[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
fat_weasel wrote:
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
So far, my experience with the changes has been a bit of a curve with the couple extra buff skills. I find they can slow me down a bit and it's making my right index finger a bit sore because I gotta put them on the RT+A/B/X/Y skill "page". It would take a bit of getting used to but the extra damage is a good benefit from the clunky feel.

if you've not done so already put arcane cloack on left-click, it'll not hinder movement and you want that on all the time anyway, the rest are for boss-fights

If you could not tell, I'm on console.
"
Klaxxus wrote:
hey,

under cons it is written:

"
- lacks layered defenses

What does that exactly mean? I am thinking about rerolling because I am dieing too much on my league starter.

Does this build have good defense? Can it deal with the crazy damage from scourge?

The main defense is damage taken from mana before life, as well as the extra effective life from Arcane Cloak. Another good defense is to make sure you are not staying in one spot for too long.
Just fyi, the Mastery nodes on the skill tree website aren't showing which one you've selected (if any) if I hover over them in Firefox.

Maybe mention them in the text sections?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 26, 2021, 7:05:20 AM
"
Just fyi, the Mastery nodes on the skill tree website aren't showing which one you've selected if any if I hover over them in Firefox.

Try looking at the tree in path of building.
What does “Kainite” prefix on Eternal Mana flask mean in a budget gear -> flasks section?
Last edited by Vadosique on Oct 26, 2021, 11:28:12 AM
"
Vadosique wrote:
What does “Kainite” prefix on Eternal Mana flask mean in a budget gear -> flasks section?

Kainite ilvl 64 prefix:
(20–25)% increased Charges per use
(39–44)% increased Amount Recovered

There is also slightly better version for a flask with ilvl 82.

Gipsum ilvl 82 prefix:
(20–25)% increased Charges per use
(45–50)% increased Amount Recovered

So it's better to double check that yours filter doesn't hide all flasks in case you are SSF.
Last edited by HennekY on Oct 26, 2021, 2:07:56 PM
Hey, the build looks pretty good, but does anyone have any idea why the skills on my game are different? Some of the nodes are entirely different than the once shown on the build?
Thank you in advance!
FYI - playing on PS4
Last edited by Xtincter on Oct 26, 2021, 4:22:47 PM
So I gave this a go into early maps... I'm at the target hp and my resistances are capped, but...

I've never had such a rough time using a build before. I died more completing the campaign than I did running builds like toxic rain, cyclone, and ice gauntlet combined. In maps it just feels like a slog. I can kill mobs fast, but I've never felt like such a useless glass cannon even with gear above the budget suggestions.

Not really sure what I did wrong but to me this doesn't feel very strong. I don't mean to sound harsh, but this certainly isn't a build I would have enjoyed if it was my first time playing the game.
Last edited by 8madhatter8 on Oct 26, 2021, 11:05:59 PM
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
"
Just fyi, the Mastery nodes on the skill tree website aren't showing which one you've selected if any if I hover over them in Firefox.

Elaborate. How do I import https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.16.0/AAAABAUCAJrgGF0wW4Uy2CSslwDwogCD26cIZDNfKsBmMtHPxDbFVcY3R63x6-RFnR8CU1IEB9WB2t1YbWusRUe1BASz-d1WSB2DhW3r7iTY in to POB?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 27, 2021, 6:07:30 AM
"
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
"

Elaborate. How do I import https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.16.0/AAAABAUCAJrgGF0wW4Uy2CSslwDwogCD26cIZDNfKsBmMtHPxDbFVcY3R63x6-RFnR8CU1IEB9WB2t1YbWusRUe1BASz-d1WSB2DhW3r7iTY in to POB?

As per the original post

"
Enki91 wrote:
Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/2TWTQ5z3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info