Communication and the Sacred Orb

I don't know who thought about this idea. But it's just so so so BAD
Problem: Players don't know how to address something and don't have the ability to digress futher about a mechanic I am almost certain they didn't understood at all

Solution I see: Chris should stop caring too much about us again.

Like really. Who would complain about better rolls on bases? 99% of players here have like 5 or 10 exalts per league, so how this new currency Is gonna impact you guys? I would love to have one more way to raise a ES based type besides 30% quality and fossils.

Stop bullshitting and wait for the release before saying unrelevant things.
I don't think anyone would've cared about the sacred orb or the variable bonus to defenses if they didn't also take away our 18% quality craft before giving us this.

Wake up folks, you're not getting this free variable defense for free. You are losing the ability to craft 15-18% on your armour, which everyone, not just the 1% folks, could afford.

Stop falling for the bait and switch.
"
kaepae wrote:
"
Have a play when Scourge comes out next week and let us know what you think. In playtesting so far, I am personally finding my interactions with base types a lot more interesting than before and get excited both seeing a perfect-defence base type drop and knowing that it would be technically possible to fix a non-perfect one with enough investment, if the item was godly enough to warrant it.

I don't understand your excitement from knowing it is technically possible.

I hope you can understand that PoE has not been really forgiving towards strategically built up value. Godly items may be crushed at your whim every league - some players recently lost thousands of hours of investment in their aurastacker build, for example.

See, in D2R, value is stable as the game remains stable. That godly item matters more because it will be godly forever. Much more fun as strategic investment.

But as rigorous as changes are in PoE, I have to say, this technical possibility of a chance is a misfit for this.

Further I don't think your play experience is that relatable. I'm happy you're happy with this, but to be honest I think you're just saying stuff.

We'll be fine in the end, I guess. To each their own on how to learn to cope with how you change the game around.

He does this quite alot. Remember he said he loved negotiating with Tujen. That wasn't an interesting mechanic, arbitrarily scrolling a bar is not negotiating. I doubt many people found that fun.
"
lesatinho wrote:
What I got from this is that it's a new mechanic, and i look foward to It. If it is something designed to raise even higher your ES/ DEF/ EVA pool, I don't understand at all what you guys are complaning. Like really. Give me something better beside memes. And make sure you understood how the mechanic works.

How are you and a few other people not getting why this is a bad idea?

Crafters supply the bulk of the playerbase with their equipment. Crafters will not want to craft on lower rolled bases because their equipment will look less attractive compared to other crafted items (even though the effects are negligable, its the way the mind works). As such, crafters might only work with 15-20% ES bases, maybe 18+ who knows.

This means mid-end game 6ls are likely to be rarer, and more expensive, as the variable bases are essentially reducing the amount of craftable bases.

Result: expect fairly good 6 links to be more expensive than normal, and to take longer than normal to drop in price.

Did you also forget we are losing the 18% quality craft? This is a net nerf to defenses, not a buff. Stop blindly following Chris.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Oct 13, 2021, 3:09:22 AM
crafting in PoE? naaah dont think so :D
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

So now GGG makes a problem, the implements a fix to fix the problem they made? Why do you guys keep shooting yourself in the foot with dumb changes like this whilst you ignore the CORE problems with the game that have been addressed time and time again and even in the replies here? Do you want your game to end up dying?
No
we don't want this
Need more brains, exile?
TY
GGG

<3
If it is that rare it might as well not exist as far as I am concerned. Only handful of people are going to use it.

Why not focus development resources to make something that everyone can find...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info