[3.19] ⚛️ Qosmoz's ❄️ Eye of Winter Mines Saboteur ❄️ League Start to Uber Bossing!

"
napytel wrote:
hi, thanks for the guide
now few of my points, for people who actually need the guide, id probably put there all the necessary stuff, like get hatred and put in in free socket or in offhand, same for frost bomb etc, i went to act 4 part, saw link flame dash + arcane surge 6 + frost bomb and im like what? where do i get frost bomb, and had to google, but for me its ok, my memory suck so hard that i will always have to google stuff :D
now to the eye of winter, i dont know why, but sometimes its like im obliterating stuff, sometimes i feel like im not doing any dmg, is there a chance that the projectiles can be evaded or something? another thing, without snakepit the clear doesnt feel good against bigger groups and ive heard snakepit is now t1 uniq, so its gonna be rare and probably expensive, tried gc, but that felt weaker... was only around lvl 45, but decided to respec to phys traps, maybe ill try the build later with snakepit...

thanks for the feedback. Did you check the leveling guide, i'll add these additional information into the guides. Starting gems and what to pick from quests are already in as well as what to buy from who in early acts. Later every gem become available from Siosa, I havent felt the need to add them but maybe it'll be helpful for people.

i think what you might be noticing the elemental resist mobs. If that's a big issue for you, you can use cold pen gem.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
Whats the first few things i should be buying to transition into LL?

absolutely must have are 2 uniques; Shavronne (at least 5 link but since Scourge make it very easy to 6-link better to have 6-link) and Prism Guardian. Yesterday, I've converted just having these 2 and i am having much better time than playing life version.

Unfortunately, not having phase acrobatics hurt leveling and early mapping more difficult due to no defensive options left. However, inserting Grace on Prism Guardian shield with Hatred and Zealotry enables 75% evade chance. I have about 4.5k ES now and I feel already much better in terms mapping T13+
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Ye life version feels very scuffed even with the new defences, also hard to scale damage w/o auras and ll if using grace.
"
knehtq wrote:
Ye life version feels very scuffed even with the new defences, also hard to scale damage w/o auras and ll if using grace.

I agree, i was feeling constantly under danger and stressed while playing before conversion.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Hi, I just switched over to the LL version in league, absolutely loving the build. Probably one of the best boss killers I've ever played. My one issue is getting dex so I just grabbed a node on the tree. Important note is don't use ghost dance until you have a high level grace.
Last edited by DigitalXenon on Oct 26, 2021, 3:57:10 AM
dpes inspiration not effect mines so should not use right ?
"
honor4few92 wrote:
dpes inspiration not effect mines so should not use right ?

why not? is there something change that i did miss? It effects both the mana reservation and also ins. charges.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
DigitalXenon wrote:
Hi, I just switched over to the LL version in league, absolutely loving the build. Probably one of the best boss killers I've ever played. My one issue is getting dex so I just grabbed a node on the tree. Important note is don't use ghost dance until you have a high level grace.

so nice to hear that you are enjoying. I also enjoy it even more than the last league.

If you have any questions hit me in game (i saw that you've added me in the friend list)
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Hey, Qosmoz!
Thanks for your builds. I play miners last 3 leagues and mostly enjoy it.

1. What do you think about large cold damage cluster for the build?
Sadist cluster node looks pretty good. Blizzard caller and blanketed snow are also could be good addition. I know that in LL version of the build you probably just dont have enough skill points for clusters, but how they are comparing to default nodes from the tree?

2. What's your opinion about using Hydrosphere instead of Frost Bomb or with it in Brand setup. What is the benefits of each of the skills for our dmg?

Also I noticed that PathOfMatth do very similar builds every league. Does he copy you?
Last edited by Netherlandman on Oct 27, 2021, 10:04:11 AM
I league started this and here's a quick writeup on my experience so far:

- Leveling was very very smooth. I switched to EoW on level 28 and it went really well. I was identifying every wand that dropped for +1 cold and got a shield + wand before maps which helped a ton for damage

- Early maps were also great. Things started to slow down when I started killing conquerors. I was still on a 4 link at that time so damage was so so. I bought a tabula, put in the suggested gems, and damage did not improve significantly enough. I was also watching Path of Matth's walkthrough at the time and he was using Increased Critical Strike Chance and Cold Penetration. After switching to those two, I noticed a significant increase in freeze and better average dps due to penetration for those elemental/cold resistant mobs (those damn Veritania spire things...)

- Once you hit maps, keep a few wands in your stash because if you get harvests you can try to make better +1 cold wands with reforge cold/caster

- Upon entering red maps it became apparent that life would not cut it. Either you play super slow to avoid getting mobbed, or you stack damage so you can offscreen everything. PoM is taking the second approach. The first one is not something I enjoye doing, and the second one is unforgiving. I tried, but I still died too much to my linking. I decided to switch to low life

- Getting the Shavs was fairly easy. I bought one with 6 sockets, 5 linked it, got the right colors and scourged it. The mods I got were fine so I used a single tainted orb of fusing and got the 6 link

- To boost damage, you really need the crown. However, it puts a ton of pressure on attributes and resistances. I think that not enough emphasis is put on this on the guide because it is a real concern. We don't have enough jewel slots to compensate and using a crystal belt also removes the abyssal jewel. You probably want to PoB this before transitioning because things only get worse with Presence of Chayula

- Things are super smooth now in T16s, but good positioning is really key. I will start looking at min/maxing things now because that's what I enjoy doing on a build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info