[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

are you guys still using the orb of storms set up?
"
ogli wrote:
If I see that the build won´t work in red maps T15/16 I will come back and report, but I don´t think this will happen.

Don't worry, it won't happen at all. As long as you keep upgrading the gear, it performs great. I just got to A8 and killed Sirus with no deaths on this (gear somewhere around 20ex worth I'd estimate: https://pastebin.com/FtFmzbaS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_rFhl7AgpU ). The bossing is pretty good, map clear is more than acceptable.

"
Monster0310 wrote:
are you guys still using the orb of storms set up?

I still use it. Quite nice at least in my eyes.
Last edited by Leimus on Aug 20, 2021, 3:03:52 AM
"
ogli wrote:
I can't understand all the complaining here. I'am far far away from beeing a pro gamer. As a father of two kids and fulltime worker I can only play one char per league and I never reached level 100 due to time (and not beeing a pro) limits.

But I had no probs playing the build into yellow maps so far. Leveling was a joke and white maps, too. Invested about 2.5 ex until yesterday and switched to agnostic yesterday. First I thought game was buggy, because neither mana nor life orb where touched anymore and nothing seems to hurt me anymore. So I guess the build is really tanky. Sure, you have to stand while casting ball lightning. But I wait until Boss attack/ animation is past, OoS + Ball lightning and if he starts another attack, move away and so on. I can easily get some hits of any boss so far and facetanked some without problems. Bosses are often down within seconds.

Yesterday spent another 3ex for six-link pledge of hands, but haven't played since. My tree is as far, that I have to go for clusters now. Gear is far away from perfect, but beside of six-link pledge (3ex) and watchers eye (40c) I havent´t spent more then 20c each for my gear-pieces. Even the anoinment cost me only 6c.

So for me:
beginner-friendly? check
budget? check
damage? check
tankieness? check
fun? check

If I see that the build won´t work in red maps T15/16 I will come back and report, but I don´t think this will happen.
But let`s assume it will happen: I definetly won´t come back an start whining or offending the Build maker. This is a game folks and another person is so kind sharing hie ideas of a build (no matter that 3.15 changed a lot).
So folks, be kind, play and if you don´t like the build: OK, write down why and everyting is fine. But stop the other stuff! Thx to Enki for his work.

I am on the same boat, exile!

I have a toddler and a baby myself, married and only manage to play some nights if not tired, so managed to spend around 18-20ex on gear (I am somewhat experience with trading/pricing items so helps with making currency) and so far flying through T14-T16 A4 maps and will be doing Sirus pretty soon too.

The build is so different of what I've played in the past that kept me into it improving it. Mapping is good with OoS setup and I have it with RF. Single target is really good imo but you need to be mobile between boss attacks.

Definitely a great guide NON META and considering all the crap that went on this league with Mana nerfs!

Kudos to Enki and everyone here posting their progression and helping out with questions.

Cheers
So, regarding the movelock that Ball Lightning gives during the cast animation, and Spell Echo and Greater Spell Echo support making those animations repeat multiple times, making the movelock last longer. What can be done?
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
So, regarding the movelock that Ball Lightning gives during the cast animation, and Spell Echo and Greater Spell Echo support making those animations repeat multiple times, making the movelock last longer. What can be done?

The staff in itself having Greater Spell Echo makes Ball Lightning terrible to use without considerable cast speed. Spell Echo gem while adding one more ball to the cast lock does actually make it much better since it has notable amount of cast speed to it.

Personally I found that the cast speed reached an acceptable spot when I added the quite expensive Unnatural Instinct jewel to the mix along with all the other cast speed nodes available to us. I even rather use the cast speed / block staff nodes on the passive tree on instead of the elemental damage buffs that are above those nodes.

Though worth emphasizing that it was still just fine without Unnatural Instinct, I just feel that one pushed it from playable to enjoyable for me.
Last edited by Leimus on Aug 20, 2021, 5:10:31 AM
Hi guys, first off I want to thank all of you for providing such deep guide for a newbee like me.

I just wanted to share my character with you guys and maybe you can give me some suggestions or find some mistaked in my gear/gems. Thank you in advance!

3139 is also a good seed for Militant Faith
Last edited by Yampey1 on Aug 20, 2021, 6:27:35 AM
Hi guys, might sound silly but can someone confirm if arcane cloak is effected by mana reservation? For eg, if i have 50% reserved mana then my damage reduction from arcane clock will also go down cause i spent less mana?
"
nx989 wrote:
Hi guys, might sound silly but can someone confirm if arcane cloak is effected by mana reservation? For eg, if i have 50% reserved mana then my damage reduction from arcane clock will also go down cause i spent less mana?

Arcane cloak spends #% of your current mana. So reserving will cut heavily into the power of arcane cloak.

If you're playing this build though, you shouldn't reserve mora mana than what clarity takes since it's an archmage support build. Wrath goes into essence worm ring as that causes no mana reservation when it's on that ring.
Like others i'm starting to hit a wall now that i'm in t16's. I really like the build and it's fun to play, but i think as a newer player that doesn't have crafting and all that down for those end game modifiers, I'm missing some damage and stuff that makes it more viable for the end game.

Anyone have a really good guide for noobs on how to properly craft those gg items for that extra edge? And what influences am i supposed to have for some of those mods that don't seem to roll on typical rares or crafting bench options? I suppose i could buy similar, but idk if i wanna sink many more exalts into this incase i need to switch for end game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info