Stress-Free PoE w/ BONE ZOMBIES! Relax & SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button | 3.16

just found out im using a legacy bone helmet as the max now is 15-20 % minion damage i have it from a long time just never sold it xD
"
danielll9105 wrote:
Spoiler
just found out im using a legacy bone helmet as the max now is 15-20 % minion damage i have it from a long time just never sold it xD
That's a hard thing to discover, hey danielll9105? Some of the hardest changes I've made in my builds are removing the legacy mods from gear. Nothing wrong with using it! Hang on to it! It's a nice helmet :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Yo! Thanks so much for putting all this together. I'm newer to minion builds and having an absolute blast with this one in a SCSSF. Made a few small modifications of my own and its scaling great. I'm currently farming for a bone helm which, when crafted properly, should catapult me into red maps.
"
Faowar wrote:
Spoiler
Yo! Thanks so much for putting all this together. I'm newer to minion builds and having an absolute blast with this one in a SCSSF. Made a few small modifications of my own and its scaling great. I'm currently farming for a bone helm which, when crafted properly, should catapult me into red maps.
That's great to hear, Faowar!

I'm glad you're having such a good time! I'm glad your modifications are working out :). That feels great when it happens.

Thanks for taking the time to be thoughtful! Let us know how the progress goes!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"

1) Block chance, without Glancing Blows takes a lot of investment. But to get Max Block for Spells, you'll almost always want Tempest Shield. There's not as much Spell Block on the tree as there is for Attack Block. I think you'd find that you'd dedicate the whole tree to block chance unless you have some nifty jewels and gear. If you get the items though, let us know how it goes.

Hi,
I am progressing quite well with the bone zombies + max block build :)
I am running t16 maps now and feel almost "invulnerable" in most situations due to the +Life/ES gained on block mechanics.
It requires some uniques, which are easy to find (at least I suppose so, because I got them on my first "playthrough", this is only my second character).

I had to buy a black oil for 2 chaos to have Testudo on the amulet, because I had none.
The offering is indeed a crucial part of the build, with that on I have 74% attack and 75% spell block chance, each block giving me 75 life, 21 mana and 259 ES. This can be further increased with Block Mastery (+20 life and mana). After a short google research I still do not get the mechanics of Divine Shield so it is omitted for now. If I can get my hands on a Watcher's Eye with +attack block while Determination is on, I can have 78% attack block.
So far so good. I had to drop Skitterbots for Tempest Shield though, which is sad. But survivability is great. I only died once during mapping, on a t12 corrupted rare map that had 8 affixes -thus giving me the achievement Hostile Territory, including physical damage reflect and no life, mana, ES regen. I knew it was stupid but I just had to try it once. I cleared it on the second try though :D
And, I have some questions, as usual :)
1. Since I got to love block so much, I am thinking about exchanging the Indomitable Army node to the Decay Ward node. This would give 62%/61% block chance to minions (with the offering) and giving them an additional 2% life on block. Rough calculation: assuming golems have 26k life, they would get 520 life for 61% of all attacks and 62% of all spells. Plus the 4% life regeneration/s if they have blocked recently from the offering.
Sounds great, I am just not sure how losing the resistances would lessen their survivability.
2. I wondered why you chose the Tolerance node instead of the Unwavering Stance notable.
3. Before I start wasting my (11 pcs) hard earned Enkindling Orbs, I would like to understand them better. As an example: you chose a Ruby flask and made it go off automatically when ignited. This sounds great, but I am curious why it is a Ruby flask. If it gets rid of burning, then fire resistance does not matter. At least for that hit, I understand that if you are ignited then most probably there are fire enemies around. But what if it was replaced by something like this to go off auto when ignited?

This would remove burning, grant some immunity. Fire resist must be capped anyways. Or a Quartz/Granite/Basalt flask with the same effect? (Still there are the "20% less fire damage taken" and the "there must be fire monsters around if I was ignited" arguments in favor of the Ruby flask.)

Thank you as always! I just love how effortlessly this build flew me to t16!
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
"

1) Block chance, without Glancing Blows takes a lot of investment. But to get Max Block for Spells, you'll almost always want Tempest Shield. There's not as much Spell Block on the tree as there is for Attack Block. I think you'd find that you'd dedicate the whole tree to block chance unless you have some nifty jewels and gear. If you get the items though, let us know how it goes.

Hi,
I am running t16 maps now and feel almost "invulnerable" in most situations due to the +Life/ES gained on block mechanics.
It requires some uniques, which are easy to find (at least I suppose so, because I got them on my first "playthrough", this is only my second character).

I had to buy a black oil for 2 chaos to have Testudo on the amulet, because I had none.
The offering is indeed a crucial part of the build, with that on I have 74% attack and 75% spell block chance, each block giving me 75 life, 21 mana and 259 ES. This can be further increased with Block Mastery (+20 life and mana). After a short google research I still do not get the mechanics of Divine Shield so it is omitted for now. If I can get my hands on a Watcher's Eye with +attack block while Determination is on, I can have 78% attack block.
So far so good. I had to drop Skitterbots for Tempest Shield though, which is sad. But survivability is great. I only died once during mapping, on a t12 corrupted rare map that had 8 affixes -thus giving me the achievement Hostile Territory, including physical damage reflect and no life, mana, ES regen. I knew it was stupid but I just had to try it once. I cleared it on the second try though :D
1. Since I got to love block so much, I am thinking about exchanging the Indomitable Army node to the Decay Ward node. This would give 62%/61% block chance to minions (with the offering) and giving them an additional 2% life on block. Rough calculation: assuming golems have 26k life, they would get 520 life for 61% of all attacks and 62% of all spells. Plus the 4% life regeneration/s if they have blocked recently from the offering.
Sounds great, I am just not sure how losing the resistances would lessen their survivability.
2. I wondered why you chose the Tolerance node instead of the Unwavering Stance notable.
3. Before I start wasting my (11 pcs) hard earned Enkindling Orbs, I would like to understand them better. As an example: you chose a Ruby flask and made it go off automatically when ignited. This sounds great, but I am curious why it is a Ruby flask. If it gets rid of burning, then fire resistance does not matter. At least for that hit, I understand that if you are ignited then most probably there are fire enemies around. But what if it was replaced by something like this to go off auto when ignited?

This would remove burning, grant some immunity. Fire resist must be capped anyways. Or a Quartz/Granite/Basalt flask with the same effect? (Still there are the "20% less fire damage taken" and the "there must be fire monsters around if I was ignited" arguments in favor of the Ruby flask.)

From what I've found, be really careful removing Indomitable Army. The biggest loss is losing the "Moving while bleeding doesn't cause minions to take extra damage" because Corrupted Blood, most notably from Sirus Die Beams, they will die REALLY fast from this (one of the only things I've found that will kill them)
Spoiler
"
mslee017 wrote:
"
huoc wrote:
Hi,

From what I've found, be really careful removing Indomitable Army. The biggest loss is losing the "Moving while bleeding doesn't cause minions to take extra damage" because Corrupted Blood, most notably from Sirus Die Beams, they will die REALLY fast from this (one of the only things I've found that will kill them)
Hey, huoc!

Your changes sound awesome! I'm glad they're working out for you :) Blocking is so fun!

1) As mslee017 mentioned, Indomitable Army is really valuable. But you have a totally different build by now, so I don't know how much it would impact you compared to the Bone Zombies setup. I wouldn't get rid of it in the Bone Zombies build.

2) Unwavering Stance gives stun immunity, which is awesome, but nothing else. The Tolerance path gives us 80% stun avoidance but also 40% chance to avoid Bleed (until Bone Armour is activated) and 40% to avoid poison. Since there are other easy ways to gain a chance to avoid stuns (like in the Pantheon), I liked the pro's of Tolerance more. Keep in mind, with your build, you're expecting to be hit lots. With my build, we're not the primary target (Meat Shield). So stuns are almost non-existent.

3) This is preference. If you prefer to manually hit a button to match the ailment you're being impacted by (which many people prefer), then do that. I don't have the ability to discover which ailment is hurting me in time to hit the correct flask in time. But the reason I like the utility flasks instead of life flasks is that I like taking the reduced damage of that element. Damage comes in groups in this game. So like you said, when you're burning, you'll be surrounded by enemies that deal fire damage. So I want to reduce the damage I take from these groups as much as possible. So definitely do what you find the most natural in-game. For me, the less I do, the safer I am.

I'm glad you're still enjoying the build! You've done great with your changes! Keep it up! (And thanks for your kind words.)

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 25, 2022, 4:47:35 PM
Thank you mslee017 and Wrecker_of_Days!
I will experiment further and let you know.

One more question :)
The golem and FF support are in your wand instead of the helmet. You could swap Pride and Determination to have the golem there, so +2 to minion gems, Maim support and FF would affect both minions. Is this setup on purpose? You do no want the spectres to be aggressive?

Thank you!
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler

The golem and FF support are in your wand instead of the helmet. You could swap Pride and Determination to have the golem there, so +2 to minion gems, Maim support and FF would affect both minions. Is this setup on purpose? You do no want the spectres to be aggressive?

Thank you!
Great question, huoc! Yup. You nailed it. It's because I don't want the Spectres to be aggressive. Otherwise, if you are comfortable having aggressive spectres, it's a great idea! Good thinking!

Annnnnd

Spoiler
"
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler

Thank you!
Great question, huoc! Yup. You nailed it. It's because I don't want the Spectres to be aggressive. Otherwise, if you are comfortable having aggressive spectres, it's a great idea! Good thinking!

Thank you for the answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info