[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

Great improvement for clearing maps using Orb of Storms.

However, I was using Ball Lightning + GMP in a 5L Sire of Shards and was better than Arc at the beggining - Has anyone used this setup and would it be recommended to carry on against Orb of Storms?

What bothers me is standing for over a second static casting Ball Lighting on main setup with Pledge and awful cast speed!

Appreciate your advice Enki (or anyone interested in helping me out)
"
Coxzor wrote:

However, I was using Ball Lightning + GMP in a 5L Sire of Shards and was better than Arc at the beggining - Has anyone used this setup and would it be recommended to carry on against Orb of Storms?

What bothers me is standing for over a second static casting Ball Lighting on main setup with Pledge and awful cast speed!

Haven't tried that specifically but I did go with BL + GMP for a while and dropped Arc completely, which I replaced with a 5L Arcanist Brand (to be upgraded for a 6L).

I had it setup with Unleashed on a Pledge of Hands (since I already bought it to play with Arc), so you'd shotgun tons of projectile in front of you and it worked well at speedfarming. The issue is that the moment you run into something a bit tanky, you don't have a lot to deal with it, so Red Maps can be tough, or any unexpected big boy where you don't have time to change to Spell Echo (Delirium bosses for example).

I went back to this same setup but added the Orb of Storms to it, and it's pretty good together. Unleashed BL then Leap Slam + Orb of Storms clears well, but it's risky. Also good in Delve, hitting in front of you and running is pretty good.

The Spell Echo LB is probably better to have just for the versatility (and it clears well with Orb of Storm on the ground), but same as you I dislike how it keeps you in place for so long.

I'd say keep doing what you're doing if it works, but trying a few different versions will be the best way to judge what you feel is doing more work for you.

I feel like this build will have issues with End Games bosses without serious investment though, or really knowing the mechanics well, because of how long we stay immobile when casting BL.
I die so much because of that, it can be frustrating, but I haven't put too much currency in the character yet (debating whether to reroll to be able to boss more easily), not sure where the ceiling is.
Should I start cannibalizing from my arc witch build?
Last edited by MJHeemeyer on Aug 1, 2021, 5:36:14 AM
Why do you remove Mind over Matter in endgame passive tree?
"
Ampersandz_ wrote:

I think cuz end game armour have that note, so u save 1 point in passive tree
"
Ampersandz_ wrote:

Because Cloak of Defiance provides us the Mind over Matter passive itself (the armor)
Thanks for the reply enki, but i still feel that Arc is MUCH better for clear than Orb, i gave orb a shot while doing tier 11 maps and either i dont understand the mechanics of that skill or my arc setup is just superior.

With Orb takes twice as long and feels very clunky, while a single arc press kills almost all mobs (the ones tha dont are usually buffed up and a couple of ball lightnings do the trck) while orb just almost never kill a pack fast enough before i die.
Is Tabula a viable choice over a 5l armour as beginner armour?
"
Umarill wrote:
"
Coxzor wrote:

Haven't tried that specifically but I did go with BL + GMP for a while and dropped Arc completely, which I replaced with a 5L Arcanist Brand (to be upgraded for a 6L).

I had it setup with Unleashed on a Pledge of Hands (since I already bought it to play with Arc), so you'd shotgun tons of projectile in front of you and it worked well at speedfarming. The issue is that the moment you run into something a bit tanky, you don't have a lot to deal with it, so Red Maps can be tough, or any unexpected big boy where you don't have time to change to Spell Echo (Delirium bosses for example).

I went back to this same setup but added the Orb of Storms to it, and it's pretty good together. Unleashed BL then Leap Slam + Orb of Storms clears well, but it's risky. Also good in Delve, hitting in front of you and running is pretty good.

The Spell Echo LB is probably better to have just for the versatility (and it clears well with Orb of Storm on the ground), but same as you I dislike how it keeps you in place for so long.

I'd say keep doing what you're doing if it works, but trying a few different versions will be the best way to judge what you feel is doing more work for you.

I feel like this build will have issues with End Games bosses without serious investment though, or really knowing the mechanics well, because of how long we stay immobile when casting BL.
I die so much because of that, it can be frustrating, but I haven't put too much currency in the character yet (debating whether to reroll to be able to boss more easily), not sure where the ceiling is.

I will try Unleash setup to see how it goes mate. Thanks for that. As of now, I am managing well white maps but will see how it goes when I hit yellow maps. Really wanted to try this build last league so it is a real challenge on this one with all the nerfs for sure.
This may be dumb but what's our power charge generation? I've reached the point for 2x +1 to maximum power charge nodes but I can't seem to figure out how to generate them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info