[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

-::- 3.19 Boneshatter Juggernaut -::-

Hi Fellas,

This build and my previous one - Bladestorm Jugg - share a lot in common, so I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to check out that guide for a lot of details that can apply to this build, such as example leveling gear, etc. If you read from page 29 to the end of the Bladestorm guide, you can see posts showing the development of this build.

Also, please check the last pages of this thread, as I post updates often that may not become part of the main post.

3.19 PoB Export (STD "Corotes"): https://pobb.in/cTn5rO7RIpX0 or https://pastebin.com/jvPhwpW2 Updated: 8/17/22

DISCLAIMER FOR NEW PLAYERS
This game is tough fellas! Playing melee is tough leveling and especially at league start. If you are new to the game, this guide may not be for you. I've made sure to provide all the info needed to make the build work as shown in the videos, but there are a lot of details for someone just getting started with the game, and you may struggle to get this build going, if you're not comfortable with the nuances of some of the game mechanics. I am sorry, but I do not have the time to review everyone's PoB Export and fix their characters for them. What I may do is take a quick look at your PoE Profile Characters (so make sure your profile Characters are Public - check your PoE Forum Profile Settings) and point out any obvious issues I may see. BUT! I am not getting paid for this, I get absolutely no benefit from writing this guide, I do this out of my own volition and love for the game, and so, I MAY review your character as a courtesy, but it somewhat depends on how politely you ask for my help ;)

3.19 CHANGES:
Spoiler
Hi Fellas,

I see there's quite a bit of interest in Boneshatter lately and it's finally getting the attention it always deserved, however I've played it too much and so I won't be playing it this league.

However, since my 3.17 toon is still pretty much the same, I imported into the latest version of PoB that was just updated for 3.19 and updated the export for those interested.

A few things that have been addressed:

1) Mana Reservation - Switched the Mana Res Mastery to Determination mastery, picked up more Mana on tree and set to Enlighten 4.

2) Dropped Unflinching - We now grab Unbreakable/Untiring. To resolve Endurance Charge generation I picked up the Warcry Mastery

3) Divine Blessing + Pride without lifetap - To resolve this we craft a flask to 25% reduced Mana cost and enchant it with 70% effect. Then link Divine Blessing + Pride + Inspiration (Divergent preferably). This will allow you to activate Pride while the flask is active. This also helps quite a bit with Mana use in general.

That's all I can think of for now, but if something else comes up I'll update this post.

https://pobb.in/cTn5rO7RIpX0 - Updated 8/17/22

**Config page setup for max potential DPS, and so you can see all effects being taken advantage of. Adjust accordingly to match the scenario you wish to see the numbers for.

Good luck in 3.19!

-::- Build Description -::-
Spoiler
This build relies on a Replica Wings of Entropy axe, Physical Damage, Impale, Critical Strikes, Attack Speed, Totem Buffs, Flasks and a +1 Curse Marylene's amulet for multiple Curses (Normal Mobs: Vulnerability + Warlord's Mark | Rare/Unique Mobs: Vulnerability + Assassin's Mark). This Curse setup is not necessary, just nice to have. If you can't afford/find a +1 ammy, you can always anoint "Whispers of Doom".

Another important detail is that this is not a Trauma stacking build. My use of Boneshatter is much more conventional and I rarely go above 20 Trauma stacks.

As I mentioned, we scale Physical damage, but Replica Wings doesn't have very high Phys damage, so this needs to be supplemented through gear, so make sure you get Phys Damage + Attack Speed wherever you can, such as Jewelry. Also, keep in mind Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage is useless for this build if you choose to run Pride. Which is not required, but is a considerable boost DPS.

Speaking of damage, the best way to optimize single-target DPS is to be smart about using your cooldowns. The build has enough DPS to kill most maps mobs pretty much instantly, but for tanky mobs/bosses we rely on burst Damage:

When you activate Ancestral Protector + Ancestral Warchief + Berserk + Dread Banner + Flasks all at the same time, our DPS climbs to obscene numbers. Enough to let us take down most endgame bosses pretty quick, but it requires proper timing. So, that's what you need to get good at: Burst Damage cooldown discipline.

Regarding defenses, the amount of life and defenses I have on my 3.17/3.16/3.15 toons was enough to complete all content and sufficient for my particular playstyle. If you feel you are too squishy, I recommend swapping Abyssus for a Rare helmet, such as the one in the 3.15 Endgame Gear section. You can also get more Life in gear/tree and cap Chaos Res. There are other suggestions on how to become tankier in the FAQ section.

-::- Showcase Videos -::-
Spoiler
3.17 Sirus

3.16 Maven DPS with Ancestral Call + Melee Splash

3.16 T16 Abaxoth (Facetanking, 56% more life, 2 additional projectiles, 12% increased fire damage)

3.16 Veritania DPS with Ancestral Call + Melee Splash (Showcase with bad gems for Single Target DPS)

3.16 Warlord DPS with Ancestral Call + Behead (Showcase with bad gems for Single Target DPS)

3.15 Mino DPS without Banner/Rage/Frenzy buffs

3.16 Cortex

Youtube: 3.17 Boneshatter Jugg - Searing Exarch (1 Death)

Youtube: 3.17 Boneshatter Jugg - Eater of Worlds (1 Death)

Youtube: 3.17 Boneshatter Jugg - Sirus (Full Run, Deathless)

Youtube: 3.17 Boneshatter Jugg - The Formed (Deathless)

Youtube: 3.17 Boneshatter Jugg - T16 Cemetery (Corrupted, Juiced, Sporeguard, No-HH)

Youtube: 3.16 Boneshatter Jugg - Cortex (Boss Kill, Deathless, Maven Witnessed)

Youtube: 3.16 Boneshatter Jugg - Sirus (Awakener 8, Full Run, 1 Death)

Youtube: 3.16 Boneshatter Jugg - Uber Elder (Maven Witnessed, Full Run, Deathless)

Youtube: 3.16 Boneshatter Jugg - T14 Tower (Juiced Clearspeed Showcase, Rampage, No-HH)

Youtube: 3.16 Boneshatter Jugg - T14 Tower (Deli, Scourge 175, Nem 3, 2xBeyond, No-HH)

Youtube: 3.16 Boneshatter Jugg - A8 Warlord (Boss Kill, Behead + Ancestral Call)

Youtube: 3.15 Boneshatter Jugg - Logbook (Short Clear-speed Showcase)

Youtube: 3.15 Boneshatter Jugg - Veritania (Full Run, Challenge, Juiced, Deathless)

Youtube: 3.15 Boneshatter Jugg - T16 Underground Sea (Corrupted, Juiced, Enfeebled)

**Keep in mind as you watch these videos that at my Ultra-Wide resolution it's impossible to off-screen mobs, but in normal Widescreen resolution I am off-screening a lot!
***All encounters above were completed with Replica Wings of Entropy.

-::- 3.17 Endgame Gear -::-
Spoiler

**Mapping: Ancestral Call + Melee Splash|Behead
**Single Target: Brutality + Melee Phys

-::- 3.16 Endgame Gear -::-
Spoiler

-::- 3.15 Endgame Gear -::-
Spoiler

Amazing and underappreciated weapon. Try it and judge for yourselves.
A GG late game gear example
A GG late game gear example. You just need life and res.
You get these spamming single Jagged Fossils. You want the phys% mod + life + res. Ignore the Conc. Eff. it's just what I got spamming Fossils
A GG late game gear example. Hard to find this double corruption, but it's not required
My favorite boots in the game
Swap Curses for other Ailments as necessary for hard bosses/maps/encounters (Poison/Shock/Ignite/etc)
Pretty cheap now days
GG and expensive as always
Dirt cheap
Easy to make yourself once you've Unveiled the mod. This one too you can swap for whatever Ailment protection you'd like
Every time we Stun, Ryslatha will heal us for 50 Life and we Stun a lot! Needless to say GG
The Replica is always underappreciated and cheap, but it's just as good IMO
You can Vaal Orb to make your own, but it's hard... Well it's RNG, so you might get it in 10, or maybe 5000. It can be somewhat expensive, but no more than a few Exalts
Usually a few Exalts
Any Shaper ring with Phys Dmg + Life + Res will do here. These can vary from 5c to 100EX, so buy the best you can afford

Link to my 3.15 toon: Corossso

-::- Starting Maps Gear -::-
Spoiler

-::- Starting Red Maps Gear -::-
Spoiler

80c
15c (self 6S/5L)
1ex
1ex
50c
3ex
30c
10-20c each

**Single Target: Swap Herald of Ash > Herald of Purity & Ancestral Call > Ruthless
***Prices listed are what I paid during early days of 3.16

Where did I get the exalts for all this? Mostly double-chaos recipe getting gear/jewelry from low-level Heist(Whakano Contracts) and Delve.

-::- Leveling -::-
Spoiler
SSF Leveling with Splitting Steel & Spectral Helix
Spoiler
SSF Standard Test Run Gear
I know a lot of us struggle with melee leveling, so I figured I'd get some League Start practice in and while at it write down the details of how to level using Splitting Steel, since it's a very powerful skill to get started with.

I ran the campaign in SSF to verify this works as expected and this is how my toon is looking ready to start mapping:

Important Details
  • Why Splitting Steel? Because it has very good damage, clear and range. You'll use this as your main skill leveling.
  • Why Spectral Helix? Because it will let you pre-cast and remains in the area doing damage. You'll switch Splitting Steel > Spectral Helix to take down bosses quicker, as most of them are in small arenas, making SH ideal.
  • I made sure this setup is very tanky, with lots of regen with added Vitality, Granite/Jade flasks, Life Leech and Purity of Elements or Determination (I suggest Purity as being Ailment Immune early on will make you feel incredibly tanky).
  • If you feel tanky enough, you can switch Purity/Determination > Herald + Banner.
  • A good balance early on is Vitality + Herald + Banner
  • If you get any Jewelry with +Life on Hit, def try to fit it in as each projectile that hits will heal you.
  • Use 1H Sword/Axe to start and then try to get a nice 2H Axe by the time we grab Harvester of Foes.
  • If your DPS feels low, you most likely need to upgrade your weapon. Melee characters are extremely dependent on the DPS of the weapon, so make sure to upgrade often and to use the Vendor Recipe for Physical Damage (Magic|Rare Rustic Sash + Normal Weapon + Blacksmith Whetstone). And don't forget you can sometimes Craft additional Phys. Dmg. on weapons as well.
  • If you don't have someone that can buy Vicious Projectiles for you, you'll need to clear Library
  • I also added to the PoB Export a lot of cheap uniques you can buy at league start
  • I didn't use Berserk during campaign, just leveling the gem in that socket

League Starting Instructions
  • Start a Duelist mule > Kill Hillock > Get Splitting Steel reward > Check vendor for Red-Green-Green & Movement speed boots > Stash weapons, gems, currency and armour/boots (if you found some) > Exit to Character Selection
  • Start your Marauder main > Kill Hillock > Equip swords + rrg|ggr armour + ms boots or check vendor > Link Splitting Steel + Chance to Bleed + Onslaught > Start campaign

Act 1
Spoiler
Buy: Green-Green-Red, MS boots, War Banner, Maim, Lifetap, Vitality, Enduring Cry, Precision

Rewards: Splitting Steel, Onslaught, Ancestral Protector, Steelskin, Added Fire, Leap Slam, Chain Hook

Skills: Splitting Steel + Chance to Bleed + Onslaught/Added Fire, Ancestral Protector + Ruthless|Maim, Leap Slam + Lifetap, Vitality, War Banner

Need: Transmutation/Alteration Orbs (buy gems), Red sockets

Notes: Be lvl 10 when killing Crab to grab Leap Slam right away

Path: Town > Coast > Flats > Submerged > Coast > Tidal > Town(Buy) > Submerged(Portal@Flooded) > Prison > Town > Portal@Flooded > Town(Buy) > Prison(Trial) > Graveyard(Portal@Fairgraves) > Cave > Merveil > Town > Portal@Fairgraves > Town > Merveil > Town > S.Forest(A2)

Act 2
Spoiler

Buy: Blood Rage, Cruelty, Culling Strike, Herald of Purity

Rewards: Herald of Ash, Faster Attacks

Skills: Splitting Steel + Added Fire + Cruelty + Vicious Projectiles (4L as soon as you can. May have to wait till A4.), Leap Slam + Lifetap + Faster Attacks, Ancestral Protector + Maim + Chance to Bleed, Vitality, Herald of Ash, Blood Rage, Steelskin, War Banner

Notes: Can switch to Defiance Banner if you feel you are too squishy.

Path: Chamber Sins(Trial, Fidelitas) > Town > Riverways > Western > Weaver > Town > Crossroads > Bridge > Kraityn(Kill) > Town > Riverways > Wetlands > Oak(Kill) > Waypoint > Western > Alira(Help) > Blackguards > Town > Crossroads > Fellshrine > Crypt(Trial) > Town > Town(A1) > Wetlands(A2) > V.Ruins > Forest > Caverns > A.Pyramid > Town > Sarn(A3)

Act 3
Spoiler

Buy: Pride, Purity of Elements, Warlord’s Mark, Dread Banner, Boneshatter, Poacher's Mark

Rewards: Determination, Ancestral Warchief, Impale

Notes: If you have enough DPS, swap Banner + Herald > Purity of Elements for added safety. Remember to use Poacher's Mark on bosses and tanky mobs.

Path: Sarn > Slums > Crematorium(Trial) > Town > Sewers > Marketplace > Catacombs(Trial) > Town > Marketplace > Battlefront > Docks(Full Clear XP) > Town > Battlefront > Solaris > Sewers(Recipe) > Barracks(Gravicious) > Lunaris > Town > Barracks > Gardens(Trial) > Library(Siosa Quest) > Town > Lab(Waypoint only) > Gardens > Scepter > A4

Act 4
Spoiler

Buy: CWDT, Molten Shell(A1), Brutality

Rewards: Berserk, Multistrike

Skills: Splitting Steel + Added Fire + Vicious Projectiles + Cruelty; Ancestral Protector + Maim + Culling Strike + Chance to Bleed; Leap Slam + Lifetap + Faster Attacks/Life Gain on Hit; CWDT + Molten Shell; Purity of Elements/Determination/Herald of Ash+Banner; Vitality; Blood Rage

Path: Aqueduct > Dried Lake (Recipe) > Town > Mines(LVL 30) > Veins > Town > Lab(31) > Veins > Daresso > Kaom > Town > HO(Craft Life&Res) > Veins > Belly(Don’t Curse Doedre) > Town > Ascent > Pens > A5

Act 5
Spoiler
Path: Pens > Blocks(Miasmeter) > Square > Courts(Full clear until lvl 41) > Innocence(Use Purity of Elements) > Courts > Square > Ossuary(Recipe) > HO(Craft Phys Weapons) > Square(Portal@Cathedral) > Reliquary > Town > Square(Portal) > Cathedral > A6

Act 6
Spoiler
Path: Coast > Flats > Fortress(Tukohama, Recipe) > Ridge > Town > Twilight > Ridge > Prison(Trial, Recipe) > Tower > Town > Gate > W.Forest > Riverways > S.Forest > Cavern > Beacon > Reef > Town > A7

Act 7
Spoiler
Path: Bridge(Locket) > Crossroads > Ruins > Crypt(Trial, Map) > Town > Crossroads > Chamber(Recipe) > Map > Chamber(Trial, Recipe) > Den > Fields > N.Forest(Portal@Thicket) > Causeway(Recipe, Star) > City > Town > N.Forest(Portal) > Thicket(Recipe) > Town > Riverways(A6) > Wetlands > Town > Gate(A6) > Lab(49-50, Recipe) > Town(A7) > City > Temple(Recipe) > Ramparts > A8

Act 8
Spoiler
Path: Conduits > Cesspool(Recipe) > Quay(Ankh) > Gate > Fields > Temple(Recipe) > Town > Temple 1 > S.Concourse > Bridge > L.Concourse(Waypoint!) > L.Temple > Town > L.Concourse > B.House(Trial, Wings) > H.Gardens(Yugul) > Town > L.Concourse > Bridge > A9

Act 9
Spoiler
Path: Blood Aqueducts(LVL 62) > Descent > Desert(Recipe, Portal@Oasis) > Oasis > Desert > Foothills > Boiling Lake > Town > Foothills > Tunnel(Trial, Recipe) > Quarry(Recipe) > Shrine & Refinery > Town > Quarry > Belly > Core > A10

Act 10
Spoiler
Path: Cathedral(Apex) > Square(Portal@Square, Waypoint) > Town > Square(Portal) > Blocks > Town > Ossuary(Trial, Recipe) > Town > Merciless Lab(LVL 64-65, Recipe) > Town > Square > Courts > Chambers > Square > Canals > Trough(Recipe) > Kitava

PoB Export
Spoiler
This covers all the same info above: https://pastebin.com/fSJ6AJRr

PoE Roadmap
Spoiler
Checklist to help you level: https://poe-roadmap.com/build/74713

Leveling with Tytykiller's help
Spoiler
Details and Video
Spoiler
The plan is to level with Ground Slam > Sunder > Bladestorm to get to maps as cheaply/quickly as possible.

If you prefer, you can also just use Smite from the very start all the way to maps. You can link it with Ancestral Call + Onslaught to start.

Another option is to start with a Duelist mule to grab his Splitting Steel and Chance to Bleed. Splitting Steel is amazing early game. To start you can link it with Chance to Bleed + Onslaught. Then switch to Added Fire + Cruelty + Vicious Projectiles.

Once you get to maps, you'll want to run them and other content while doing double-chaos recipe and selling everything you don't need to get currency to switch into Boneshatter.

You can follow Tytykiller's Bladestorm video below, which even though is a few leagues old, still applies to get you to maps:

Youtube: Tytykiller's Bladestorm 3h40m A10 Kitava **Thanks Tyty!

If you are new to the game, I suggest opening it in a second monitor and following along with Tyty and pause when he gets ahead of you.

Yes, I know his tree is different. This help is here for those who don't know what they are doing and need something to follow along. Also, remember Regret Orbs are cheap and you can farm them in Delve and Heist.

Basically, you just want to get to maps as quickly as possible to start farming currency to switch to Boneshatter ASAP.

Below there's also a checklist you can follow that talks you through the acts.

Act Checklists
Spoiler

Act 1
Spoiler
Buy: Red-Red-Green, Chance to Bleed, War Banner, Blood and Sand, Maim, Iron Rings

Reward: Quicksilver, Onslaught, Ancestral Protector, Steel Skin, Added Fire, Leap Slam, Sunder

Path: Town > Coast > Flats > Submerged > Coast > Tidal > Town(Buy) > Submerged(Portal@Flooded) > Prison > Town > Portal@Flooded > Town(Buy) > Prison(Trial) > Graveyard(Portal@Fairgraves) > Cave > Merveil > Town > Portal@Fairgraves > Town > Merveil > Town > S.Forest(A2)

Skills:
Ground Slam + Chance Bleed/Added Fire + Onslaught
Sunder + Added Fire + Onslaught (LVL 12)
Ancestral Protector + Ruthless/Maim
Blood and Sand
War Banner
Steelskin
Leap Slam

Weapon: Jade Hatchet, Boarding Axe

Pickup: Rustic Sash, Essences

Need: Alterations(Recipe: Sell UNID items. Needed to buy gems A2), Red Sockets, Chance Orbs (Needed to buy gems later on)

Nice: Movement Boots

Optimal: Merveil(LVL 12-13)

Act 2
Spoiler
Buy: Herald of Purity, Blood Rage, Close Combat, Rage, Melee Phys

Reward: Herald of Ash, Faster Attacks

Path: Chamber Sins(Trial, Fidelitas) > Town > Riverways > Western > Weaver > Town > Crossroads > Bridge > Kraityn(Kill) > Town > Riverways > Wetlands > Oak(Kill) > Waypoint > Western > Alira(Help) > Blackguards > Town > Crossroads > Fellshrine > Crypt(Trial) > Town > Town(A1) > Wetlands(A2) > V.Ruins > Forest > Caverns > A.Pyramid > Town > Sarn(A3)

Skills: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks

Weapon: Cleaver, Boarding Axe

Pickup: Leather Belt(Essence), Topaz Ring, Two-Stone Ring

Optimal: Vaal Oversoul(LVL 21-22)

Act 3
Spoiler
Buy: Bladestorm, Rallying Cry, Pride, Fortify, Vulnerability, Warlord's Mark

Reward: Determination, Jade Amulet, Ancestral Warchief

Path: Sarn > Slums > Crematorium(Trial) > Town > Sewers > Marketplace > Catacombs(Trial) > Town > Marketplace > Battlefront > Docks(Full Clear XP) > Town > Battlefront > Solaris > Sewers(Recipe) > Barracks(Gravicious) > Lunaris > Town > Barracks > Gardens(Trial) > Town > Lab(Waypoint only) > Gardens > Scepter > A4

Skills:
Sunder + Added Fire + Melee Phys + Onslaught
Blade Storm(LVL 28) + Rage + Melee Phys + Close Combat
Ancestral Warchief(LVL 28) + Maim

Weapons: Decorative Axe > Spectral Axe

Pickup: Giant Life Flask, 4L(3R,1G)

Optimal: Dominus(LVL 28-29)

Act 4
Spoiler
Reward: Flame Golem

Path: Aqueduct > Dried Lake (Recipe) > Town > Mines(LVL 30) > Veins > Town > Lab(31) > Veins > Daresso > Kaom > Town > HO(Craft Life&Res) > Veins > Belly(Don’t Curse Doedre) > Town > Ascent > Pens > A5

Skills: Pride(@Single Target Bosses)

Weapons: Decorative Axe > Spectral Axe > Tomahawk > Wrist Chopper

Pickup: Jewellery

Optimal: Malachai(LVL 35)

Act 5
Spoiler
Rewards: Two-Stone Ring(Check Res), Silver Flask

Path: Pens > Blocks(Miasmeter) > Square > Courts > Innocence > Courts > Square > Ossuary(Recipe) > HO(Craft Phys Weapons) > Square(Portal@Cathedral) > Reliquary > Town > Square(Portal) > Cathedral > A6

Skills: Pride(@Innocence)

Optimal: Innocence(39-40), Cap Res 105

Act 6
Spoiler
Rewards: STR Helm

Path: Coast > Flats > Fortress(Tukohama, Recipe) > Ridge > Town > Twilight > Ridge > Prison(Trial, Recipe) > Tower > Town > Gate > W.Forest > Riverways > S.Forest > Cavern > Beacon > Reef > Town > A7

Skills: Blade Storm + Rage + Fortify(LVL Melee Phys) + Close Combat

Optimal: King(LVL 47)

Act 7
Spoiler
Rewards: Granite Flask

Path: Bridge(Locket) > Crossroads > Ruins > Crypt(Trial, Map) > Town > Crossroads > Chamber(Recipe) > Map > Chamber(Trial, Recipe) > Den > Fields > N.Forest(Portal@Thicket) > Causeway(Recipe, Star) > City > Town > N.Forest(Portal) > Thicket(Recipe) > Town > Riverways(A6) > Wetlands > Town > Gate(A6) > Lab(49-50, Recipe) > Town(A7) > City > Temple(Recipe) > Ramparts > A8

Optimal: Arakaali(LVL 50-51)

Act 8
Spoiler
Reward: Two-Stone Ring, Potency

Path: Conduits > Cesspool(Recipe) > Quay(Ankh) > Gate > Fields > Temple(Recipe) > Town > Temple 1 > S.Concourse > Bridge > L.Concourse(Waypoint!) > L.Temple > Town > L.Concourse > B.House(Trial, Wings) > H.Gardens(Yugul) > Town > L.Concourse > Bridge > A9

Skills: CWDT+Molten Shell

Weapons: Siege Axe

Optimal: Sisters(LVL 56-57)

Act 9
Spoiler
Path: Blood Aqueducts(LVL 62) > Descent > Desert(Recipe, Portal@Oasis) > Oasis > Desert > Foothills > Boiling Lake > Town > Foothills > Tunnel(Trial, Recipe) > Quarry(Recipe) > Shrine & Refinery > Town > Quarry > Belly > Core > A10

Optimal: Trinity(64), Cap Res (105)

Act 10
Spoiler
Buy: Dex Amulet

Rewards: Sulphur Flask

Path: Cathedral(Apex) > Square(Portal@Square, Waypoint) > Town > Square(Portal) > Blocks > Town > Ossuary(Trial, Recipe) > Town > Merciless Lab(LVL 64-65, Recipe) > Town > Square > Courts > Chambers > Square > Canals > Trough(Recipe) > Kitava

Optimal: Kitava(LVL 65)

Physical Damage Weapon Vendor Recipe
Spoiler
Use this to upgrade your weapons while leveling:

Ascendancy, Bandits, Enchants & Patheon
Spoiler
Ascendancy Order: Unstoppable > Undeniable > Unflinching and then your choice between:

Unbreakable: Great if you have a lot of armour. Make sure your chest has very high armour; if it doesn't, pick the following option.

Unrelenting: Good if your chest has bad armour and you care about Chaos Res.

Unyielding: Highest DPS option.

Bandits: Help Alira to level and then switch to 2 points.

Pantheon: Solaris + Shakari/Ryslatha/Abberath.

Helm Enchant: Blood Rage 12% AS, Ancestral Protector 18% AS, Berserk 30% eff, Boneshatter Damage

Boot Enchant: 120% Crit, 16% AS, 10% MS, %18 -Mana

Belt Enchant: Recover Life while you have Rage.

-::- Frequently Asked Questions -::-
Spoiler
How many Trauma Stacks: - I don't recommend going above 15-20. This depends on how much Armour and how many Endurance charges you have at the time. At endgame gear level, I don't even bother keeping track, as they naturally start falling off around the 10th stack and it's pretty hard to stay above 15. Basically, if you're taking too much damage from Trauma, you either have too little armor, too few Endurance charges or are spamming your attack for way too long.

Imporant detail about Stun Immunity: - Stun Immune Mobs = No Pulses = Zero AoE = Zero Ryslatha heals = Bad Bad Bad = A lot of deaths! Avoid Stun Immunity at all costs, but try it a few times to see how awful it feels.

Why Replica Wings of Entropy?: - It's cheap, it gives you a lot of crit, some block, it will let you take advantage of dual-wield damage scaling while using a 2H axe, it will let you do all endgame, and you'll love how fast you'll Leap Slam around

What skill to start/level with?: - Smite, but really pick any melee skill that sounds fun to you. There are many YouTube videos showing how to level Marauders.

How do we gain Rage?: - Emancipation Belt + Curse removal Flask and at bosses Rotblood Promise + Temporal Chains so we can have Max Rage before the start of the fight. If not using Emancipation Belt, then Cast When Damage Taken|Mark on Hit + Warlord's Mark.

Ascendancy Order: - Unstoppable > Undeniable > Unrelenting

Bandits: - Help Alira for leveling. Then kill all.

How many Simulacrum Waves can this build complete: - I've gotten to wave 28 with ~4.2k life and without optimizing for Simu farming, so I am pretty sure it can complete wave 30 with some tuning, but I rarely run Simu, so you'll have to do that yourselves.

Why so many uniques?: - I like the challenge of working with as many uniques as possible while making sure the build is endgame viable. I see it somewhat akin to playing SSF, where you are purposefully increasing the challenge just for the fun of it. Uniques give you bonuses you can't find anywhere else, but also lock you to immutable stats, so it takes a bit of effort to balance the use of a lot of them together. You are of course welcome to replace uniques with rares as you see fit.

How can I become tankier?: - Drop Abyssus for a Rare helmet (see 3.15 Endgame Gear section), fit in Vitality for some regen, sacrifice DPS for more Life, get Spell Suppression by switching to Rare gear + Magebane/Reflexes, switch to Defiance Banner and Poacher's Mark. Finally, make sure you follow the guide; for example, I use a "Seething" Life Flask, yet very often people asking for help are using some other Prefix. So, please pay close attention to all mods, because wording in this game is very specific and a seemingly innocuous difference such as "increased" vs "more" can have a HUGE impact in-game.

What Leveling Gear?: - Anything with Life/Resists(Elem/Chaos)/Phys Dmg/Impale/Crit

What Leveling Tree?: - Just pick up all damage, life and max out resistances as necessary to reach maps. My suggestion is to stop thinking about the Skill Tree as something monolithic, but rather something fluid that you adjust as necessary. Regret Orbs are easily acquired through various methods, so there's not need to obsess about what the Skill Tree should look like. Yes, as a new player it's overwhelming, but all you need to do is focus on the next closest nodes around the branch you are traveling. What you should really do is take time to read and critically evaluate each node you allocate, so you can understand what you are investing into and how the build works. Also, whenever you don't recognize a word or term, such as what "Recently" means, make sure you go read the WIKI for it, because understanding things like this can make the difference between success and failure in this game.

I need more mana: - Annoint "Spirit Void", buy/craft "phys atk dmg leeched as mana" jewelry (only one is needed), Fuel The Fight Cluster Jewel, -mana cost jewelry. If leveling in a Trade League, buy this as early as possible for endless Mana leveling:

Max Single Target DPS Combo: - Pre-load Rage with Emancipation Belt + Rotblood Promise + Temporal Chains > Blood Rage > Ancestral Protector > Ancestral Warchief(or Vaal version) > Banner > Berserk > Flasks > Attack. You don't need to pre-load Rage for every boss. As you play the build you'll learn what encounters/mobs can benefit from it. For example, a thicc Metamorph in a juiced T16 might be a good place to take a few seconds and pre-load Rage, to then be able to take them down as quickly as possible.

Why two totems?: - We're taking advantage of "Panopticon" and some Jewels which provide considerable boosts to totem buffs. Ancestral Protector and Ancestral Warchief can grant their augmented buffs to us at the same time if supported by Multi-totem; without Multi-totem we drop Ancestral Protector + Vaal Ancestral Warchief only.

What gear upgrades to buy first?: - Definitely Replica Wings. It's usually 20-30c early league, but you never know how prices of things will go.

Freeze Immunity: Unstoppable Ascendancy

Bleed Immunity: Death's Door Boots, Ralakesh Pantheon or switch one of the Magic Flasks to have Bleed Removal

Corrupted Blood Immunity: Resistance and Ailment Mastery or Jewel or Ralakesh Pantheon

Can I use other skills besides Boneshatter?: - Yes, any Physical based Melee Skill that can work with 2H Axes should work, but some better than others. I've tried: Cyclone, Double Strike, Bladestorm, Cleave. I've also tried Spectral Helix and it works pretty well, just make sure to grab "Iron Grip". I'm sure others would work, but preferably ones that can both work Dual Wield and 2H, as Replica Wings let's us scale both of those. You'll need to figure out the details to make them work best, as each skill has its nuances.

Can I use another Class besides Jugg?: - Yes, you can try Berserker, Slayer, Champion and I am sure Ascendant would work as well. You'll need to figure out the details, though.

Did I miss something? Please post your questions in this thread. Do not PM me in forum. That way my reply will benefit everyone reading the thread.

-::- Keybind Setup -::-
Spoiler

*Keep 3 fingers on "234" and thumb on "Space", ready to spam the most used flasks.
*Slide over ring finger to "1" for Life flask.

Main Weapon
"LMB" = Warcry
"MMB" = Vaal Molten Shell
"RMB" = Boneshatter
"Q" = Ancestral Protector
"W" = Leap Slam
"E" = Blood Rage
"A" = Berserk
"S" = Dread Banner
"D" = Ancestral Warchief
"F" = Swap Weapons
"Z" = Pride (Divine Blessing)
"X" = Aura / Vaal Ancestral Warchief
"Ctrl-S" = Aura
"Ctrl-E" = Aura

-::- PoB Export & Gem Swaps -::-
Spoiler
Endgame PoB Export
3.19 PoB Export or https://pastebin.com/jvPhwpW2 **Updated 8/17/2022

3.17 PoB Export **Updated 2/22/2021

3.16 PoB Export **Updated 2/5/2021

The exports above are my toons imported.

You'll notice I recommend several items for each slot. Sometimes it's just a different Enchant or Anointment, sometimes an item is better suited for a particular role, such as Oskarm for bossing, while Null & Void for mapping.

Very often many of the Uniques are a few chaos for non-corrupted versions. If they are, I encourage you to test in-game to figure out what you like best.

Gem Swaps
Below are the gems you swap between mapping and single target bossing.

The main gem you swap is listed first; you can then pick whichever you prefer as your last link.

**Mapping: Ancestral Call + Melee Phys / Melee Splash / Behead / Inc. Crit. Strikes
**Bossing: Brutality + Melee Phys / Close Combat / Ruthless / Inc. Crit. Strikes

-::- PoB Config Page Details -::-
Spoiler

Hope you enjoy GL!

Last edited by corosou on Sep 18, 2022, 8:04:35 PM
Last bumped on Oct 12, 2023, 6:18:21 PM
nice
Looking awesome. Some small changes here and there on the tree. I like the whole axe cluster :) Should be able to facetank most content with all that defence? 80 all res, 20000 armor, 6 end charges, lifeleech + Molten shell... Think so
"
Mechanist_29 wrote:
nice

Thanks!

"
kaldaskeren wrote:
Looking awesome. Some small changes here and there on the tree. I like the whole axe cluster :) Should be able to facetank most content with all that defence? 80 all res, 20000 armor, 6 end charges, lifeleech + Molten shell... Think so

Thanks!

And yes, I agree, there's definitely some fine tuning to do, as I put together the tree rather quick, so people could get an idea of the build in 3.16. But overall I think all the relevant information is in the post and I'll obviously keep updating as I work on it more.

The area with Harvester of Foes and Kinetic Impacts is gonna be quite helpful to level with. I usually grab KI, but Res & Ailment Mastery is too juicy to pass up.

3.15 was incredibly rough and I felt rather tanky, so I am hoping it will feel much more comfortable in 3.16.

GL
"
corosou wrote:
"
Mechanist_29 wrote:
nice

Thanks!

"
kaldaskeren wrote:

Thanks!

And yes, I agree, there's definitely some fine tuning to do, as I put together the tree rather quick, so people could get an idea of the build in 3.16. But overall I think all the relevant information is in the post and I'll obviously keep updating as I work on it more.

The area with Harvester of Foes and Kinetic Impacts is gonna be quite helpful to level with. I usually grab KI, but Res & Ailment Mastery is too juicy to pass up.

3.15 was incredibly rough and I felt rather tanky, so I am hoping it will feel much more comfortable in 3.16.

GL

I have played around with it abit, and with as an example an early Atziri's Disfavour for 5c? or any other axe with 500 pdps - you can very early and easy hit 10mill dps with the whole axe cluster + mastery.. And since everyone is playing either TR, Seismic trapper, stone golems or winter orb spellslinger - i think this will be very cheap. I think people underrate how important tankyness will be in this league, because if you die you get nothing and the new uber stuff will oneshot everyone except Juggers :)

Please keep updating it with new ideas / pobs.
How's leveling/budget for this build? I'm an idiot for league starts, but it looks pretty great. Just curious, as it looks pretty easy to get started (replica WoE, oskarm?, and marylenes to start under 1ex) towards red maps on budget/near-SSF gear, but looking for your thoughts on whether you'd say this build is SSF/bad gamer friendly.
"
kaldaskeren wrote:

I have played around with it abit, and with as an example an early Atziri's Disfavour for 5c? or any other axe with 500 pdps - you can very early and easy hit 10mill dps with the whole axe cluster + mastery.. And since everyone is playing either TR, Seismic trapper, stone golems or winter orb spellslinger - i think this will be very cheap. I think people underrate how important tankyness will be in this league, because if you die you get nothing and the new uber stuff will oneshot everyone except Juggers :)

Please keep updating it with new ideas / pobs.

Yeah any high phys dmg/as/crit weapon will do pretty much.

Let's hope it stays cheap and it feels tanky enough.

And np, I always post tons of updates.

As a matter of fact the whole development of this build is documented on my Bladestorm thread. If you read https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009485 from page 29 on you can see all the posts from crap gear to GG. Though do keep in mind I started low-life back then, but then after testing decided against it. Either one works though.

"
NotKetsueki wrote:
How's leveling/budget for this build? I'm an idiot for league starts, but it looks pretty great. Just curious, as it looks pretty easy to get started (replica WoE, oskarm?, and marylenes to start under 1ex) towards red maps on budget/near-SSF gear, but looking for your thoughts on whether you'd say this build is SSF/bad gamer friendly.

You can start very cheap. Read my above comment about page 29 on my Bladestorm build. And thanks, glad you find interesting!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 20, 2021, 6:02:13 PM
"
NotKetsueki wrote:

Incoming wall of text:
I just did some SSF testing on standard this week (18 OCT 21) in order to league-start this build with a slightly-different tree. Doing SSF in 3.15 means it was harder than 3.16 will be. I played PoE for many years; here are some of my personal pointers:

1) I recommend running Smite from start until you can get enough 2H damage with an early 5l or use Stun Support to consistently stun mobs; otherwise, early Boneshatter is going to feel a little clunky because you only get the AoE when you stun. Also, A1 just sucks for melee, so push through.

2) I highly recommend starting with the "Melee Damage and Life" small passives off the Marauder start point and not straight into the "Life and Armour" passives like on the PoB tree; this will make early leveling significantly easier. You will respec for life and armour later on.

3) I recommend leveling with Precision, Vitality, and Herald of Purity & Ash as primaries. The new mastery reservation efficiencies will keep the Vitality cost low and help keep you alive for very low cost; you can spec out of this later if desired. Also 3.16 is a general buff to reservations so we should be able to squeeze in more auras for us solo players. Keep Precision/Vitality at manageable mana cost (based on gem level) if the reservation starts to get crazy; we have to wait until 3.16 to be sure about this.

After you can get Pride, I would look to running a setup of an appropriate-level Precision with Herald of Purity & Pride and the banner of your choice. Instead of Bannerman, run "Champion of the Cause" and the reservation node behind it to get some mana back (if needed).

4) Just get general 2h damage passives while leveling; don't specialize in axe/mace/sword (for example) until you get Replica Wings or the weapon you want to map with for awhile. You will always want to be upgrading your weapon to the highest DPS weapon you find (or doing the phys weapon vendor recipe to get a decent %inc phys weapon).

5) You can use the endless heisting strategy from 67 to 68 to 67 to 68 (leveling and de-leveling) to farm a ton of basic currency, decent rares, and build up a Rogue Marks pool before you dive into maps. Additionally, you have potential to find a lot of 5l or even 6l while doing this. If you are able to run early blueprints for replica items, it shouldn't be too hard to find Replica Wings from <68 blueprints. I didn't run this strat myself, but as OP said, this weapon can carry you a long time if you put the time in to get it.

6) Many of OP's uniques are nice to have, but not "must have" to make this build viable. Some Essence of Contempt crating on Steel Rings can still be very good DPS in place of the Elder ring.

Belt of the Deceiver (common unique), Magnate, Meginord's Girdle, or a well-rolled Rustic Sash can be used in place of a Ryslatha's, but Ryslatha's will be quite a large DPS increase.

Instead of Marylene's Fallacy (which is somewhat common), you can also get an ilvl 82 Hunter or Warlord amulet later on and alt-spam until you get +1 Str gems or +1 Phys gems respectively. This could take 10 or 400 alts but hey, that's RNG baby. Otherwise, look for some flat phys amulet + life + crit and resists as necessary.

Death's Door boots (Uber Lab Trove drop) are really only for the +1 End Charges, so these can be replaced by any decent rares.

Self-cast vulnerability until you can corrupt some curse-on-hit gloves, because you really only need the curse for bosses or tough rares, not for all trash.

7) Keep in mind that Scourge is going to make some INSANE items through the mechanic, so if you find halfway decent items that are on par with what you currently have, throw it in the Scourge window and see if you can "bake" some awesome modifiers to improve your overall gear. It's entirely possible that Scourge mods on some items could be improvements over some of the unique items noted.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thoughts on their build, but this is my input based on my experience with many league starts. In trades, you could probably get this build rolling into, at the very least, mid-tier maps one-two weeks into the league for 100 chaos or less, keeping in mind that EVERY league has varying prices.

If anyone bothered to read all of this, I'm open to questions or comments lol.
"
Abbaddon wrote:

Incoming wall of text:
Spoiler

I just did some SSF testing on standard this week (18 OCT 21) in order to league-start this build with a slightly-different tree. Doing SSF in 3.15 means it was harder than 3.16 will be. I played PoE for many years; here are some of my personal pointers:

1) I recommend running Smite from start until you can get enough 2H damage with an early 5l or use Stun Support to consistently stun mobs; otherwise, early Boneshatter is going to feel a little clunky because you only get the AoE when you stun. Also, A1 just sucks for melee, so push through.

2) I highly recommend starting with the "Melee Damage and Life" small passives off the Marauder start point and not straight into the "Life and Armour" passives like on the PoB tree; this will make early leveling significantly easier. You will respec for life and armour later on.

3) I recommend leveling with Precision, Vitality, and Herald of Purity & Ash as primaries. The new mastery reservation efficiencies will keep the Vitality cost low and help keep you alive for very low cost; you can spec out of this later if desired. Also 3.16 is a general buff to reservations so we should be able to squeeze in more auras for us solo players. Keep Precision/Vitality at manageable mana cost (based on gem level) if the reservation starts to get crazy; we have to wait until 3.16 to be sure about this.

After you can get Pride, I would look to running a setup of an appropriate-level Precision with Herald of Purity & Pride and the banner of your choice. Instead of Bannerman, run "Champion of the Cause" and the reservation node behind it to get some mana back (if needed).

4) Just get general 2h damage passives while leveling; don't specialize in axe/mace/sword (for example) until you get Replica Wings or the weapon you want to map with for awhile. You will always want to be upgrading your weapon to the highest DPS weapon you find (or doing the phys weapon vendor recipe to get a decent %inc phys weapon).

5) You can use the endless heisting strategy from 67 to 68 to 67 to 68 (leveling and de-leveling) to farm a ton of basic currency, decent rares, and build up a Rogue Marks pool before you dive into maps. Additionally, you have potential to find a lot of 5l or even 6l while doing this. If you are able to run early blueprints for replica items, it shouldn't be too hard to find Replica Wings from <68 blueprints. I didn't run this strat myself, but as OP said, this weapon can carry you a long time if you put the time in to get it.

6) Many of OP's uniques are nice to have, but not "must have" to make this build viable. Some Essence of Contempt crating on Steel Rings can still be very good DPS in place of the Elder ring.

Belt of the Deceiver (common unique), Magnate, Meginord's Girdle, or a well-rolled Rustic Sash can be used in place of a Ryslatha's, but Ryslatha's will be quite a large DPS increase.

Instead of Marylene's Fallacy (which is somewhat common), you can also get an ilvl 82 Hunter or Warlord amulet later on and alt-spam until you get +1 Str gems or +1 Phys gems respectively. This could take 10 or 400 alts but hey, that's RNG baby. Otherwise, look for some flat phys amulet + life + crit and resists as necessary.

Death's Door boots (Uber Lab Trove drop) are really only for the +1 End Charges, so these can be replaced by any decent rares.

Self-cast vulnerability until you can corrupt some curse-on-hit gloves, because you really only need the curse for bosses or tough rares, not for all trash.

7) Keep in mind that Scourge is going to make some INSANE items through the mechanic, so if you find halfway decent items that are on par with what you currently have, throw it in the Scourge window and see if you can "bake" some awesome modifiers to improve your overall gear. It's entirely possible that Scourge mods on some items could be improvements over some of the unique items noted.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thoughts on their build, but this is my input based on my experience with many league starts. In trades, you could probably get this build rolling into, at the very least, mid-tier maps one-two weeks into the league for 100 chaos or less, keeping in mind that EVERY league has varying prices.

If anyone bothered to read all of this, I'm open to questions or comments lol.

Thanks for the time it took you to write this well written and thought out post!

I don't disagree with anything you said.

My approach has always been to test and iron out a build and if it works well enough, write a guide about it. I would never purposefully waste anyone's time with a BS build.

I also like to provide just the basics, let people try things out on their own, and not spoon feed every little detail.

I especially like when people, such as yourself, take the time to do exactly what you just did - experiment - try things out, see what works, what feels right for your play style, what doesn't. That's how I got into making builds and writing guides for them.

Feel free to keep posting your feedback. It's always good to get ideas from other people playing the build, and as I mentioned in the main post, the build is technically still a work in progress, and as you mentioned, you never know what new mods/goodies Scourge will bring and I am always looking for a different approach/trick/way to scale DPS/Survivability/etc.

GL and hope the build serves you well in 3.16
Looking at the build and your char you don't seem put much effort into increased stun duration to scale the AoE for improved clear. Is clear still fine on minimal stun duration or am I missing some source of it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info