[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

What about using Omeyocan for our boots? That way we could ditch onslaught on the Orb of Storms set up and use another support for more clearing damage.

Also, we could ditch fortify + leap slam and use Flame Dash and RF, or is that not an option?

Thanks Enki!
"
Kristtof wrote:
When I have Pledge of Hands 5l i still need to put spell echo with BL or we just stay with G spell echo from weapon ? How that works

It stacks I think!
I'm just gonna keep using arc.
I'll give it a try in PS4. Ty!!
how exactly do you get charges in this build?
Hey Enki, thanks for the build. The Orb of Storms change definitely feels better. My biggest problem is still staying alive, I expect it to get better as I get my 5th and 6th links going.

Just a heads up, it seems as though you've forgotten to refund your passive skill tree MoM after acquiring Cloak of Defiance on your character.

Im sorry if this is off topic but, I have played two types of characters before this one and they kinda get one shotted.

So I was wondering does this build have a good defense enough to take 2 hits? was terrible frustrating to die as fast as you just get hit one time kinda.

I have begun to level up this build, and defense would probably still be a big thing to think about being concerned but what do I know, any tips would be helpful.
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
I'm on xbox and trying to figure out the best way to map the skills to the buttons. Any advice?

I have Arc mapped to B, Wave of Conviction to A, Orb and Flame Dash to Y. I have now made it to the point where you said to get Ball Lightning but now I don't really know where to map it. I have it mapped to Y at the moment but that leaves me without the survivability increase that Flame Dash gives. When I get to the point where you say to get Arcane Cloak, that's a whole 'nother thing to figure out where to map.

What do I do?

Unfortunately I have no experience with PoE on consoles. Just one thing to look forward to, in late Act 4 we automate Wave + Sniper's Mark with Arcanist Brand, so that will free up a button for you.

"
Kyriac wrote:
How much better is Sniper's Mark than Conductivity....

Seems like the wrong choice, but i just don't know

Sniper's Mark gives 10-20% more damage than Conductivity in this setup and also Life/Mana Flask sustain, that you'll need in some longer endgame bossfights or invitations.

Plus, Conductivity can end up doing absolutely nothing. Unlike penetration, resistance reduction starts from overcapped resistance which bosses can get to quite easily through some mapmods. Add the lowered curse effect they have by default, and it can end up doing nothing at all.

Sniper's Mark on the other hand is an increased damage taken modifier, which is a straight up more multiplier in our case.

"
WakkaXDD wrote:
Is it possible to ditch Gruthkul pantheon for something like Solaris/Lunaris and go for Skyforth? Many people using that item in conjunction with Agnostic in poe. ninja so i dont think they would have bad synergy (I assume agnostic coesnt count as regen)

my build is fine without a boots slot in terms of resists but I want the boot enchant and i dont wanna run lab to enchant my level 40 boots i have, so im contemplating of buying a Skyforth and running lab for enchants instead of waiting until i have enough for a Tailwind boots cause i feel like the nechant is more important thatn the boots lol

Possible for sure if you don't need resistances and don't mind the loss of a life slot.

"
Arikein wrote:
I am new to the game, currently in the midst of doing my first full run of the acts.

Been following the build and the change to Orb of Storms from Arc got me confused... Am i supposed to use Orb of Storms for clearing instead of Arc or use ball lightning?

Yes, exactly.

"
Coxz0r wrote:
Thanks for the update.

I am having a small issue when using Orb of Storms as I seem to be able only to cast it as far as my feet unlike Arcanist Brand... is that what’s supposed to do?

Yes, it will cast at your position. It has pretty good AoE with our setup tho, and the chains can go out of its radius quite a bit.

"
Thegodofdmg wrote:
is orb of storm really better? ive been using arc and doing fine after a few corrections, my pob shows arc as a 205k Total DPS, while Orb of storm in a 5L as 43k.

wouldnt that be a HUGE downgrade from arc?

Don't get fooled by POB numbers. Arc loses damage every time it chains and is mechanically just inferior to Orb of Storms for clearspeed.

Orb of Storms generates more hits while covering an area more consistently, and its chains only need one target until they can chain back to the initially hit enemy, unlike Arc which needs to chain twice before it can chain back.

Orb of Storms is also way better for mana sustain, since we only need to spend mana once per pack instead of spamming Arc. This means both our survivability and actual damage output increase, because we won't hit low mana from using our skill.

And as a duration skill, we can use Orb of Storms for extra damage during bossfights while using Ball Lightning.

"
Kristtof wrote:
When I have Pledge of Hands 5l i still need to put spell echo with BL or we just stay with G spell echo from weapon ? How that works

We still use Spell Echo with Pledge of Hands t oget the most out of Greater Spell Echo.

"
Zaeithan wrote:
What about using Omeyocan for our boots? That way we could ditch onslaught on the Orb of Storms set up and use another support for more clearing damage.

Also, we could ditch fortify + leap slam and use Flame Dash and RF, or is that not an option?

Thanks Enki!

Might take a bit of investment to make Omeyocan work smoothly, at which point I'd prefer just going for Tailwind. Same goes for RF but could be more worth it.

I wouldn't recommend dropping Fortify, survivability already took a huge hit this patch and you really don't want it to be even less.

"
Celested wrote:
how exactly do you get charges in this build?

Minimum charges means you have them active without needing to gain them first.

"
Rippy56 wrote:
Hey Enki, thanks for the build. The Orb of Storms change definitely feels better. My biggest problem is still staying alive, I expect it to get better as I get my 5th and 6th links going.

Just a heads up, it seems as though you've forgotten to refund your passive skill tree MoM after acquiring Cloak of Defiance on your character.

Good catch, I actually did lmao

"
fichi wrote:
Im sorry if this is off topic but, I have played two types of characters before this one and they kinda get one shotted.

So I was wondering does this build have a good defense enough to take 2 hits? was terrible frustrating to die as fast as you just get hit one time kinda.

I have begun to level up this build, and defense would probably still be a big thing to think about being concerned but what do I know, any tips would be helpful.

Depends what hits you and how much it's scaled by enemy mods, map mods, auras, sextants, league mechanic mods and so on. Some stuff in this game is just really overtuned at the moment.

This build is fairly tanky once you have atleast 50% damage taken to mana and good mana sustain, but it's not a maxblock facetank everything indefinitely build.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jul 31, 2021, 11:39:18 AM
Thanks for all your hard work on the build Enki, it is very appreciated.

What are your thoughts to adding Increased Area of Effect to the Orb of Storms link instead of Onslaught?

Also, would Flame Dash be viable instead of Leap Slam (don't really like the mechanics) and if so, what should we link to it?

Thanks again :)
Thanks for the hard work Enki, im loving the build so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info