[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

It's not that bad on PC.

Arcane cloak on left click for auto-trigger during movement
Orb on wheel (middle-button)
Ball lightning on right button.

Arcanist brand and Sigil are usually used only to kill bosses. And we have enough DPS to kill them before effect of those skills ends.

Vaal Haste in the same spot as Vaal Righteous fire from previous version of this build - it's not that burdensome to cast it every 10 or so seconds for amount QoL for mapping it provides.

Also Vaal Haste has one nice additional improvement over Vaal righteous fire - its default visual effect doesn't hurt eyes on dark map layouts :)))
Last edited by HennekY on Oct 22, 2021, 8:33:11 AM
"
5th Link: Onslaught*

U want tell 6th ?

... ty for update :)
"
Clarau wrote:
"
5th Link: Onslaught*

U want tell 6th ?

... ty for update :)

6th link is elemental focus like it says in the list above the explanation
Great job as always Enki.

I'm glad to see you are still active with your marvelously detailed guides.

I thought that I heard you mention in your POB stream the other day that you would also be looking in to Arc builds again. When you do, will these be made available as well?
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
First off, thank you so much for putting together this amazing guide. I've started playing PoE a couple times with this guide but never gotten past Act 3.

Decided to make another attempt with the release of Scourge, and I would like to mix it up a bit with a different build so I don't lose interest.

I'm still a complete noob, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any comparable guides for different builds? I've only found one so far (that actually mentions borrowing Enki's formatting), but I found it to be pretty unclear/confusing in a lot of areas and some of the comments concern me as well.

I appreciate any help!

- A total noob
"
HennekY wrote:
It's not that bad on PC.

Arcane cloak on left click for auto-trigger during movement
Orb on wheel (middle-button)
Ball lightning on right button.

Arcanist brand and Sigil are usually used only to kill bosses. And we have enough DPS to kill them before effect of those skills ends.

Vaal Haste in the same spot as Vaal Righteous fire from previous version of this build - it's not that burdensome to cast it every 10 or so seconds for amount QoL for mapping it provides.

Also Vaal Haste has one nice additional improvement over Vaal righteous fire - its default visual effect doesn't hurt eyes on dark map layouts :)))

I'm on Xbox. I have my aura skills on LT+B/A, Lightning Warp on Y, OoS on X, Arcane Cloak on A, and Arc on B, and Arcanists Brand on RT+B. I can feel my fingers hurting unless POE on console gets KBM support.
Giving it a try, but the lack of arc lightning feels... Awful. Probably just a personal preference but I might have to skip this and try something else this League.
Anyone know how we can see what masteries are chosen? The passive trees show that a mastery is picked but not which.
"
ThyCrow wrote:
Anyone know how we can see what masteries are chosen? The passive trees show that a mastery is picked but not which.

Try the POB link
"
8madhatter8 wrote:
Giving it a try, but the lack of arc lightning feels... Awful. Probably just a personal preference but I might have to skip this and try something else this League.

personally I use arc instead of spark for the early game, unless you're literally standing in front of the enemy it never does the damage promised and you don't want that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info