[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
Hiwashi wrote:
Has anyone successfully killed Maven with this build?

Tried the fight 2 times, the first one completely blind so of course it ended in disaster. The second time I watched a video to understand the mechanics of the fight and managed to get to the last phase but I had a hard time with damage uptime while dealing with the mechanics so last phase ~55% was the best I could do.

My PoB Sirus DPS is 3.95m, however it's a lot harder to keep buffs/debuffs when I get to hit her, it's probably 2.5m DPS at best and not for a long time.

It's definitely possible to kill her considering how far I got while being completely inexperienced, but I feel like I'll need more damage and other adjustments ( like not using Hemo gloves ;D ) to make this fight smoother.

It shouldn't be too difficult to kill her after learning the fight, since most of the endgame bosses and such in PoE are mechanics-based fights (apart from invitations like The Feared, for example). I haven't gotten to Maven yet myself, but when I do get there I will have a video. I can't give an estimate unfortunately, as I'm a bit burned out on the patch atm so i'm playing the game sparingly.
For super endgame survivability between the ranges of:

71-79% block/spell block; 5.5k-6.5k life, -20 chaos res to positive 40 chaos res and possibly annointing cleansed thoughts to double that;

which is number 1, 2, and 3 priority?
"
UchihaVegeta wrote:

71-79% block/spell block; 5.5k-6.5k life, -20 chaos res to positive 40 chaos res and possibly annointing cleansed thoughts to double that;

5k life > block > 5.5-6k life > chaos res (at least 0%)
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"
UchihaVegeta wrote:

Thanks, I PoB-ed the following quote's idea with a 188% spell damage wand and wandslinger anointment, and sadly, dps dropped from 4m to 2.5m. Is this because spell damage doesn't apply to impale but global phys/ias on prismatic eclypse does?

Spoiler
"
jorhma wrote:
Hi all- this is my first time majorly deviating from a build and I'm loving it. I loved this build before I made tweaks and I'm loving it even more now. My tooltip DPS is higher before and now I inflict two curses on tempest shield block. Please be kind and any suggestions would be highly appreciated. For my amulet, I anointed Wandslinger to allow for % spell damage to increase my phys damage. My belt is a little barebones currently but I have capped resistances and it's expensive to get much more than I have now. I believe the best part about switching to this is that nobody really wants silk gloves with attack speed and flat phys so they were pretty cheap. Getting spiked gloves with spell damage and flat phys explicit would be better but that gets very pricey very fast. The wand also was not very expensive considering we don't need or want crit rolls which most wand users would kill for. The biggest issue I had with this was finding ways to get the int and dex required, but having a wand with t1 int helps a lot. Sometimes I'll take off something to do some tweaking and I'll have to pop out a gem or throw on carnage heart so I can get the stats to throw everything back on but that isn't often enough to be a big annoyance. INCLUDING the cost of the chest and 6-linking it, I believe I'm around 6ex total investment. About 2 of that is for the shield.

Spoiler

"
UchihaVegeta wrote:
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"
UchihaVegeta wrote:

Thanks, I PoB-ed the following quote's idea with a 188% spell damage wand and wandslinger anointment, and sadly, dps dropped from 4m to 2.5m. Is this because spell damage doesn't apply to impale but global phys/ias on prismatic eclypse does?

Spoiler
"
jorhma wrote:
Hi all- this is my first time majorly deviating from a build and I'm loving it. I loved this build before I made tweaks and I'm loving it even more now. My tooltip DPS is higher before and now I inflict two curses on tempest shield block. Please be kind and any suggestions would be highly appreciated. For my amulet, I anointed Wandslinger to allow for % spell damage to increase my phys damage. My belt is a little barebones currently but I have capped resistances and it's expensive to get much more than I have now. I believe the best part about switching to this is that nobody really wants silk gloves with attack speed and flat phys so they were pretty cheap. Getting spiked gloves with spell damage and flat phys explicit would be better but that gets very pricey very fast. The wand also was not very expensive considering we don't need or want crit rolls which most wand users would kill for. The biggest issue I had with this was finding ways to get the int and dex required, but having a wand with t1 int helps a lot. Sometimes I'll take off something to do some tweaking and I'll have to pop out a gem or throw on carnage heart so I can get the stats to throw everything back on but that isn't often enough to be a big annoyance. INCLUDING the cost of the chest and 6-linking it, I believe I'm around 6ex total investment. About 2 of that is for the shield.

Spoiler

Yes I did few tests and found out that if you use a wand you cannot summon Ancestral Totems.
So the use of a wand seems impossible because the totems increase your dps by more or less 40%.

If you make the calculations without Totems, a wand will be better than Prismatic Eclipse + Ambidexterity only if it has the Intimidate on hit mod and you don't have other way to intimidate.
Last edited by Gromhouleux on Aug 21, 2021, 5:11:57 AM
hey guys for my shield i have vulnerability and cwdt and i think molten strike cost alot of mana and i kinda want to remove it

can you guys suggest any gems i can put in or solution on the mana problem side

thank you guys
"
FostyCaramel wrote:
hey guys for my shield i have vulnerability and cwdt and i think molten strike cost alot of mana and i kinda want to remove it

thank you guys

Keep Molten shell and buy a ring with Vulnerability on hit.
I find Vulnerability with cwdt not reliable, the effect is a lot better on a ring.
"
FostyCaramel wrote:

thank you guys

One of the reasons we have our mana reserve at 15% instead of 5% is because initially if you put both Molten Shell and Vulnerability in the CWDT setup, Molten Shell costs about 25 mana to proc and Vulnerability costs around 50. Having a comfy amount of mana (~100 or so) unreserved lets us use these skills without having to worry about running out of mana for shield crush.

Our only guard skill we have is molten shell, so i'd recommend keeping that over vulnerability and switching vulnerability to self-cast if you're wanting to drop one.
If you need more resists/Attributes, I found a good alternative to the Crown of the Inward Eye.

Buy an Elder helmet ilvl85 with the enchant you want. (Got mine for 1.5Ex)
Spam defeaning essence of greed until you get T1 or T2 Hybrid life.(Got it in less than 8 Essences)
You need 3 Prefixes, if you have only 2 you can beastcraft "add prefix / remove suffix".
Then craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" and Harvest craft "Reforge Physical".
You are sure to get "Nearby Enemies take 9% increased Physical Damage".

The Helmet cost me in total less than 4 Ex and gives same dps and life than the Crown.
Last edited by Gromhouleux on Aug 22, 2021, 4:14:32 AM
Can anyone tell how this build work for end-game? Tier 16 .. awakener 8 and all that? cant find anyone who have said this build works amazing end-game :-P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info