[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

"
alzorz_ wrote:
Looking at the build and your char you don't seem put much effort into increased stun duration to scale the AoE for improved clear. Is clear still fine on minimal stun duration or am I missing some source of it?

I tested in 3.15 with things like Goliath, and it just wasn't worth the points when you're one-shotting most trash packs already and more AoE won't make much of a difference.

In the videos like the Logbook Showcase one, you can see the Pulse waves spread almost to the edge of my 3840x1080 resolution. That is off-screening in a regular monitor, and I only had Kinetic Impacts, Destroyer and Ryslatha's then.

Either way, it may be that in 3.16 investing in more Stun Duration is worth it. Only way to find out is to test, which I will.

GL
"
corosou wrote:
"
alzorz_ wrote:
Looking at the build and your char you don't seem put much effort into increased stun duration to scale the AoE for improved clear. Is clear still fine on minimal stun duration or am I missing some source of it?

I tested in 3.15 with things like Goliath, and it just wasn't worth the points when you're one-shotting most trash packs already and more AoE won't make much of a difference.

In the videos like the Logbook Showcase one, you can see the Pulse waves spread almost to the edge of my 3840x1080 resolution. That is off-screening in a regular monitor, and I only had Kinetic Impacts, Destroyer and Ryslatha's then.

Either way, it may be that in 3.16 investing in more Stun Duration is worth it. Only way to find out is to test, which I will.

GL

Thanks for feedback, planning to run berserker version in SSFHC as my starter, using axes and scaling with impale. Leaning towards playing around a bit with melee splash and hydrosphere as well if the lack of stun duration (have around 70%) doesn't provide the clear I want :).
"
alzorz_ wrote:

Thanks for feedback, planning to run berserker version in SSFHC as my starter, using axes and scaling with impale. Leaning towards playing around a bit with melee splash and hydrosphere as well if the lack of stun duration (have around 70%) doesn't provide the clear I want :).

NP! Also, keep in mind that the only reason I didn't pick up more Stun nodes like Kinetic Impacts, is because of the new Masteries and the Cluster Jewels, but those are really late-game items, so early game, you can certainly path to Kinetic Impacts and other Stun/Impale nodes.

Zerker should work fine and AoE is more than enough, but you'll be able to tell yourself.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Oct 22, 2021, 1:37:43 PM
"
Abbaddon wrote:

Incoming wall of text:
Spoiler
I just did some SSF testing on standard this week (18 OCT 21) in order to league-start this build with a slightly-different tree. Doing SSF in 3.15 means it was harder than 3.16 will be. I played PoE for many years; here are some of my personal pointers:

1) I recommend running Smite from start until you can get enough 2H damage with an early 5l or use Stun Support to consistently stun mobs; otherwise, early Boneshatter is going to feel a little clunky because you only get the AoE when you stun. Also, A1 just sucks for melee, so push through.

2) I highly recommend starting with the "Melee Damage and Life" small passives off the Marauder start point and not straight into the "Life and Armour" passives like on the PoB tree; this will make early leveling significantly easier. You will respec for life and armour later on.

3) I recommend leveling with Precision, Vitality, and Herald of Purity & Ash as primaries. The new mastery reservation efficiencies will keep the Vitality cost low and help keep you alive for very low cost; you can spec out of this later if desired. Also 3.16 is a general buff to reservations so we should be able to squeeze in more auras for us solo players. Keep Precision/Vitality at manageable mana cost (based on gem level) if the reservation starts to get crazy; we have to wait until 3.16 to be sure about this.

After you can get Pride, I would look to running a setup of an appropriate-level Precision with Herald of Purity & Pride and the banner of your choice. Instead of Bannerman, run "Champion of the Cause" and the reservation node behind it to get some mana back (if needed).

4) Just get general 2h damage passives while leveling; don't specialize in axe/mace/sword (for example) until you get Replica Wings or the weapon you want to map with for awhile. You will always want to be upgrading your weapon to the highest DPS weapon you find (or doing the phys weapon vendor recipe to get a decent %inc phys weapon).

5) You can use the endless heisting strategy from 67 to 68 to 67 to 68 (leveling and de-leveling) to farm a ton of basic currency, decent rares, and build up a Rogue Marks pool before you dive into maps. Additionally, you have potential to find a lot of 5l or even 6l while doing this. If you are able to run early blueprints for replica items, it shouldn't be too hard to find Replica Wings from <68 blueprints. I didn't run this strat myself, but as OP said, this weapon can carry you a long time if you put the time in to get it.

6) Many of OP's uniques are nice to have, but not "must have" to make this build viable. Some Essence of Contempt crating on Steel Rings can still be very good DPS in place of the Elder ring.

Belt of the Deceiver (common unique), Magnate, Meginord's Girdle, or a well-rolled Rustic Sash can be used in place of a Ryslatha's, but Ryslatha's will be quite a large DPS increase.

Instead of Marylene's Fallacy (which is somewhat common), you can also get an ilvl 82 Hunter or Warlord amulet later on and alt-spam until you get +1 Str gems or +1 Phys gems respectively. This could take 10 or 400 alts but hey, that's RNG baby. Otherwise, look for some flat phys amulet + life + crit and resists as necessary.

Death's Door boots (Uber Lab Trove drop) are really only for the +1 End Charges, so these can be replaced by any decent rares.

Self-cast vulnerability until you can corrupt some curse-on-hit gloves, because you really only need the curse for bosses or tough rares, not for all trash.

7) Keep in mind that Scourge is going to make some INSANE items through the mechanic, so if you find halfway decent items that are on par with what you currently have, throw it in the Scourge window and see if you can "bake" some awesome modifiers to improve your overall gear. It's entirely possible that Scourge mods on some items could be improvements over some of the unique items noted.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thoughts on their build, but this is my input based on my experience with many league starts. In trades, you could probably get this build rolling into, at the very least, mid-tier maps one-two weeks into the league for 100 chaos or less, keeping in mind that EVERY league has varying prices.

If anyone bothered to read all of this, I'm open to questions or comments lol.

Just want to say that for anyone looking at this build for Scourge, these tips helped me quite a bit -- I haven't gotten around to 67/68 yet, but the acts became super easy with the Kinetic Impacts wheel + 2h Leech node right above it. Life hasn't been a terrible issue, since you comfortably sit around 70% physical damage reduction just picking up random gear... so can all in some melee DPS and get around to one-shotting whites/blues without issue.

I ran Unwavering stance for 1 point and took the accuracy ascendancy node first, to keep 100% chance to hit and some attack speed for Leap Slam, then despec'd it after taking Undeniable. I also got a lucky Geofri's Baptism around act 4, but was doing just fine with a random vendor crafted phys damage, and swapped to Boneshatter with a 4L (+multistrike+brutality+ancestral call).

Only thing to add might be taking the 2h mastery "Deal 60% increased damage to Rare or Unique enemies" when using smite or boneshatter only, as it felt pretty noticeable against act bosses.

Great build, good tips in this post, and page 29 of the referenced Bladestorm Jugg build that OP talked about. Looking forward to pushing it late!
3.16 Early Mapping Update!

Hi Fellas,

So, here's how I am comfortably clearing my early Atlas. I don't even bother to swap Ancestral Call out for bosses.

-::- The Gear -::-

Most expensive item (chest) was 30c.
Axe was 15c + self 5L.
Rest of stuff 2-10c each or self-found.

-::- Scourge toon PoB Export -::-\

https://pastebin.com/hTXM3dti

GL

Last edited by corosou on Oct 24, 2021, 2:04:24 AM
Thanks for the update! It's good to see stuff in PoB. I'm a pretty new player and only level 35 with the build, but so far so good!
Last edited by Nyquist441 on Oct 24, 2021, 8:14:16 AM
Hey just started on the build and would like to ask you what did you use before swapping to boneshatter? :)
"
Nyquist441 wrote:
Thanks for the update! It's good to see stuff in PoB. I'm a pretty new player and only level 35 with the build, but so far so good!

Sure thing! Keep it up, GL

"
faltogar wrote:
Hey just started on the build and would like to ask you what did you use before swapping to boneshatter? :)

I used Smite. It uses pretty much the same links. I swapped soon after getting to maps.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Oct 24, 2021, 12:23:55 PM
Hey guys, first, thank you for this build, it seems really neat. Secondly, thank you Abbadon for putting together the dummies' guide to it, it's helping me a LOT.

I tried a couplea three or four times last league to get a marauder started, but I always just started dying a LOT around maps. So, I'm gonna try this one instead in the new league, hope springs eternal after all.

Would someone mind looking me over and making sure that I haven't borked Cheebs here? I'm using Smite with Ancestral call as my main damage doer, is that right or should I use soemthing else?

Sorry for the really basic questions, I'm still kind of new to the whole thing and haven't quite managed to make anything work yet.
"
Spritz wrote:
Hey guys, first, thank you for this build, it seems really neat. Secondly, thank you Abbadon for putting together the dummies' guide to it, it's helping me a LOT.

I tried a couplea three or four times last league to get a marauder started, but I always just started dying a LOT around maps. So, I'm gonna try this one instead in the new league, hope springs eternal after all.

Would someone mind looking me over and making sure that I haven't borked Cheebs here? I'm using Smite with Ancestral call as my main damage doer, is that right or should I use soemthing else?

Sorry for the really basic questions, I'm still kind of new to the whole thing and haven't quite managed to make anything work yet.

Smite and Boneshatter can benefit from the same links. There's also a lot of useful information in my Bladestorm guide for new players that still applies to this build, so check that out, I provide a link in the main post.

You can also import your character into PoB and sort the gems by DPS to find out what supports work best for your toon.

GL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info