[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

i started with this and while leveling was ok I'm getting absolutely destroyed in white/yellow maps so I swapped out arc for ball lightning its still clunky but much better than arc
I've now gotten into mapping with this build and I'm still just absolutely getting wrecked in most of my maps. I'm getting stunlocked by everything that hits me, Agnostic just constantly drains my mana and leaves me useless despite having 800% mana regen, I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong with this build. I feel so frail and don't have the damage to warrant how frail I am.

https://pastebin.com/653hy8CR

Here is my current setup if anyone could give me any tips to improve what I'm doing.
anybody have any idea which end-game helmet should i wear for this build
I need some examples cuz i kinda confused
tks
"
anybody have any idea which end-game helmet should i wear for this build
I need some examples cuz i kinda confused
tks

Helmet

A basic helmet with 60+ Life, 40+ Mana and Resistances is a good start.

On higher budgets you can add in #% maximum Mana, Nearby Enemies have -#% to Lightning Resistance or +1 to maximum Power Charges.

The best enchantments are Arcane Cloak spends an additional #% of current Mana and Spells Triggered by Arcanist Brand Unnerve enemies on Hit for 4 seconds
Last edited by Radagastt on Jul 26, 2021, 6:17:17 AM
hello, I'm a new player and like that guide.
Actually I found a Tabula Rasa with 6l while leveling. Any suggestion for a gem setup for that armor? I'm level 38 right now. Tought about putting Arc and Ball lighting together, so i don't need a second 4l setup for ball lighting.
thank you for your advise
So far the build is doing alright. Mapping hasnt been easy tho, arc wasnt doin the job imo. I am currently running 2 ball lightning setups, one for clear and one for single taget. Feels a bit clunky but far better than arc imo.

I ended up skipping the extra power charges on the tree due to poc rarley giving me power charges anyway. I dont know what i Will do with the points i saved, probobly spec into another 2 jewel slots.

Overall the build does do some decent damage. Might be to slow and clunky for my taste, i Will continue playing it for a few days and then te-roll If it doesnt get any better.

Im still a nooby player so any tips and tricks are appriciated.
I've just implemented the first update after post-nerf testing!

I've adjusted all Passive Trees for better Flask & Mana sustain, moved Agnostic a little back and removed the extra Power Charges, which only helped with Aylardex and a 6L.

Based on this, i've also changed the 6th Link Gem choice to Elemental Focus with Arc and Controlled Destruction with Ball Lightning. This allows us to still proc EO relatively consistently with Arc while clearing, while with Ball Lightning we get it through the Arcanist Brand setup anyway and therefore get a little bit more damage out of CD's higher multiplier and the occasional shocks.

Anointments have also changed. I've changed back to Mind Drinker for early mana sustain while clearing, Disciple of the Forbidden as an option for Aylardex to make use of its +1 Power Charge and Mana Flows as endgame anointment when not using Aylardex.

Hope these changes work out for everyone!

Edit: For anyone struggling with Arc during early mapping, use your Ball Lightning setup to clear bigger packs and Expeditions.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jul 26, 2021, 8:26:12 AM
"
Enki91 wrote:
I've just implemented the first update after post-nerf testing!

I've adjusted all Passive Trees for better Flask & Mana sustain, moved Agnostic a little back and removed the extra Power Charges, which only helped with Aylardex and a 6L.

Based on this, i've also changed the 6th Link Gem choice to Elemental Focus with Arc and Controlled Destruction with Ball Lightning. This allows us to still proc EO relatively consistently with Arc while clearing, while with Ball Lightning we get it through the Arcanist Brand setup anyway and therefore get a little bit more damage out of CD's higher multiplier and the occasional shocks.

Anointments have also changed. I've changed back to Mind Drinker for early mana sustain while clearing, Disciple of the Forbidden as an option for Aylardex to make use of its +1 Power Charge and Mana Flows as endgame anointment when not using Aylardex.

Hope these changes work out for everyone!

Edit: For anyone struggling with Arc during early mapping, use your Ball Lightning setup to clear bigger packs and Expeditions.

Oh, thanks for the update. That should shake things up quite a bit - very excited to try this later.
Maybe a stupid question : How do we generate power charge without 6L in this build ?
"
scorflex wrote:
Maybe a stupid question : How do we generate power charge without 6L in this build ?

Hierophant's Conviction of Power gives +4 to minimum Power Charges and +1 to maximum Power Charges. Characters have 0 minimum and 3 maximum of each charge by default, so this brings us to 4 minimum and 4 maximum, which means we always have 4 up but can't gain any further unless we invest into more maximum charges.

With Aylardex we can anoint Disciple of the Forbidden for another +1 to minimum Power Charges, to make use of Aylardex' +1 to maximum Power Charges.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info