Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

Ya im kinda over the current leveling process, maybe its beacuase ive done it probably over a couple hundred times! So maybe its not PoE itself actually, but i am not not alone here and if many many ppl leave becuase of this and other things there wont be much of PoE left.
Spark now deals more base damage and has reduced growth. This results in it dealing approximately 40% more damage at gem level 1, 10% more damage at gem level 20, and less beyond that (it deals less damage than it did before at gem level 40, but higher or the same at all other levels).

Gemlvl 40??
"
samulis wrote:
Okay I feel like I'm totally done with PoE for good. This never ending nonsensical nerfing and forced meta shift crap finally showed me the true nature of GGG. They want to play God and decide how we the players should play they game. If you play it the way they don't want to you'll get punished along everybody else.

As many have seen GGG devs are way out of touch and I'm afraid there is no going back.

I feel like PoE was the most fun when the devs screwed up or overlooked some funky interactions between uniques or something like that. Those fun moments never lasted too long before they were "fixed"

I don't regret spending my money and time on PoE. It could have become something truly amazing.

Goodbye and good luck. May my wrists rest in peace.

Goodbye and see you Friday.
So, i don't have a problem with nerfs to clearspeed and damage, considering that there's been constant powercreep with every single past patch. So that's fine with me and so far the manifesto mostly makes sense to me (except for the 2nd assassin nerfing, which is viable for no other build than poison..).

Then again, please introduce some long overdue mechanics like a death recap or something similar that shows you what you died of and how. It's very annoying to die over and over by some stuff and you can't even figure out what the problem was.

Also, lowering some of the damage spikes would also be a welcome change if gameplay is to be slowed down at all. Being oneshot by something without being able to tell what it was is by far the worst thing in the game imo, even worse than slow gameplay due to playing a bad build.

There are other QoL things i would appreciate, but those are just mandatory for a game like PoE at this point imo. I don't need auto-pickup, i don't need auto-trading, that's all fine by me. (although, being able to auto-sell like 6 items would probably make prices on some stuff drop as right now it's not worth to sell anything at below a price of 1 chaos if you're not only gonna be trading in your hideout).
Last edited by Archernar on Jul 20, 2021, 5:40:36 PM
"
koopadoop wrote:
"
nehio wrote:
I'm the casual everyone speaks about ... and i won't have time to play this anymore

You have 3 months to do anything you want in the game. You don't have to be like tyty and clear the game in 48 hours

You are wrong while u r right. ... He (the casual) has 3 months to do anything he wants instead of the otherwise 48h he needed before 3.15. That's what u said and I bet it is wrong.

Also it is wrong because I bet he already needed 3 month to not reach everything he wanted. Now he needs 3 month + ~40% (DMG Nerf) + Act 1 Power Buff to not reach his goals.
"
phlaistar wrote:
"
koopadoop wrote:
"
nehio wrote:
I'm the casual everyone speaks about ... and i won't have time to play this anymore

You have 3 months to do anything you want in the game. You don't have to be like tyty and clear the game in 48 hours

You are wrong while u r right. ... He (the casual) has 3 months to do anything he wants instead of the otherwise 48h he needed before 3.15. That's what u said and I bet it is wrong.

Also it is wrong because I bet he already needed 3 month to not reach everything he wanted. Now he needs 3 month + ~40% (DMG Nerf) + Act 1 Power Buff to not reach his goals.

The drop in player numbers shows pretty significantly that most players do not use 3 months of time to reach whatever they want. I'd guess (without seeing the statistics right now) that most players quit the league after a max of 1 month.
I loled quite hard when I read the disclaimer that underused skill gems were not being buffed to make up for the nerfs to support dkill gems... this is gonna kill builds variety even further and it's just laziness, you don't have any excuse like with killing harvest where the same items that were being used to make certain builds viable, were instead over powered on mainstream builds
*looks at manifesto*

Well, I don't see anything wrong here. Just some redditors whining about how they have to learn the game instead of one-shotting Sirus.

*laughs in popcorn skeleton build*
Nerfing player damage so theres interaction with the enemies is a great thing, just bursting map bosses in a fraction of a second indeed is boring

That said... maybe you guys should considering also reviewing enemy damage? From my experience, PoE is a game where the lack of interaction is forced both ways: There is room for players to min-max their damage too much, ill not argue that and its a nice thing to have ir slowed a bit, but on the other hand, monster damage also sort of forces it on the players because everithing here(esp latest content like legion, delirium, swarms of ritual/ultimatum and maven trials) hits like a train. Theres really little room to trade blows with the monsters here, pretty much every time you make a build more defense-oriented that try to take it slower, you end up drown in swarms of delirium monsters or struggling against a map boss that have sirus-like bursts of damage with a little help of map mods so the only option ends being killing them before they kill you.
I mean, heck, have you guys actually tried to complete a maven trial of uncharted realms with a character that does not bursts every boss before the next one appears? trading blows with the bosses there is just not a thing, you burst them or you die, theres really no middle ground there, taking it slow on ritual is also not a thing, you get literally drowned and the monsters will kill you by almost literally piling on top of you

Maybe considering a global toning down of the damage output? Because its kinda hard to take it slow and not go for the insta burst route atm, even if you are not a power player
Never had a game play with my emotions like this before. They give us harvest (gets excited) they gut harvest (gets sad) they give Aisling bench (gets excited) they gut Aisling bench (gets sad). Also just a thought from me a nobody... Path of exile doesn't "start" until the campaign ends. Players don't really even start playing their builds until lvl 70. I understand you want players to care about the campaign you worked so hard on. But I don't think your gonna make fetch happen on that one. People just wanna blow through it so they can start the endgame which is the best part of the game. Stop giving players power then ripping it away next season. Plz stop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info