[3.19] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin | Early To Endgame

made this huge improvement thx for pointing it out. bought the other one for cheap and just stuck with it
Spoiler
"
TheGiratina wrote:

https://pastebin.com/knJnWEyv

So, playing this build to lvl 90, I did swap to the tanky variation about when you posted it as well.
This build did some minor trading with the currency I have found to get the items I needed, though getting the awakened and anomalous versions of gems would certainly increase my power a bit but just using normal versions (and selling some of the gems to make them 20 quality if they were not going to be replaced in the future. Also I accidentally fucked up making Wither 20% quality so I have to go back to lvling it again.)

I found that having to oil Utmost Might + Prowess in the tree in order to have enough strength to lvl 20 the red gems but it's definitely worth it, especially now I get to wield Sinvica's whicH 1000% help with clear speed. Even t14-15 map scourge I dont worry about much, blitzing past everything at the speed of light with 300% elusive and quicksilver with crit poison and Rampage stacks tearing through all the mobs.

Though like others have lamented, bossing is sort of a trouble part of this build. Leech and 24/7 potions are definitely a boon to this build but if it's you and the big bad boss, not many adds around to help refill potions to upkeep everything else. But even then I've killed my fair share. Keep the wither stacks up, the poison ticking and to always keep moving to not get killed by their slams or abilities. Spell suppression only goes so far.

Also Plague Bearer. Plague Bearer is very nice.

Edit: Also I'm also stuck in myself with not so much poison chance but also increasing crit chance. I keep plateau'd at 40% and I'm not sure how to increase it.

Yup the main struggle has always been bosses and while adding armour to the build definitely was an improvement for certain ones its still not that optimal in terms of bossing.

But even in it's current state it has slightly more dps compared to my 3.15 version which could kill bosses like sirus with practice and enough investment. There is room to even add some chaos res with circle of nostalgia out of the build to make the fight more forgiving.

As for improving your crit chance you could get a cold iron point with corrupt implicit "#% chance to gain power charge on critical strike" and hunter influenced body with spell crit to get around 60% crit. Anomalous cruelty support adds a slight amount of crit chance.

Could also try to play around in pob to see if you can get herald of agony back in at minimal dps loss for chance to poison, potential dps increase or room for a different anoint. Chance to poison should also be at 100% with coralito's not active and some of the methods of getting this would be anointing toxic strikes or herald of agony.
Last edited by hackergooby on Jan 28, 2022, 1:36:10 PM
"
hackergooby wrote:
Spoiler
"
TheGiratina wrote:

https://pastebin.com/knJnWEyv

So, playing this build to lvl 90, I did swap to the tanky variation about when you posted it as well.
This build did some minor trading with the currency I have found to get the items I needed, though getting the awakened and anomalous versions of gems would certainly increase my power a bit but just using normal versions (and selling some of the gems to make them 20 quality if they were not going to be replaced in the future. Also I accidentally fucked up making Wither 20% quality so I have to go back to lvling it again.)

I found that having to oil Utmost Might + Prowess in the tree in order to have enough strength to lvl 20 the red gems but it's definitely worth it, especially now I get to wield Sinvica's whicH 1000% help with clear speed. Even t14-15 map scourge I dont worry about much, blitzing past everything at the speed of light with 300% elusive and quicksilver with crit poison and Rampage stacks tearing through all the mobs.

Though like others have lamented, bossing is sort of a trouble part of this build. Leech and 24/7 potions are definitely a boon to this build but if it's you and the big bad boss, not many adds around to help refill potions to upkeep everything else. But even then I've killed my fair share. Keep the wither stacks up, the poison ticking and to always keep moving to not get killed by their slams or abilities. Spell suppression only goes so far.

Also Plague Bearer. Plague Bearer is very nice.

Edit: Also I'm also stuck in myself with not so much poison chance but also increasing crit chance. I keep plateau'd at 40% and I'm not sure how to increase it.

Yup the main struggle has always been bosses and while adding armour to the build definitely was an improvement for certain ones its still not that optimal in terms of bossing.

But even in it's current state it has slightly more dps compared to my 3.15 version which could kill bosses like sirus with practice and enough investment. There is room to even add some chaos res with circle of nostalgia out of the build to make the fight more forgiving.

As for improving your crit chance you could get a cold iron point with corrupt implicit "#% chance to gain power charge on critical strike" and hunter influenced body with spell crit to get around 60% crit. Anomalous cruelty support adds a slight amount of crit chance.

Could also try to play around in pob to see if you can get herald of agony back in at minimal dps loss for chance to poison, potential dps increase or room for a different anoint. Chance to poison should also be at 100% with coralito's not active and some of the methods of getting this would be anointing toxic strikes or herald of agony.

I realize I worded that weird lol. Without Colito's I sit at 90% chance to poison which in my mind is "good enough" for not anoiting Toxic Strikes to Utmost Might to get 150+ str. Me getting Crit chance, sitting at 40%, is what bothers me but I'll definitely look into nabbing that Corrupt Cold Iron Point.
Hi! Accidentally stumbled upon your assembly on YouTube

Since the time of the video on YouTube, the build has changed a lot and you have doubled your damage!

Since I'm a newbie, can you answer a couple of my rough questions? (I tried to find the answers in the notes in the pob or in the description of the build, but, unfortunately, I could not find it)

Is the final build version very expensive?
How much?

Is it worth considering a build for trips to the 30-wave simulacrum?
And if it can 30 waves, then from what budget could the build be able to cope with it?

P.S. I would like to immediately thank you for the build and for how reverently you are about your topic. I see that you are constantly answering and follow the topic. This is very nice <3
Spoiler
"
7Time7 wrote:

Since the time of the video on YouTube, the build has changed a lot and you have doubled your damage!

Since I'm a newbie, can you answer a couple of my rough questions? (I tried to find the answers in the notes in the pob or in the description of the build, but, unfortunately, I could not find it)

How much?

And if it can 30 waves, then from what budget could the build be able to cope with it?

P.S. I would like to immediately thank you for the build and for how reverently you are about your topic. I see that you are constantly answering and follow the topic. This is very nice <3

Kinda burnt out when i got to playing poison bv again this expansion since it was my 3rd character so i didn't get to testing out that many things with all the changes made since 3.15, so i am not sure about wave 30 sim but 20 was doable in 3.15. The damage is about the same and defenses from what i tried felt good if comparing to the 3.15 version.

As for cost of the build it really depends on how desired the uniques are at the moment and how deep into the current league it is. All the influence mods are easily targeted with fossils the main cost is really the awakener's orbs and exalts for bench crafting "prefixes cannot be changed" if deciding to go for a 3rd influence modifier. Crafting guide for these included in pob notes. Then there is room to slot in headhunter or mageblood which would bump up the price quite a lot if deciding to do that of course.
Last edited by hackergooby on Jan 28, 2022, 1:36:56 PM
Hi, I'd like to try blade vortex and stumble on this build of yours by chance, and everything is really interesting.
But I don't really like how the "shadow" character look&pose in the game.

Say, adapting this build into ranger or duelist class, do you think will it still work?
If so, which would be your recommend ascendency for those 2 class?

Anyway, thank you for your time and effort in the build :)
Will burning arrow ever get the cosmetic?
The only one left out of all starting skills.
Spoiler
"
hackergooby wrote:
"
7Time7 wrote:

How much?

Kinda burnt out when i got to playing poison bv again this expansion since it was my 3rd character so i didn't get to testing out that many things with all the changes made since 3.15, so i am not sure about wave 30 sim but 20 was doable in 3.15. The damage is about the same and defenses from what i tried felt good if comparing to the 3.15 version.

As for cost of the build it really depends on how desired the uniques are at the moment and how deep into the current league it is. All the influence mods are easily targeted with fossils the main cost is really the awakener's orbs and exalts for bench crafting "prefixes cannot be changed" if deciding to go for a 3rd influence modifier. Crafting guide for these included in pob notes. Then there is room to slot in headhunter or mageblood which would bump up the price quite a lot if deciding to do that of course.

Thank you very much, for your answer~
Is this a good build after Magma Orb/Ancient Totem? Maybe Ice Crash better?
BV just got %50 DMG buff, and some other unnecessary buffs like it is %60 DMG buff in total. Finally viable for league start?
"
canercetin wrote:
BV just got %50 DMG buff, and some other unnecessary buffs like it is %60 DMG buff in total. Finally viable for league start?
Depends on your definition of a league starter.

A build that can get going with low amounts of investment on day 1? then yes.

A build which can map fast or do content like heist with ease to fund other builds or itself? then once again yes.

But if you are looking to mainly kill bosses then you should look elsewhere cause at it's current state this is the main struggle for the build.

might go on bit of a rant here
3.16 changed a good amount of stuff like the tree and evasion rating and when i got around to updating the build i was on my 3rd character of the league, so i ended up quite burnt out when i got around to doing so and didn't really test a whole lot. hence why there is only one piece of gameplay from 3.16 with more up to date changes made to the build.

My plan for 3.17 is to league start this myself and try push it as far as possible and do more testing since i didn't get to that in 3.16.

If the build could be improved to at the very least kill the endgame bosses just for the voidstones that would be more than enough.

The new boss encounters did also all seem to come with adds which would help the build sustain during these.

Changes i have in mind are removing coralito's and/or blood rage to get health regen out of the negatives which could help sustain during boss fights but damage does take a hit along with adding some other sources of regen and maybe testing out life recoup.

The new exarch and eater implicits could also improve the build, just got to wait for a list of all available modifiers to be posted somewhere.

These should at the very least fit onto the boots since they don't have any special influence added to them. As for helm, gloves and body we will have to wait and see how powerful these new modifiers are if they are worth replacing current gear with.

+1 to level of skill gems being moved to normal amulet mod pool also kinda sucks since its less targetable now.

That's about all i can think of for now in terms of plans in 3.17
Last edited by hackergooby on Jan 28, 2022, 1:46:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info