[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

Tried doing some Potent Labs the other day and died twice because of bleeding, wasting those precious items I had to harvestcraft. I think we should keep the "of sealing" suffix on the life flask and use something else other than the corrupted blood immunity in the resistance mastery, like 20% chance to avoid stun, 20% reduced effect of curses, or +12%ER/+7%CR.
Update: I switched to +12%ElemRes/+7%ChaosRes and switched the cold/fire resistance from my belt to the +16% damage benchcraft.
I ended up being super busy IRL these holidays, so didn't get to try this out in 3.16.

My question is: would this still be viable for 3.17? If so might practice it a bit more before 3.17 hits.

Completely new to POE as of two weeks ago. Came across this build and so happy I did. Extremely detailed and well written so I could actually understand a lot of what was going on and what I needed to be doing without the years of experience. Certainly have a long way to go and more to learn, but really helpful to make it through to endgame. Looking into some other builds now that I have more background, I've realized just how lucky I am to start here and be able to have this help along the way. Just wanted to say I greatly appreciate the effort put in here and am hopeful the build is still viable for 3.17 so I can continue to learn or I can come across a new just as helpful build from you.
So, is arc back on the menu now?
Last edited by RajivAiyar on Jan 24, 2022, 11:54:32 PM
Arc:

Arc: Now deals 6 to 32 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 6 to 33), up to 198 to 1122 at gem level 20 (previously 133 to 754). Now has 120% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 80%) wow
Orb of Storms got gutted on functionality and buffed on damage. The number of hits is not given too. Such an odd change.

"
Orb of Storms:

Orb of Storms has been redesigned as a single target tool for lightning casters. The focus of the skill has been placed on its mechanic of hitting enemies when you cast a lightning skill in its area. Orb of Storms now deals 3 to 8 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 2 to 7), up to 304 to 913 at gem level 20 (previously 185 to 555). Now strikes every 3.50 seconds at gem level 1 (previously 1.50 seconds), and every 2.55 seconds at gem level 20 (previously 1.02 seconds). Beams now split towards 1 additional target at gem level 1 (previously 2), up to 3 additional targets at gem level 20 (previously 4). Now has 110% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 65%). Base Duration is now 7.00 seconds (previously 6.00 seconds)
Orb of Storms no longer requires splitting from the caster when they cast a Lightning spell in its area. Instead it will zap an enemy in range every time you cast a Lightning spell from within the Orb of Storm's area, making positioning much more flexible.
Orb of Storms no longer has a duration. Instead, it now remains for a number of hits before it disappears.

3.17 with all the rare mobs is kind of a bossing league. We need single target damage.
Last edited by zorker on Jan 27, 2022, 5:11:44 PM
I doubt Arc will overtake Ball Lightning. Arc was buffed more, but Enki will have to crunch the numbers. I don't know what the realistic thresholds are.

Arc
- Now deals 6 to 32 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 6 to 33), up to 198 to 1122 at gem level 20 (previously 133 to 754).
- Now has 120% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 80%).

Ball Lightning
- Now deals 2 to 47 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 3 to 48), up to 32 to 617 at gem level 20 (previously 22 to 426)
- Now has 60% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 50%).

If you look at 12 hits for BL vs Arc with 10 chains, BL has essentially 720% effectiveness of added damage, and Arc is still only at 180%. I find it unlikely any amount of mechanics I'm not thinking of will compensate the difference. The good thing being it takes relatively few changes to convert to Arc if you desire that playstyle.

Add these changes to a mana-free Wrath, and the build is looking very appealing to me.

Obviously OoS will not suffice for clearing, but that can be replaced with SB. I haven't the faintest clue what people ended this league doing for clear.
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 27, 2022, 7:10:39 PM
"
Aldonés wrote:
I doubt Arc will overtake Ball Lightning. Arc was buffed more, but Enki will have to crunch the numbers. I don't know what the realistic thresholds are.

Arc
- Now deals 6 to 32 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 6 to 33), up to 198 to 1122 at gem level 20 (previously 133 to 754).
- Now has 120% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 80%).

Ball Lightning
- Now deals 2 to 47 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 3 to 48), up to 32 to 617 at gem level 20 (previously 22 to 426)
- Now has 60% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 50%).

If you look at 12 hits for BL vs Arc with 10 chains, BL has essentially 720% effectiveness of added damage, and Arc is still only at 180%. I find it unlikely any amount of mechanics I'm not thinking of will compensate the difference. The good thing being it takes relatively few changes to convert to Arc if you desire that playstyle.

Add these changes to a mana-free Wrath, and the build is looking very appealing to me.

Obviously OoS will not suffice for clearing, but that can be replaced with SB. I haven't the faintest clue what people ended this league doing for clear.

Arc could replace OoS for clear and OoS can be added for single target with ball lightning instead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info