Absolution

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2023, 3:30:12 PM
This gem on its own differs in not summoning a sentinel per chance on hitting a unique enemy like for example Herald of Purity does. Many support gems work in a similar way.

Was this choice by design or simply overlooked?
Lvl 60, necro, minion focus.

Feedback 1:

This skill needs to have something other than just damage to scale with skill gem level.

There is no feeling of progression at all with the skill. Imagine if zombies didn't get more zombies. Or fireball not getting more radius and ignite chance.

Feedback 2:

I'd like to see the minion use my stats for the spell damage. Like how totems do it. That way I can scale both minion damage and my damage consistently, using the same methods for both.

PS: Dominating blow could also use this. OH - this could be the "theme" for sentinel minions. Them acting like temporary mobile turrets using your attack stats.
Tried it while leveling my last summoner (a few days ago), liked everything about the gem except one thing... lightning damage conversion. Note that I also don't quite see this minion as a possible stand alone minion (like Zombies and Spectres can be) due to their numbers and AI.

The conversion (and affinity for minion-AoE scaling) makes it VERY tricky to team them up with any other minions.

1. Zombies & Skellys = Makes a 4Blue Triad gloves a must have.

2. Spectre = No good lightning spectres for endgame (super subjective ofc, but I'm not playing with squishy Drivers or slow Ball lightning spectres).

3. Skulls & Dom Blow = Not possible without adding spell totem to the mix.

4. Animate Weapon, Golems = I'm not to familiar with, but I feel like you would have to much casting going on with Animate Weapon + Absolution.

5. Herald of Purity = The only gem I sorta see them working with... but again you will probably be forced to run 4Blue Triad Gloves to take full effect of both minions.

The easy fix I see for this:
Make Absolution minion do pure phys damage. Opens up other Triad gloves option as well as being able to just keep them physical for curse reasons and such.

Dream solution:
Make it possible to recolor skill gem (starts as colorless for phys), which converts all their damage (or 50% to stack with a conversion support) to element according to color, red/fire, blue/lightning, green/cold.
Last edited by Isobel on Aug 6, 2021, 4:54:05 AM
Just found out that Sentinel has a 6 second cooldown skill. I honestly cannot tell what it is.

Can you please change Sentinel's lightning spell skill skin? Everything looks the same! My spell and their spell all look the same.

I read that the 6 second cooldown skill called Empowered does less damage than Sentinel's regular spell? Why is that?

I also see that Sentinel of Absolution has a melee attack. Why? I would much rather if Sentinel has three spells and 2 of them are on cooldown like the Golems. At the very least, please change Sentinel's spells look.

One idea is to have Sentinel cast a Lighting Storm type of skill where the lightning blast hits randomly in a Target Area for a few seconds. This change will give the skill gem a sense of progression if we decide to take Cooldown Reduction passives.
You really need to give Absolution Sentinel 2 spells.

One of them could be like Fist of Heaven from Diablo 2. Lightning Blast with bolts coming out. Please make Sentinels better.
For reference, I usually play DB as main with Holy Relic and have tried Absolution as main this league with HoP. The secondary minions are mostly there to proc feeding frenzy and I fill the rest of my sockets with utility spells and a mix of auras.

Suggestion 1 (“Ramp”): When a magic enemy is killed while debuffed, the player receives a stacking buff (max 3) for a short duration that increases Absolution’s AoE. In the case of a rare enemy, the player receives a buff (max 1) for a short duration that increases Absolution’s cast speed. These buffs do not affect the minions' AoE or cast speed.

Suggestion 2 (Bossing): Absolution spells cast by the player and the minions deal X% increased damage against unique enemies (increases per gem level).

Suggestion 3 (Utility): Enemies hit by the empowered Absolution spell cast by minions have -X% to lightning resistance. The empowered Absolution spell has increased radius, but deals less damage as a trade-off.

For full context, please see this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/pji5cc/skill_comparison_and_feedback_absolution/
My views on Absolution so far

Kiaora.

I thought I'd share my experience on this skill gem as feedback from an anecdotal standpoint. I'm currently 78 in mid maps with 3/4 Ascendency. I have a lot of currency that I've thrown/can throw at this build so I will be chopping and changing to see if I can improve upon it.

What I'm doing
I've adapted a Guardian build that focuses on minion damage and strong defenses. In my links I have converted 100% Physical to Lightning with Spell Echo (plus other minion multipliers). I'm running Herald of Purity to gain the buffs from Guardian ascendency as well as increase the physical aspect of Absolution.

My thoughts so far
I feel as though this is a very confused skill. Is it a spell or minion skill? It is DEFINITELY NOT both.

I could focus on boosting the spell damage but that seems to do nothing for the minions, in which case, why use it when there's better spells out there? I focused on minion damage as that seems to be the meat of the spell (three sentinels casting it as opposed to just me) but then you have to attempt to kill something with a skill that has no enhancements to summon the sentinels. It didn't feel nice until I could equip The Scourge to take the edge off.

In maps, it feels really good on bosses... but... and it's a big but... it only feels really good when you have all three sentinels up. Most of the time, they're not up.

This brings me to the next point: Big Bosses. To be able to take bosses down, you need the damage. You can focus on bringing the damage up to par but then you have squishy minions. When your squishy minions die quickly, you need to get them back by standing still and casting. Sadly, they will die quicker than they spawn as you have to move a lot on bosses. Many times now on map bosses, I've had my four Herald of Purity Sentinels with no Absolution Sentinels. I've attempted to counter this with Spell Echo but it doesn't seem to do too much. I was considering Spell Cascade or just Faster Casting but we'll see.

In terms of clear, meh. It's AoE is EXTREMELY lackluster and isn't an ability that can chain so there's not much to write home about here. Many melee skills have bigger AoE radii and I think Melee Splash even gives more AoE than what the Sentinels have WITH Guardian Ascendency nodes but don't quote me on that. I'm considering Asenath's for clear. Once again, boosting the AoE radius (it would take a lot) to an acceptable radius would sacrifice the much needed damage.

My thoughts on improvements so far
Make it a Herald skill. Herald of Absolution could fill that spell damage hole for Heralds. It needs a lot of improvement to make it viable against other skills out there but would operate really nicely as a Herald.

If that's out of the question...

A boost to one of these needs to be picked. More damage, more health, more constant/longer uptime. Attempting to juggle two of these, let alone all three of these to a viable level is, from what I can tell, impossible without sacrificing a lot. At which point, why bother when there's a lot better out there. Pick one and boost it giving us the option to enhance one of the other two. It would feel so much nicer but would still mean we have to decide which path to go down.

The AoE needs help regardless of the above. It's an unacceptably small AoE radius.

In closing!
I will continue my Absolution journey! Shouldn't be long before I'm kitted out skill gem wise (82 for max awakened). I will report back with more experience based feedback once I've tackled the trickier content.

Haere ra.

Spoiler
"
VikingJebus wrote:
My views on Absolution so far

Kiaora.

I thought I'd share my experience on this skill gem as feedback from an anecdotal standpoint. I'm currently 78 in mid maps with 3/4 Ascendency. I have a lot of currency that I've thrown/can throw at this build so I will be chopping and changing to see if I can improve upon it.

What I'm doing
I've adapted a Guardian build that focuses on minion damage and strong defenses. In my links I have converted 100% Physical to Lightning with Spell Echo (plus other minion multipliers). I'm running Herald of Purity to gain the buffs from Guardian ascendency as well as increase the physical aspect of Absolution.

My thoughts so far
I feel as though this is a very confused skill. Is it a spell or minion skill? It is DEFINITELY NOT both.

I could focus on boosting the spell damage but that seems to do nothing for the minions, in which case, why use it when there's better spells out there? I focused on minion damage as that seems to be the meat of the spell (three sentinels casting it as opposed to just me) but then you have to attempt to kill something with a skill that has no enhancements to summon the sentinels. It didn't feel nice until I could equip The Scourge to take the edge off.

In maps, it feels really good on bosses... but... and it's a big but... it only feels really good when you have all three sentinels up. Most of the time, they're not up.

This brings me to the next point: Big Bosses. To be able to take bosses down, you need the damage. You can focus on bringing the damage up to par but then you have squishy minions. When your squishy minions die quickly, you need to get them back by standing still and casting. Sadly, they will die quicker than they spawn as you have to move a lot on bosses. Many times now on map bosses, I've had my four Herald of Purity Sentinels with no Absolution Sentinels. I've attempted to counter this with Spell Echo but it doesn't seem to do too much. I was considering Spell Cascade or just Faster Casting but we'll see.

In terms of clear, meh. It's AoE is EXTREMELY lackluster and isn't an ability that can chain so there's not much to write home about here. Many melee skills have bigger AoE radii and I think Melee Splash even gives more AoE than what the Sentinels have WITH Guardian Ascendency nodes but don't quote me on that. I'm considering Asenath's for clear. Once again, boosting the AoE radius (it would take a lot) to an acceptable radius would sacrifice the much needed damage.

My thoughts on improvements so far
Make it a Herald skill. Herald of Absolution could fill that spell damage hole for Heralds. It needs a lot of improvement to make it viable against other skills out there but would operate really nicely as a Herald.

If that's out of the question...

A boost to one of these needs to be picked. More damage, more health, more constant/longer uptime. Attempting to juggle two of these, let alone all three of these to a viable level is, from what I can tell, impossible without sacrificing a lot. At which point, why bother when there's a lot better out there. Pick one and boost it giving us the option to enhance one of the other two. It would feel so much nicer but would still mean we have to decide which path to go down.

The AoE needs help regardless of the above. It's an unacceptably small AoE radius.

In closing!
I will continue my Absolution journey! Shouldn't be long before I'm kitted out skill gem wise (82 for max awakened). I will report back with more experience based feedback once I've tackled the trickier content.

Haere ra.

Any updates on the gem? Was thinking of it as a league start for 3.16 with an added soul link for party play.
Isn't any good on it's own as a main skill for mapping/bossing ?
Theorethically the aoe has been increased. But in practice only the player aoe increased, and the minions aoe stayed the same. This was really dissapointing, since I leaguestarted this last league, as my first minion build, and had to switch to skeletons, since it was shit. Now I leaguestarted it again, because I love the idea of it, just to find out that the changes weren't properly applied.
I really hope GGG fixes this, as I hoped it would have been done day one, but as nobody plays it, looks like I'm stuck having to drop it. I love the game in general, but this skill has been a showing of incompetence, non-stop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info