[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
Wanderer14 wrote:
Okay, I could use some opinions here. I recently crafted an Astral Plate according to the info here, and it turned out pretty well. Due to that, I took my old Glorious Plate that I had been using and decided to double corrupt it to give it a big send-off, only for it to basically say "You're not going to replace me THAT easily"...

So now I'm trying to decide between the newly crafted item I made, and my old dependable that decided to compete with it. I'm leaning towards my old armor, but would like input from you guys about which you would prefer!

Astral will give slightly better damage, but Glorious will make dealing with resistances and your life pool much easier. I'd pick the Glorious Plate every time tbh
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"
Wanderer14 wrote:
Okay, I could use some opinions here. I recently crafted an Astral Plate according to the info here, and it turned out pretty well. Due to that, I took my old Glorious Plate that I had been using and decided to double corrupt it to give it a big send-off, only for it to basically say "You're not going to replace me THAT easily"...

So now I'm trying to decide between the newly crafted item I made, and my old dependable that decided to compete with it. I'm leaning towards my old armor, but would like input from you guys about which you would prefer!

Astral will give slightly better damage, but Glorious will make dealing with resistances and your life pool much easier. I'd pick the Glorious Plate every time tbh

Hi,

I craft the same gem rolls, but only 1 resis and 2 free Prefixes.
I crafted life (84) on it, but what i can do with the free prefix?

"

I craft the same gem rolls, but only 1 resis and 2 free Prefixes.
I crafted life (84) on it, but what i can do with the free prefix?

That Astral Plate I posted had 2 free prefixes after the fossil craft. I Exalt slammed the 30 life, then crafted the %life/mana on it. So yeah, if you want to fill that prefix you pretty much just exalt slam it (decide if you want to keep the crafted flat life or remove it and take a chance).
I also started working on my chest place and I got the double gem on the second craft and since I had extra fossils I gambled and removed a low str modifier.

Should I work on unlocking the multiple crafted mods bench craft option and finishing it that way?
Last edited by fate3 on Aug 18, 2021, 3:35:35 PM
Hi! I'm back with an update and a few questions. After working on my build and gameplay, my survivability has improved a lot. Still the occasional death (I accidentally Leap Slammed into a storm during A7 Sirus, which was my only death) but smoother. A couple questions as I look to min-max a bit more.

- At what point would a high level rare + good enchant (Blood Rage or Shield Crush attack Speed) overtake Crown of the Inward Eye? I've done some rudimentary calculations in PoB and haven't been able to find one that would work, but if anyone has tips, or gearing recommendations let me know!

- I've been looking at getting/crafting a 3K armor shield, but the one I have now is 2.7K and has +8% chance to block, which gives me 76% in my HO. What's the better stat? Would gaining the extra armor on the shield offset the loss of the block chance?

Thanks!
"
Ruxxe wrote:
Hi! I'm back with an update and a few questions. After working on my build and gameplay, my survivability has improved a lot. Still the occasional death (I accidentally Leap Slammed into a storm during A7 Sirus, which was my only death) but smoother. A couple questions as I look to min-max a bit more.

- At what point would a high level rare + good enchant (Blood Rage or Shield Crush attack Speed) overtake Crown of the Inward Eye? I've done some rudimentary calculations in PoB and haven't been able to find one that would work, but if anyone has tips, or gearing recommendations let me know!

- I've been looking at getting/crafting a 3K armor shield, but the one I have now is 2.7K and has +8% chance to block, which gives me 76% in my HO. What's the better stat? Would gaining the extra armor on the shield offset the loss of the block chance?

Thanks!

Hiya!

The priority order for your helmet is as follows:

Enchanted Inward Eye > Enchanted Rare > Inward Eye > Rare

I personally have blood and sand effect on mine and absolutely love it because of the mapping QoL in sand stance, but any of the list of 5 or so that I have are perfectly fine. It's all a matter of preference / what you land on first.

When it comes to your shield I'd also stick to the 2.7k shield with block for the time being, personally. Although we do get increased damage linearly as the armor value scales up, having an extra flat block chance makes mapping and bosses much more reliable since the defenses are up. The shields also get WAY more expensive the higher that number goes.

Feel free to ask more questions if you have any, I'm always happy to help however I can.
i want to find a lethal pride timeless jewel, maybe to increase physical damage. do you have any number? or which is good for shield class as you know?
thanks,
Hi all- this is my first time majorly deviating from a build and I'm loving it. I loved this build before I made tweaks and I'm loving it even more now. My tooltip DPS is higher before and now I inflict two curses on tempest shield block. Please be kind and any suggestions would be highly appreciated. For my amulet, I anointed Wandslinger to allow for % spell damage to increase my phys damage. My belt is a little barebones currently but I have capped resistances and it's expensive to get much more than I have now. I believe the best part about switching to this is that nobody really wants silk gloves with attack speed and flat phys so they were pretty cheap. Getting spiked gloves with spell damage and flat phys explicit would be better but that gets very pricey very fast. The wand also was not very expensive considering we don't need or want crit rolls which most wand users would kill for. The biggest issue I had with this was finding ways to get the int and dex required, but having a wand with t1 int helps a lot. Sometimes I'll take off something to do some tweaking and I'll have to pop out a gem or throw on carnage heart so I can get the stats to throw everything back on but that isn't often enough to be a big annoyance. INCLUDING the cost of the chest and 6-linking it, I believe I'm around 6ex total investment. About 2 of that is for the shield.

Spoiler
Last edited by jorhma on Aug 19, 2021, 10:05:52 AM
Hi,

a question about farming... I farm trocipal Island with Delirium
(Alva/2breaches/blight/legion an roll sextans; map quality 70%)

What can i do, i dont die but my dmg is on the to low at the end?
Roll i to High or its to many?
"
Hi,

a question about farming... I farm trocipal Island with Delirium
(Alva/2breaches/blight/legion an roll sextans; map quality 70%)

What can i do, i dont die but my dmg is on the to low at the end?
Roll i to High or its to many?

Looking at your build, the main upgrade I can think of for more damage would be an amulet with reduced pride reservation. The other upgrade I can see is running Lab 4 to get a better enchant on your helmet. Apart from that my guess would be that the best investment would come to either awakened gems, or getting a 3k shield, but both of those options get expensive pretty quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info