[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

"
Deridjian wrote:
I found out about this build way late into Expedition and still had massive fun with it with relatively fair investment. It was fun while it lasted :C
Would be awesome if somebody found ways to adjust this build to 3.16 later on.

Going to do self-cast occultist version in Standard, hopefully the passive tree changes don't screw everything over TOO badly.

I now have no idea what my starter is going to be. SST ___, I guess? Or the new flask skills, those could be decent.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
darciaz wrote:
"
Deridjian wrote:
I found out about this build way late into Expedition and still had massive fun with it with relatively fair investment. It was fun while it lasted :C
Would be awesome if somebody found ways to adjust this build to 3.16 later on.

Going to do self-cast occultist version in Standard, hopefully the passive tree changes don't screw everything over TOO badly.

I now have no idea what my starter is going to be. SST ___, I guess? Or the new flask skills, those could be decent.

I was going to do cold SST but the damage on that got nerf’d too
"
loloppe wrote:
I skimmed through the patch notes and I cannot recommend FR Totem in 3.16.

Yes, it's still viable.
Yes, it will still do decent damage.

The issue is how much QoL we just lost. The totems are gonna die extremely fast now, you will have to recast them at all time. There's no way to fix that now.

TLDR:

We lost the 45% less damage taken that the spell totem had at base (impossible to get back).
The totem cluster got nerfed hard.
Base totem life got nerfed.
Soul mantle totem life got nerfed.

We lose a big chunk of damage on the life scaling side (from the nodes nerf), but we do gain back some of it from the buff of Awakened Void Manipulation (+1 chaos) and possibly from the new tree.

For that reason, you definitely don't want to use Zerphi's Heart anymore.
Stacking clusters will be less viable compared to just getting stuff in tree.
Definitely need 3 Ancestral Preservation no matter what now, to get at least 75% chaos resistance on totem. (That suck big time, I rather just use one large cluster if possible. Voices might be a good alternative).

I calculated the DPS lost with my build in Expedition.

Before: 23,851,361
After: 12,331,452

The DPS is pretty much halved now. With those numbers, going back to Freezing Pulse would probably be better. (Or Elemental Hit totem, etc.)

The totem clusters from Scion got moved to top-left, so we can grab that now. This bring back the DPS to close to 14m (if it's not nerfed). Also the mastery might be pretty good.
Last edited by loloppe on Oct 14, 2021, 7:13:25 PM
Don’t the totems basically die after one projectile? They take 400% increased damage and have a huge less life nerf, too
"
loloppe wrote:
"
loloppe wrote:

Yes, it's still viable.
Yes, it will still do decent damage.

The issue is how much QoL we just lost. The totems are gonna die extremely fast now, you will have to recast them at all time. There's no way to fix that now.

TLDR:

We lost the 45% less damage taken that the spell totem had at base (impossible to get back).
The totem cluster got nerfed hard.
Base totem life got nerfed.
Soul mantle totem life got nerfed.

We lose a big chunk of damage on the life scaling side (from the nodes nerf), but we do gain back some of it from the buff of Awakened Void Manipulation (+1 chaos) and possibly from the new tree.

For that reason, you definitely don't want to use Zerphi's Heart anymore.
Stacking clusters will be less viable compared to just getting stuff in tree.
Definitely need 3 Ancestral Preservation no matter what now, to get at least 75% chaos resistance on totem. (That suck big time, I rather just use one large cluster if possible. Voices might be a good alternative).

I calculated the DPS lost with my build in Expedition.

Before: 23,851,361
After: 12,331,452

The DPS is pretty much halved now. With those numbers, going back to Freezing Pulse would probably be better. (Or Elemental Hit totem, etc.)

The totem clusters from Scion got moved to top-left, so we can grab that now. This bring back the DPS to close to 14m (if it's not nerfed). Also the mastery might be pretty good.

Is that ele hit spell totems or the ballista type?
"
loloppe wrote:

Any easy way to switch to cast on crit or self cast instead of totems?
Last edited by sadyc on Oct 16, 2021, 12:22:06 PM
"

Forbidden Rite is a Spell, so Spell Totem. If you're talking about Elemental Hit, it is a Ballista Totem.

"
sadyc wrote:
"
loloppe wrote:

I got no idea, I only play totem build.

I updated the build for 3.16, only had to switch Hypothermia for something else. Switch Zerphi's Heart for a generic rare amulet. Remake the skill tree and add a new cluster. Everything else is still pretty much the same I think.

I'm probably gonna play Ball Lightning Totem in 3.16. It got a nice overall buff with the new tree and do decent damage (20m Sirus Dps) on pretty much the same budget as the current FR Totem build. Pretty sad.
Last edited by loloppe on Oct 18, 2021, 9:30:27 PM
"
loloppe wrote:
"

Forbidden Rite is a Spell, so Spell Totem. If you're talking about Elemental Hit, it is a Ballista Totem.

"
sadyc wrote:
"
loloppe wrote:

I got no idea, I only play totem build.

I updated the build for 3.16, only had to switch Hypothermia for something else. Switch Zerphi's Heart for a generic rare amulet. Remake the skill tree and add a new cluster. Everything else is still pretty much the same I think.

I'm probably gonna play Ball Lightning Totem in 3.16. It got a nice overall buff with the new tree and do decent damage (20m Sirus Dps) on pretty much the same budget as the current FR Totem build. Pretty sad.

can do you share your pob bl totem ?
"
DEOXYSQ wrote:

can do you share your pob bl totem ?

Just something I made up quickly: https://pastebin.com/0BciPWWt

Mostly endgame gears, but nothing too crazy/expensive to get. Worse items still reach 10-15m on Sirus easily.

This use -45% less projectile speed and 80% AoE to reach the hit cap on Ball Lightning (which is 13 according to an Excel spreadsheet? I'm not really sure if there's really a cap). It would also be possible to either anoint Adjacent Animosity, or get knockback on hit, to remove some AoE nodes or some other stuff, etc.

To calculate real DPS, grab Full DPS and multiply by 13.

Also this doesn't take into account culling, which is an extra 10% multiplier.

A good +1 totem shield would probably be even more DPS.

This currently have around 5k life, 3k mana, 2.5k ES (or 1.5k if you don't use Glorious Vanity). 2k from Steelskin. Gotta cap res on gears and maybe get some chaos res too. Overall, not bad EHP-wise.

Edit: Played with the PoB a bit, switched from Conviction of Power to Sanctuary of Thought, to get an Elegant Hubris in a better spot with some nice nodes.
Last edited by loloppe on Oct 19, 2021, 2:25:49 PM
I've updated the PoB again. I forgot that totem still have 20% base chaos resistance, which mean that 2 medium totem clusters with Ancestral Preservation is still good enough (no need for 3). The totem will have 70% chaos resistance and will be able to shoot 9 time before dying in theory. But our ascendancy give us 6% life regeneration on totem per second, which bring the number of time they can shoot to 12.

With around 1.5 cast speed and decent DPS scaling, we can reach around 14.5m Sirus DPS. (I added "60% Less Totem Life" to Soul Mantle to simulate the new totem life). This mean that you have to recast the totem after 12 shot, every 8-ish seconds. This is pretty easy with the amount of totem placement speed that we have. We can place all 4 totems + 2 wither totem in a second.

By removing the third cluster, I got back most of the life + mana that was missing. The PoB (https://pastebin.com/yCBtAuSm) is back at 4.5k life, 3k mana and 1k es with a level 21 + 2 Steelskin for an extra 3k. Decent EHP for a totem build, but nothing really fancy. This is pretty much the same as 3.15.

Totem are way more tanky now, they take less damage from enemy and get physical and elemental resistances from the tree now. Well, that doesn't really matter to us but we do get taunt on totem placement, so maybe? The taunt is a free 10% less damage taken for us. We also get some extra totem placement range, which is pretty sweet.

Main difference between 3.15 and 3.16 is the lost of DPS (around 50%) and the lost of clear speed (less cast speed, no more Soul Eater, etc.) The clear was already not that great anyway. I'm not sure if it will be felt, most pack died after a few shot of a totem anyway. For bossing, this is still plenty of DPS for most content, but I wouldn't consider using this for the new Uber stuff without proper testing.

Panicked Life Flask + new Mastery almost give us 100% of our life back in one use. New Mana Mastery give back 10% mana when Guard Skill proc + instant mana flask to get most of the mana back. Another decent buff.

Could also run level 21 Vitality with the 50% Efficacity from the Mastery, but I'm not sure if that aura work on totem and it's probably just overkill to do so.

Tldr: Build is alive and still doing decent. Just lost 50% dps and some clear speed.
Last edited by loloppe on Oct 21, 2021, 1:04:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info