[3.15] Forbidden Rite Totem Tank - Capable of all content, 20m+ dps

I went for both of the Totem-Ascendancy nodes first, then picked up divine guidance and finished with the charges.

E: I edited the guide to include this and also fleshed out the levelling section a bit more.
Last edited by Siza1337 on Aug 27, 2021, 2:43:45 AM
Hey all

THanks for this build. I started the league with a Freeze Pulse build and it was fun till 90 but then it got a bit slow. Sold some of my gear and switched to FR. I found this guide and it has been great for me so far.

I have been playing POE for a few leagues but never got higher than 91 in Heist with a minion build. Currently on 91 again with this build and mapping is easy unless i try a crazy juiced map and stand still for too long.

Last night was the first time I unlocked and tried Sirus A5. So it was a first for me, I got him to about 50% and then started dying in his deathray beam thing and unfortunately I could not kill him. He had about 15% HP left when I used my last portal.

Here is my POB, if anyone can give me some info as to what I can upgrade or if it is just me being a bit bad at the game still :P

https://pastebin.com/wZHpcn9B

I need to update my flasks still. I currently have 2Ex and some Chaos for gear if I need to upgrade something.
Last edited by PaPaBeeR609 on Aug 27, 2021, 3:44:29 AM
Try to get more mana, you want at least 4000 to use Dark Ideation's full potential. Also, get more life. Ditch your panicked life flask, you won't need it (freeze/chill immunity comes from the ring) - switch it out with a Diamond Flask and try to get more spell block - either via shield, better Rumi Flask or even Rainbowstride boots. Reroll your eternal mana flask for the enduring prefix, that way it constantly recovers mana.

When it comes to Sirus, you just have to learn the fight. The build cannot tank his die-beams unless you get extremely lucky with blocking and press your life flask at the exact moment you lose life.

Try obtaining corrupted blood immunity if you're still learning the fight.

General tips for Sirus: Try to stay close to him. It's way easier to dodge his attacks that way. If you don't have a lot of experience with Sirus, don't run RF. The fight will take a bit longer, but the build will be much more forgiving.

Try to listen to the audio cues (DIE-Beam, thrill of the void). Once you master those, the fight is incredibly easy. Check out my Video in the guide, you can see me easily dodge all the beams.
Last edited by Siza1337 on Aug 27, 2021, 7:23:45 AM
https://pastebin.com/LmFz8qEW

Could you guys take a look at my build and see if I'm missing anything or have any good upgrade paths?

Also, when I run Righteous Fire, it just randomly turns itself off. Even if I'm full on life and mana? Is there some trick to make it stay on or am I doing something wrong?

LOVE THE BUILD!!! Hopefully they don't nerf it to death like they normally do when something is good.
Can't look at the PoB right now but you most likely have some flask with the "of dousing" suffix which will turn off RF.

Edit: Yep. Your sulfur flask
Last edited by Siza1337 on Aug 27, 2021, 8:29:29 PM
Haha, yep, I just discovered that a couple minutes ago. Noticed it went off when I used my flasks. I had no idea that removed RF honestly.

If you get a chance, let me know if you see any big upgrades I can make. I'm planning on minmaxing the build and doing 36/40 and lvl 100 with it. So willing to spend money.
I'll have a closer look tomorrow. Obvious immediate upgrades are 21/23 gems, more crit multi on gear/jewels and corruptions. Make sure you get to 100% crit chance with a flask up.
"
Siza1337 wrote:
I'll have a closer look tomorrow. Obvious immediate upgrades are 21/23 gems, more crit multi on gear/jewels and corruptions. Make sure you get to 100% crit chance with a flask up.

Awesome, I'll work on those things. Thanks!!
For corruptions, I would suggest +1 all max resists (for defensive purposes, less RF drain) or +2 proj gems on the chest if you want more damage. %increased damage could be better since FR doesn't scale that well off of gem levels. You'd have to PoB it.

Somehow picking up an additional curse for despair would be amazing too.

Watchers Eye: I'd go with crit multi by precision and mana recovery rate while affected by clarity. The mana recovery rate multiplies your mana regen and apparently even works on the mana recovered on block. Can't say for sure though.

Whatever you do, crit multi, totem life and cast speed are likely your "best" upgrades once you reach 100% crit chance - if you want to push this to level 100, just make sure your defenses are properly set up. The damage is there anyway. I noticed you have block instead of spellblock crafted on your shield, is this intentional?
Last edited by Siza1337 on Aug 28, 2021, 7:12:36 AM
thanks for the guide!!!

any tips to craft a good shield? there is none even close to what u got in market rn... or should i just drop +1 totem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info