[3.15] The Raining Tempest. *Deadeye* 4M+ DPS - Dual Curse - League Starter

"
AceVenturaPD wrote:
This might be my newbness showing but dealing no physical damage from bow is taking 50% of your damage away because doesn't storm rain convert 50% phys to lightning?

The gem doesn't add any damage itself, it uses 56% of your base damage, since we only feed the gem lightning damage there is nothing to convert.

If we were using a phys bow, we would need to convert the rest to lightning.
I did a test with my BA Elemtalist from last league and after respec Avatar of fire but kept the ascendency "Every hit can ignite" and the skill scales DoT very well.

Did the test in The Quarry with the gem on lvl 1.
Last edited by dHsn on Jul 24, 2021, 1:14:53 AM
"
dHsn wrote:
I did a test with my BA Elemtalist from last league and after respec Avatar of fire but kept the ascendency "Every hit can ignite" and the skill scales DoT very well.

Did the test in The Quarry with the gem on lvl 1.

Yeah, once I push the hit variant to a decent limit I may repec it to a psn spec. I really think it would be pretty op, the hits you can get going on single target are just nuts.
About to enter maps.... and woof. This skill does not feel good.

People keep saying "bOw bUiLdS nEeD iNvEsTmEnT" but not like this. And the absolute EYE CANCER is another major downside.

The potential is there for Single Target. Especially if you can "pre-load" your damage. But this build feels like it is lacking and also like it was balanced around having some 50+ arrows on the ground.

I'll be swapping to Spectral Helix I think as that seems to at least do damage without the big ass ramp needed.

If everyone else is liking it, good for them. Maybe I am playing it wrong. But this skill seems underwhelming.
"
solester00 wrote:

People keep saying "bOw bUiLdS nEeD iNvEsTmEnT" but not like this. And the absolute EYE CANCER is another major downside.

The potential is there for Single Target. Especially if you can "pre-load" your damage. But this build feels like it is lacking and also like it was balanced around having some 50+ arrows on the ground.

I'll be swapping to Spectral Helix I think as that seems to at least do damage without the big ass ramp needed.

If everyone else is liking it, good for them. Maybe I am playing it wrong. But this skill seems underwhelming.

Happens a lot with new skills.

Idk why they even release new skills when 80% of them are awful, people then gets frustated when they tried them as league starters.

I cba playing new skills at the start of the league, is just to much rng.
"
solester00 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUzZt27LzE

You can check this build out for some insight, this person seems to be making it work fairly well
"
Corwynt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUzZt27LzE

You can check this build out for some insight, this person seems to be making it work fairly well

This is really nothing special, im at that stage as well.
Try to put lightning arrow in place of storm rain, without even changing anything in the build clear is multiple times better, and even single target without barrage isn't bad in comparison.

Skill also has terrible animation, with lot of attack speed you can't see shit on the screen, way too excessive.
"
And the absolute EYE CANCER is another major downside.

I did a test with Ballista Totem and the ground was almost completely blue haha
Well, I was levelling with Caustic and just got this from the quest and it feels awful.
It felt great with GMP before 2nd lab, but after switching & swapping GMP for mirage archer it just feels really bad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info