[3.20] 💥 Velyna's Explosive Concoction 💥 Leaguestart | Smooth Clear and Bossing | Deathless Feared

"
Zephryl wrote:
In light of all the changes people are looking into, someone think they can take a look at my build/tree and tell me what my best bet for modifications/upgrades is? I'm not super rich, so, I can't get any of the big ticket items like the FF Jewels currently.

I can do red maps to varying degrees of success, though it can be dicey in spots for sure.

Edit:
https://pastebin.com/L9qQFgAR

Just realised people probably don't wanna have to trawl through the public build character stuff.

your pathing is very inefficient, losing a lot of points there for no good reason. you have 73% hit chance against a level 83 monster, which should be fixed asap as this seems to be the biggest problem for the build in terms of offense. invest in acuity wheel and use level 6 precision if you can. accuracy mastery that gives 1 accuracy per 1 dex is also very good, it's like an entire suffix if you get to around 400 dex later on. get a better amulet with more life, you don't need any flat damage, any crit chance, any crit multi on your gear. spell suppression isn't capped either so get the 12% suppression mastery asap and look for more suppression on the gear. most importantly, try to get a skin of the lords asap. the build doesn't function very well without it
Having a lot of fun with this build, first time playing it, feels strong and changed as someone adviced and got 100% spell suppresion impriving survivability.

This is my POB at the moment https://pastebin.com/KQfGy7u3

working on getting an 8 passive cluster and allocating my glorious vanity timeless jewel
Hey Vel!

Came by to say thanks for the build and share my spin on it. Stole some ideas from Wudijo and went Crit with The Interrogation: https://pobb.in/47j0_suegkrk

It's amazing. And the fact that the build is very much under the radar allowed me to snipe very good items for very cheap. With Empower level 4 and level 5 Awakened EDWA, the total build cost is around 30 divines as of now. Burst DPS with Berserk and Focus up is 16mil against Pinnacle bosses.

I have ashe of stars should I use it?
"
auspexa wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:
In light of all the changes people are looking into, someone think they can take a look at my build/tree and tell me what my best bet for modifications/upgrades is? I'm not super rich, so, I can't get any of the big ticket items like the FF Jewels currently.

I can do red maps to varying degrees of success, though it can be dicey in spots for sure.

Edit:
https://pastebin.com/L9qQFgAR

Just realised people probably don't wanna have to trawl through the public build character stuff.

your pathing is very inefficient, losing a lot of points there for no good reason. you have 73% hit chance against a level 83 monster, which should be fixed asap as this seems to be the biggest problem for the build in terms of offense. invest in acuity wheel and use level 6 precision if you can. accuracy mastery that gives 1 accuracy per 1 dex is also very good, it's like an entire suffix if you get to around 400 dex later on. get a better amulet with more life, you don't need any flat damage, any crit chance, any crit multi on your gear. spell suppression isn't capped either so get the 12% suppression mastery asap and look for more suppression on the gear. most importantly, try to get a skin of the lords asap. the build doesn't function very well without it

Allright, thanks! Pathing I was just following the PoB for the most part, though with a couple minor tweaks for stuff that would currently do nothing for me (I.e the mastery node that gives Spell Suppression if you have Evade on Gloves/Boots/Helm, since I've not been able to get a good Eva helm yet and still using Inward).

Precision I just... flat out forgot it wasn't a % reservation gem and didn't think I had room for it. That's entirely on me lol.

Skin of the Lords I can do nothing about though, unfortunately. Not using Corrupted Gems yet. They're close to hitting 20 so I can 20/20, but, still a ways off corrupting them.

Looks like I need to sit around shopping for rares for a while, not sure what I'm supposed to drop off my tree at the moment though.
@Auspexa: I just switched to your version of the build (at least in most part).

I kept some skill gems such as Herald of Ash, as I got a nicely rolled Circle of Anguish and didn't want to lose out on more Strength at the moment.

With your more efficient pathing I could fully slot all my cluster jewels and gain around 600 hp, landing me at 5 500. I also feel that I can facetank a lot more content.

I'm not at zero cost EC or anything, but it works better than the original build, so thanks! =)
"
Bizze79 wrote:
@Auspexa: I just switched to your version of the build (at least in most part).

I kept some skill gems such as Herald of Ash, as I got a nicely rolled Circle of Anguish and didn't want to lose out on more Strength at the moment.

With your more efficient pathing I could fully slot all my cluster jewels and gain around 600 hp, landing me at 5 500. I also feel that I can facetank a lot more content.

I'm not at zero cost EC or anything, but it works better than the original build, so thanks! =)

Hey, no problem. After extensive testing I've decided that herald of ash doesn't really do anything for the build, especially if you're using both gmp and gv because our hit damage isn't super high and instead we're dealing multiple ticks of small hits due to shotgunning effect. This makes herald of ash's overkill proliferation less useful than it would otherwise be. The clear speed doesn't really change with or without it, so I'll stick with the taming for now.

There are a lot of things I want to change in the build but I need to hit level 97-98 (almost 96 atm) and need more currency so it'll take a while. 0 mana cost is only a temporary thing until I get proper gear and enlighten 4, I want to get rid of these mana cost reduction jewels as soon as possible since we can't really get a lot of damage from any jewel. Even my triple attack speed jewel gives me like 5% more dps.

Another thing, I got rid of fortify on shield charge because I didn't know that fortify works like ailments now and has a threshold to proc (never happens vs bosses on shield charge), so I'm using frostblink. I've bought a raider forbidden flame but probably won't buy the other one and sell this one, 2 jewel sockets for some suppression, onslaught and phasing don't feel like it's worth it. I'll test a version with a second large cluster jewel (sadist, doryani's lesson and corrosive elements) and elementalist jewels. That's free 38% elemental penetration with elemental mastery.
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 2, 2022, 2:30:39 PM
I currently struggle a bit with what to buy first. There are so many options so I'm just overwhelmed. :D
Would you be so nice to maybe make a little list about what to buy first and maybe even a "how to spend your first Divine Orb"?
My character should be on public and currently I think I should either go for level upgrades on the EC links or maybe the two forbidden jewels.

Other than that I can only think about maybe just getting gear from the different POB builds. Then again I currently have max resistances so I don't really see what I should upgrade now other than the usual "get more life".

Also: How are you able to get Precision, Determination and Herald of Ash to be active at the same time? Did I miss some passives or is Enlighten 4 and Charisma enough for all three?
"
Vacoh wrote:
I currently struggle a bit with what to buy first. There are so many options so I'm just overwhelmed. :D
Would you be so nice to maybe make a little list about what to buy first and maybe even a "how to spend your first Divine Orb"?
My character should be on public and currently I think I should either go for level upgrades on the EC links or maybe the two forbidden jewels.

Other than that I can only think about maybe just getting gear from the different POB builds. Then again I currently have max resistances so I don't really see what I should upgrade now other than the usual "get more life".

Also: How are you able to get Precision, Determination and Herald of Ash to be active at the same time? Did I miss some passives or is Enlighten 4 and Charisma enough for all three?

most important upgrade for the build is skin of the lords with elemental overload, so focus on that first. then you'll get empower 3 until you can afford empower 4. precision, determination and herald of ash don't require any investment since they should reserve like 85% of your mana, depending on precision's level

on a side note for ppl who liked my changes, I've made some more changes to the build and got rid of mana cost jewels (got 20/23 anomalous gmp and exquisite eldritch implicit on helmet), changed the pathing a bit and replaced my shield with magna eclipsis, enlighten 6 allows me to run determination, grace, aspect of the spider, discipline, defiance banner and precision without mana reservation implicits on jewels and elemental aegis is pretty good since we don't get hit often. flat es on magna eclipsis is a huge plus for the build since skin of the lords gives 100% global defense and with pretty much no investment I have 1100 es (with 5500 life) right now for ghost shroud. I'm very happy with the build's current state, can face tank pretty much everything since I have 44k armour and 91% evasion with ghost shrouds, 100% suppression, elemental aegis, overleech, berserk, vaal molten shell and endurance charges. planted defiance banner also helps tremendously in boss fights. there are still some upgrades I have in mind, such as awakened edwa, empower 5, +2 amulet, redeemer/hunter dual influenced stygian and tailwind/onslaught boots, replica pure talent or replica conq eff with cb implicit but I'll probably quit the league before them

I still think herald of ash doesn't do anything for the build, I see no difference with or without it. it's probably perfectly fine to just drop it for something else

and btw, a list of good glorious vanity seeds that give some life for the build:

there are many more but I'm too lazy to search for all since I've bought mine already
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 7, 2022, 7:16:09 PM
Looks great so far, I think I've probably hit about as good as I can get for a fair while myself. I managed to snag a Lords with a slightly different colouration for significantly cheaper than the right colours, but, I also don't have an empower yet anyway.

Pretty sure until I get a handful of divines to spend, the only upgrades I can do is levels and gem levels/quality.

Still, pretty happy with where I'm at now. Still figuring out what combination of map mods made me pop like a grape, but most stuff I've tried in Reds has been pretty fine.

Edit:

Actually, if I swap out my gloves from attack speed ones to suppression ones I should be able to also grab that Shield, and look into grabbing Aspect of the Spider on my Amulet. Sweet.
Last edited by Zephryl on Sep 8, 2022, 2:15:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info