Change Color of Currency

As others have said, currency is already a specific color that bots can pick up easily. Being able to customize it won't help them but it will help us. This DOES help me understand why wecan't have more specific color coding (i.e. color code 6Ls).

And I'm all for customizing the color of all of the drops. Personaly, I'd make uniques a bit more bold than the 'almost gold' color they are now. For that matter, I might make normal items more grey than white. I can tell a rare from a normal when they both are on the ground but when I haven't seen a gold in a while, for some reason I tend to start seeing some whites as 'goldish'. Thinking it's a mix of monitor glare, sleeplessness, and messed up mind.

There's a fraction of players who like consistency and predictability: killing boss X will yield item Y.

This game really isn't for people like that.

This game is for people who'll do the same area over and again because they know..., a Mirror can drop anywhere, anytime. - CharanJaydemyr
Resurrect!

I want this too.
Hackers already have this feature.
Why cant we benefit from that advantage also?

It's not like this would be hard to implement.
"
dbmbd wrote:
Resurrect!

I want this too.
Hackers already have this feature.
Why cant we benefit from that advantage also?

It's not like this would be hard to implement.

I think the real problem with the darker gold, is that on some monitors in some color setups, the greyed out yellow and the currency gold can approach the same color, which could leave currency camouflaged.

I'm all for being able to change these colors (customize), even if you just necro'd this tread. =) Borders or other options would also suffice.

The point about bots is pretty silly. Yes, changing colors could make it easier to write simpler bots, but thinking that people smart enough to write bots aren't smart enough to implement anything more complex than simple color matching is silly.
I've been modifying 3 RGB numbers in the game file to set my currency color to hot pink for the last 5 months I've been playing PoE.

After today's patch 1.2.4, I can no longer get it to work. I've tried it on several computers now and it's a no go.

I guess I've got what you could call a vision problem. I've had eye surgery on both eyes. I mostly play SRS/Minion builds because half the time I can't pick out the mobs from the backgrounds... I have trouble telling the difference between the white and currency items. I have an excellent monitor, 27" 2560x1440 Dell IPS. No amount of color tweaking on it is going to help... I've put $100 into this game and now it just became MUCH more difficult for me to play.

I don't bot or anything else. I play mostly by myself or with my kids. I almost never trade. I'm not messing up anyone else's experience.

Every other valuable item stands out fine, orange, yellow, blue, teal. Why the hell they set CURRENCY to a color that blends with most of the background AND is so close to the drab off-white useless junk I will NEVER understand.

PLEASE implement a way to change currency color or hire someone who is visually impaired to slap you in the head until you get a decent contrasting color set for currency.
Necro this as much as you like.

I really don't like how some greyed out yellows on some of my computers can look more like the tan of currency.

I'd give a simple check box that makes it a more colorful gold (add some red/orange?) for those whom need it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info