[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

"
"
Tyrnet wrote:
Good Morning to everyone !

I just switched to this build, and doing quite good on red maps so far, but i still lack survability.
I'm maxed res, and -27% chaos res, but got a ametysth flask.

After re-readingthe guide, i know i miss a lot of things (enchant, better yellow item....) I know i have a really low pool life (3k) and i'm working on it, but is it really the only problems or did i miss something big ?

your character are hidden....

Whoops sry my bad !
Here my PoB https://pastebin.com/HHXx9SKU
"
Tyrnet wrote:
"
"
Tyrnet wrote:
Good Morning to everyone !

I just switched to this build, and doing quite good on red maps so far, but i still lack survability.
I'm maxed res, and -27% chaos res, but got a ametysth flask.

After re-readingthe guide, i know i miss a lot of things (enchant, better yellow item....) I know i have a really low pool life (3k) and i'm working on it, but is it really the only problems or did i miss something big ?

your character are hidden....

Whoops sry my bad !
Here my PoB https://pastebin.com/HHXx9SKU

looks good to me. if you feel squishy you could drop the second weapon for a shield with +1 totem/spellblock/ recover mana when you block/
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Sep 8, 2021, 9:13:05 PM
HEllo my good friend..

Why do you say that:

"We want two Ancestral Preservation to reach maximum Chaos Resistance % on our totem (only matter because of Soul Eater)"

why only matter because of soul eater.. can you please please explain ?
Forbidden Rite causes chaos damage to the caster on each cast.

Since your totems are casting for you, they instead need the chaos resist as provided by Ancestral Preservation.

Soul Eater, provided by Zerphi's Heart (amulet), increases cast speed (of your totems) by 5% per stack, which can quickly deplete their life. The chaos resist from Ancestral Preservation mitigates this.

Soul Eater wiki:
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Soul_Eater

Side note: I'm a bit lost on my next wand purchase. There's one guy controlling the reseller market for 400+ sum wands and bumping them up to 15 EX+ each, so as a mostly newb it's a bit out of my range. But I've stuck with this build the whole league and it's really fun.
Why hypothermia support over Volley? My DPS jumps up to 450-500k total dps when switching to volley
Hey so I really enjoy Zerphi's Heart. Soul Eater is just a ton of fun in maps.

Using Hypothermia to freeze is a neat bonus too.

Doesn't it also shock enemies and boost our DPS even more too?

In the OP's POB he has "Enemy is shocked" checked, but no value in the "Effect of shock" field that is under it so DPS is not impacted. He also does not mention that aspect of it in his post. Am I wrong in thinking shock is a non-trivial DPS boost here? What kind of value should we input for it if so?

In my case, if I max it at 50 I gain an extra 3 million DPS on my 16 million base. In OP's case, it goes from 26M to 32M.
Last edited by Geoffrois on Sep 12, 2021, 9:12:34 PM
"
Geoffrois wrote:
Hey so I really enjoy Zerphi's Heart. Soul Eater is just a ton of fun in maps.

Using Hypothermia to freeze is a neat bonus too.

Doesn't it also shock enemies and boost our DPS even more too?

In the OP's POB he has "Enemy is shocked" checked, but no value in the "Effect of shock" field that is under it so DPS is not impacted. He also does not mention that aspect of it in his post. Am I wrong in thinking shock is a non-trivial DPS boost here? What kind of value should we input for it if so?

In my case, if I max it at 50 I gain an extra 3 million DPS on my 16 million base. In OP's case, it goes from 26M to 32M.
Shock is complicated, because it depends on the target's life.

So take Shaper, for instance. IIRC, he has 40 million health. What matters here is your average hit for a single projectile - I'm sitting right at 750k, that's about 1.8%, and you get 1% shock effect for every 0.2%, so that value should be 9%.

There's virtually no way you'll attain the max 50% shock, your average hit would need to be 4 million.

Keep in mind, you need to set POB to 1 projectile for this calculation, shock only uses the highest value, discarding the rest.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Sep 15, 2021, 4:23:14 AM
So I've been playing this off and on this league, switching between it and my other 2 builds. Recently though, I've started playing this a lot more than the others, and I have to say, I've been really pleased with it.

It scales very well with currency, and the next upgrade always seems to be just in reach. With that said, it was still super cheap to start. I ran without the expensive bits (Coward's Legacy, Asenath's Touch, helmet enchant) until very recently, and it was still capable in nearly all content. Had some problems with one of the new Expedition bosses (Uhtred, I think) but that's about it.

I've used this on Maven, The Twisted, The Formed, Shaper, Elder, all the guardians, delve bosses, every map including all the uniques in the atlas, Catarina, several Maven invitations with 10 bosses, Uber Atziri, Sirus at awakening 9... and probably several other things I've forgotten to mention.

I haven't done Uber Elder or Cortex. (Yet!)

It's on the fast end of the scale when it comes to mapping. No, it's not a HH 5-way rotation carry build - but it doesn't cost 500ex to get up and running, either. And it still packs enough power to drop most bosses without much effort.

My gear if anyone is interested - not far off the suggested gear, so not that exciting:
Spoiler

No bottled faith, and no watcher's eye, at least not yet.

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Sep 20, 2021, 8:09:03 PM
It's a nice build to me!
But I don't know how to improve my char,
I could use some advice.:-D

and here is my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/bGQ0HjXu
BTW if you use zerphi, you can get easy corpse removal. Fire medium cluster with Cremator and other one that adds fire prolif

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info