[3.19] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin | Early To Endgame

"
Hambert_d wrote:
Сan Сarcass jack be used to increase aoe in this build, or will there be too much loss in damage?

You could definitely use that but i would consider upgrading to the influence chest later on for the +2 lvls to bv and additional curse, but prioritise everything else first asenath's, diadem etc.
"
Drudsteel wrote:
Why did you swap from cruelty to efficacy on the BV 6L ? (PoB tells me it deals less damages)

It's kinda a trap since pob shows max cruelty stacks which can't really be achieved on bosses/lone mobs so you would be losing out on damage compared to efficacy in 1 on 1 situations where damage matters the most. And this extra dmg should not matter for packs of regular mobs since they get obliterated anyway. Efficacy also comes with skill duration which is nice.
As of 2/8 the POB link in the build guide is not updated for the passive tree.
I tried to import the build again and said the same error.

Not sure how to fix this.

Thank you.
Nevermind, I installed the outdated POB.
how to deal with mana regen? i was lucky and have tabula levelling. But BV costs 24mana to cast and we dont have mana regen, leech or mana on hit?

Thanks!
"
Immortal007 wrote:
how to deal with mana regen? i was lucky and have tabula levelling. But BV costs 24mana to cast and we dont have mana regen, leech or mana on hit?

Thanks!

If you level clarity a bit it should be enough along with a mana flask until you get an enduring mana flask, devouring diadem or eldritch battery from the tree.
i see. We get eldrich battery via the helm unique. That makes sense. How do we consistently sustain our energy shield? Is there a source of ES leech?
"
How do we consistently sustain our energy shield? Is there a source of ES leech?

ES recharges automatically 20%/second, it's an in-built ES mechanic which remains even after Eldritch Battery - though it's reduced to 10%/sec instead from EB.

Edited: Realized that cruelty indeed loses out on Boss dps since the buff effect % is affected my max HP of whatever you're hitting.

So instead i'll ask something else:
How do you deal with Elemental Ailments?
This league is full of Ele Ailments and degens on the ground.
Personally i opted into foregoing the clusters for now and grabbing all the ele avoidance nodes below ranger as well as bench-crafting ele avoidance on the triple influenced chest for a total of 95% ele avoidance, which still leaves me with crappy degens on the ground until i can craft elevated boots for those.

If i went with the clusters, what would be the solution for E.Ailements? It's the main reason that i'm currently not specced into clusters for even more damaging goodies :(

Btw build looking great, i'm currently running these:
Spoiler

Currently in the process to acquire an Aug Phys harvestcraft to craft a +2 amulet :D
Testing out the free Pride for now - MIGHT be increasing the damage but not sure. Might remove it to put back the totems, they should be a lot more damage in any case.
Last edited by happens_ow on Feb 9, 2022, 10:06:11 AM
Spoiler
"
happens_ow wrote:
"
How do we consistently sustain our energy shield? Is there a source of ES leech?

ES recharges automatically 20%/second, it's an in-built ES mechanic which remains even after Eldritch Battery - though it's reduced to 10%/sec instead from EB.

Edited: Realized that cruelty indeed loses out on Boss dps since the buff effect % is affected my max HP of whatever you're hitting.

So instead i'll ask something else:
How do you deal with Elemental Ailments?
This league is full of Ele Ailments and degens on the ground.
Personally i opted into foregoing the clusters for now and grabbing all the ele avoidance nodes below ranger as well as bench-crafting ele avoidance on the triple influenced chest for a total of 95% ele avoidance, which still leaves me with crappy degens on the ground until i can craft elevated boots for those.

If i went with the clusters, what would be the solution for E.Ailements? It's the main reason that i'm currently not specced into clusters for even more damaging goodies :(

Btw build looking great, i'm currently running these:
Spoiler

Currently in the process to acquire an Aug Phys harvestcraft to craft a +2 amulet :D
Testing out the free Pride for now - MIGHT be increasing the damage but not sure. Might remove it to put back the totems, they should be a lot more damage in any case.

Yea there's not that many ailment immunity options on the shadow side of the tree sadly.

Looking into this there's one new option that caught my attention, forbidden flame and flesh allocating pyromaniac would give shock and ignite immunity for a pretty low investment on the tree and only cost 2 ex at current prices it seems. This could be combined with freeze/chill immunity on flask, cannot be frozen on boots or brine king, might be some other options which i can't think of atm.

Then there's also an eater of worlds implicit that gives up to 32% ailment avoidance and exarch implicit for 50% chance to avoid being frozen at highest tiers both of which could be combined with 25% ailment avoidance bench crafted onto boots, keep in mind that one of these implicits would have to be t4 but even at that the eater one is 26% avoidance.

Also, that double influence ring is a pretty good idea and i don't know why i never thought about that after adding a despair on hit ring into the build. Been also thinking about trying out a watcher's eye with life gained on hit or damage leeched as life while affected by vitality since a lvl 1 vitality could easily fit into the build with the mana that's left unreserved.

Hopefully anything mentioned above can be of any use, thanks for the feedback.

Edit : Swapping out malevolence with purity of elements would be another option and give full elemental ailment immunity on its own.
Last edited by hackergooby on Feb 10, 2022, 5:41:27 AM
"
hackergooby wrote:
"
Drudsteel wrote:
Why did you swap from cruelty to efficacy on the BV 6L ? (PoB tells me it deals less damages)

It's kinda a trap since pob shows max cruelty stacks which can't really be achieved on bosses/lone mobs so you would be losing out on damage compared to efficacy in 1 on 1 situations where damage matters the most. And this extra dmg should not matter for packs of regular mobs since they get obliterated anyway. Efficacy also comes with skill duration which is nice.

Okay ty :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info