[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

Does Elemental overload actually work on Ball Lightning? The way it used to work before 3.15 there was a tooltip increase, as well as a buff to see it activated.

I now cleared a map with Ball lightning amd 21.4 crit chance (thanks ungils harmony) and never noticed aforementioned imcreases.
Last edited by Winterman89 on Nov 16, 2021, 8:21:06 AM
"
Winterman89 wrote:
Does Elemental overload actually work on Ball Lightning? The way it used to work before 3.15 there was a tooltip increase, as well as a buff to see it activated.

I now cleared a map with Ball lightning amd 21.4 crit chance (thanks ungils harmony) and never noticed aforementioned imcreases.

The icon at the top of the screen no longer appears. Since EO now only affects the spell that performed the critical an icon appears on the spell icons when it is active. (I am referring to the five square spell icons at the bottom right of your screen).
"
Exchequer_ wrote:

The icon at the top of the screen no longer appears. Since EO now only affects the spell that performed the critical an icon appears on the spell icons when it is active. (I am referring to the five square spell icons at the bottom right of your screen).

Thanks for the quick answer, I forgot to mention that I'm playing on PS5 though. That's why I probably didn't see it (I don't think spell icon changes there are a thing on consoles though, but I'll try it out and update this post for any consolero reading this)

Currently also trying controlled destruction instead of EF combined with the crit mastery +3 to crit support gems+ lightning mastery: all non crits are lucky
Having pretty good results, bevause of shock applying at about 10% rn. (Just 4 linked and just in act 8, but performing well)

Edit: You can also see a change on the icons on console

Edit 2: Learned my lesson, CD may look better with crit mastery consitently having +8% more damage, but it isn't hard to crit with enough cast speed. You could however focus more on ailments, but I'll doubt it'd be better because you will miss out on a lot of mana and mana=damage.

Will leave this here to let people know though
Last edited by Winterman89 on Nov 17, 2021, 3:16:46 PM
Aww was hoping this was using Vaal Arc :( Is the DPS on this build as low as it looks on the PoB? I'm up to reds on my current champ, but stuggling, so was looking for a new build and was told this should be a strong one with little investment (Tho I see the gloves are around 2.5EX atm). But once I imported it all and get it to low budget mapping to have a look at the DPS on low gear (I prefer to aim low and land high if possible) the dps was only showing around 50K.
"
Khurune wrote:
Aww was hoping this was using Vaal Arc :( Is the DPS on this build as low as it looks on the PoB?

For the lucky buff you would've gotten from vaal arc, you could redirect 4 skill points for a second lightning mastery 'all non crits are lucky' (not exactly the same but close enough) the cluster is really close to the agnostic node.

DPS-wise: I don't know if POB (dont have time to watch it everytime) considers the arcs of Ball Lightning right, they shoot multiple little lightnings every 180ms, so about 5x per second. It sounds to me (although I'm not sure) that POB uses the calculation for the projectile alone.
"
Khurune wrote:
Aww was hoping this was using Vaal Arc :( Is the DPS on this build as low as it looks on the PoB? I'm up to reds on my current champ, but stuggling, so was looking for a new build and was told this should be a strong one with little investment (Tho I see the gloves are around 2.5EX atm). But once I imported it all and get it to low budget mapping to have a look at the DPS on low gear (I prefer to aim low and land high if possible) the dps was only showing around 50K.
The DPS shown in PoB is no where close to the actual DPS of this build.

If you want a rough estimate of your DPS, take the number of balls you launch per second X 13 X “Average Hit”.

If you have Pledge of Hands, Spell Echo, at least 8.0 cast rate, you should be launching around 8 BL’s/second. And with Slower Proj and at least 32 AoE radius, each BL should reach 13 lightning strikes each at that Average Hit number.

So PoB might show something way off like 2-3M DPS because all it does is Average Hit x Cast Rate x 4 BL’s. Which is wrong. The BL’s aren’t hitting, their AoE lightning strikes are. Of which each one goes off every 0.15 seconds, while each BL lasts 2 seconds.

So second #1 is 6.7 lightning strikes per BL, but once second #2 starts, now the first set is overlapping with the next set, which is why we multiply by 13.

Needless to say, your real DPS is probably around 8-10x what PoB shows as your DPS. 8-10x because your cast rate and how fast your BL’s travel, and your distance from your targets makes a big difference. You want to be approximately half the amount of radius units from your target with your BL’s traveling as slow as possible and with at least 32 radius to maximize/reach full number of possible lightning strikes (ie. 6.7 x 2 each second per ball).

That said, at one point in this game, this build was likely the highest DPS char in the game. There were people reaching around 1.8M Average Hit with like 10.0 cast rate and 35 or so AoE radius. So 10 x 13 x 1.8M = 234M DPS, which was just insane.

I’m pretty sure thats not possible anymore, and those folks had multiple mirror-tier items, but I know I had maybe 60ex worth of gear and was well over 100M DPS at one point. And even if I could only hit half that now, it would still be a ridiculously potent char.

Last edited by SkylerOG on Nov 18, 2021, 7:18:09 PM
Really struggling on heists with the charging Templars.
Level 93 and comfortably into my recommended gear and cheaper awakended gems. There are just so many and I can't kill them fast enough before the next wave kills me.
"
scyra_ad wrote:
Really struggling on heists with the charging Templars.
Level 93 and comfortably into my recommended gear and cheaper awakended gems. There are just so many and I can't kill them fast enough before the next wave kills me.

I'd first look into getting a cerulean ring for a percentage increase to max mana. Also, remember to flame dash out of the way, get some distance.
I was follow Long time ago enki's arc build on standard League now question is "is this build good im standard League thank you"
"
Hass2000 wrote:
I was follow Long time ago enki's arc build on standard League now question is "is this build good im standard League thank you"
If you’re on Standard, you don’t want to follow this build precisely.

Main reason is you get access to legacy Fevered Mind (30%/100% version), and as a result of your spells costing much more mana due to this, you don’t need Agnostic keystone/RF combo. And this means you now have Life AND Energy Shield, giving you significantly more EHP and mana sustain.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Nov 23, 2021, 10:47:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info