I made a map! (updated 4/3/12 - 0.9.8)

NEW WEB VERSION WITH TOOLTIPS
Check out the new version here

OLD IMAGE FORMAT VERSION
http://i.imgur.com/beMH3.png LAST UPDATED 12/25/11 courtesy of Grytswyrm

IN THIS CURRENT (web) VERSION--
-0.9.8ish
-Area flowchart with hovers for each area showing tooltips of area features, NPCs/Mobs, map notes, quests, and monster levels.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED--
-Maelstrom of Chaos

I have created a web map with hoverable tooltips displaying what is in the map. The reason I decided to try this was to get more relevant information in regards to what to expect for each area, as well as having a static link for the map so you can bookmark it. However, I don't have a huge amount of bandwidth I can use, so I am open to alternate suggestions for hosting it on a fansite (I'm not sure if there are any good ones out there).

There are a few Drawbacks:
-Haven't found a good way to include pictures of chests, quests, and waypoints on the area blocks. Every way I tried has failed, but I am looking for better ways to make this as a whole.
-Browser compatability. So far this seems to work fine in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. I would assume Safari as well. IE8 and below have several issues, so I would advise NOT USING INTERNET EXPLORER AT ALL just in case.

Click the (i) in the upper right hand corner to get the map information and tooltip legend.

Let me know any feedback you have on it and I'll be sure to update it when I can. Sorry it isn't very pretty lol.

If you have any trouble completing any quests, please look at KrapnoV's Full quest guide here.
Last edited by DemonicGoblin on Apr 3, 2012, 4:49:21 PM
My god I needed this!!!
Thank you!
Haha welcome! Let me know if you find something wrong with it in your travels!
nice map. one thing is missing

pools and streams --> dread thicket
Map and link Updated, thanks for the info. I am not sure I had ever been there.
Last edited by DemonicGoblin on Aug 16, 2011, 3:23:56 PM
dread thicket is perfect for aoe grinding.
one of my favorite areas.
Well done mate!
Level 98 Cyclone Shockwave Slayer
Very good, there is definitely a need for a map like this.

*edit: You could add which areas have waypoints, and quests! :)
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems
Last edited by Joel_GGG on Aug 16, 2011, 6:31:33 PM
Awesome, but i would also indicate which acts each area belongs to. Like an Act 1 box around all the act 1 areas etc.
Seems act 1 is in dire need of some side areas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info