already wont be so viable, so just turn them all to supports? ( like in Ghazzytv examples) how good would it reflect on the 10 zombies i run now? will this affect my own defense in anyway?

2.curently im running with a wand for +1 to zombies and specters ( forgot the name) with 30% res on HP and victario`s generosity shield ( i think thats what its called). what if i switch to a staff or queens deqree with +1 to them also but with a 6 link, would you advice on getting 6 link attacks/utility specters or rather go for some 4\2 combo. currently i, on a 4link chest since i dont have time to farm much currency and this league seems to hate me with the drops, id love to hear your opinion :)

love your guides and im pretty sure i will be trying more of your builds in the future. defiantly gonna try the RF this league with all the burning damage changes.
THANK YOU!
Oh awesome, eXtremeAkim! Thanks for the kind praise! I really appreciate you taking the time to be so kind :). I'm glad you like the builds so much! It's fun to find a build or two that really suit your style.

Awesome changes to the build. Nice work! Another thing you could do is switch Maim Support and Meat Shield (from the guide's setup). Then you have Taunt on your minion that have Minion Life attached to them and your zombies still get Maim...and don't stay too close. Any option works though. Do what feels best for YOU.

I have one monkey that gives Power Charges and one Monkey that gives Frenzy Charges. The other I use has that dome thingy that prevents projectiles. Proximity Shield! That's it. So if you're going for more than three spectres, having lots of proximity shields is what I'd do for support. But there are TONS of options. (With the guide's setup, we don't do damage. So having frenzy and power charges on us doesn't matter. Just the zombies.)

If I was going to go to a Staff Setup, I would likely just copy the current weapon and shield sockets. I find those parts of the build just as important as the rest. But there's nothing more tempting than a 6-link Vaal Skeleton ;). It's always a difficult choice. The game is well balanced with options. That's for sure.

I hope that helps some. Thanks again for the kind words :). Your post was wonderfully encouraging.

Annnnnd

Thank you for a very helpful guide. As a brand new the PoE player it has really helped me couple of hurdles I encountered in trying a home grown build of my own :).

I do have a question though! The gems on your "Cast when damage is taken" gloves are all very low. Is this intentional, perhaps to keep the trigger low, or will you allow them to grow in levels? Also, if you want to keep them low level, is there a way I can stop the game constantly reminding me they can be leveled up?

PS. You have a fan in me! I've always loved the fantasy of the necromancer, and in particular the minion master archetype. I'm really enjoying all your guides!
"
MindBlayde wrote:
Thank you for a very helpful guide. As a brand new the PoE player it has really helped me couple of hurdles I encountered in trying a home grown build of my own :).

I do have a question though! The gems on your "Cast when damage is taken" gloves are all very low. Is this intentional, perhaps to keep the trigger low, or will you allow them to grow in levels? Also, if you want to keep them low level, is there a way I can stop the game constantly reminding me they can be leveled up?

PS. You have a fan in me! I've always loved the fantasy of the necromancer, and in particular the minion master archetype. I'm really enjoying all your guides!

Right click the level up notification to permanently hide it.
Hey Wrecker,

Just wanted to say that I've been playing this build since 3.14 and it has reignited my love for this game.

I love that the build is so simple yet effective, and requires no items in particular. as a disabled person, it's a build I can really appreciate

Cheers,
Freashon.
Last edited by Freashon on Nov 2, 2021, 8:52:42 PM
"
"
eXtremeAkim wrote:
Spoiler

THANK YOU!
Oh awesome, eXtremeAkim! Thanks for the kind praise! I really appreciate you taking the time to be so kind :). I'm glad you like the builds so much! It's fun to find a build or two that really suit your style.

Awesome changes to the build. Nice work! Another thing you could do is switch Maim Support and Meat Shield (from the guide's setup). Then you have Taunt on your minion that have Minion Life attached to them and your zombies still get Maim...and don't stay too close. Any option works though. Do what feels best for YOU.

I have one monkey that gives Power Charges and one Monkey that gives Frenzy Charges. The other I use has that dome thingy that prevents projectiles. Proximity Shield! That's it. So if you're going for more than three spectres, having lots of proximity shields is what I'd do for support. But there are TONS of options. (With the guide's setup, we don't do damage. So having frenzy and power charges on us doesn't matter. Just the zombies.)

If I was going to go to a Staff Setup, I would likely just copy the current weapon and shield sockets. I find those parts of the build just as important as the rest. But there's nothing more tempting than a 6-link Vaal Skeleton ;). It's always a difficult choice. The game is well balanced with options. That's for sure.

I hope that helps some. Thanks again for the kind words :). Your post was wonderfully encouraging.

So i tried the vaal skeletons with no supports yet - instead of the void sphere, lvl 12 gem vaal skeletons is scary... thank god i have a good pc.
if i understand correctly, you want me to put it in the 6 link with the zombies? am i on the same page here? cose that would be scary :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info