Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

dawalla bratan
How serious is GGG about hearing criticism when apparently they are removing the most critical posts and at the same time also removing references to those critical posts getting removed?

It feels like ever since GGG got bought by $0.10 or however that deal worked, they suddenly have been trying to control a narrative on their forums and in social media, which really wasn't something they ever did prior to that.

Honestly if the game is going to be made harder, the rewards should also be done in kind.

Make a game harder but give players less rewards and they will not want to play the game.

Zizarin had a great point in his live stream a few minutes ago when he said Chase items are what help make things rewarding.

He was also right in that Sirus is perfectly balanced on the risk reward ratio whereas all the other bosses really are very poor when it comes to reward for the risk it takes to take them down.

I have a feeling without a proper reward you are going to see way more burnout in this league and it even started in the last League when they nerfed loot drops.

And I think you're going to start seeing some behaviors that the developers weren't expecting.

It became a thing a while ago to run breach for leveling and skip the bosses.

I wonder how the developers will feel when players play the game and Skip all the bosses?

Or get bored playing the acts and leave because act bosses don't drop even level appropriate fun rewards?
Not my onslaught abyss jewel.... Fuck me
Special Thanks from Slave Drivers spectres!

They now will die right after being summoned lol
Deep rest to the dead is assured now.
"
Over time, the introduction of new mechanics, updates to existing balance and improved collective understanding of the game has caused the damage of characters to be way too high. Many players are able to complete mid-difficulty boss fights in a fraction of a second, without any interesting interaction. Our ability to create interesting boss fights and monster combat is removed when players are routinely killing those monsters or bosses before they have used a single ability.

I really don't know if I'm feeling happy because GGG finally figure out this, or if I'm felling angry because they are figuring out it now, when we have been talking about it for at least 3 years (yeah, some of us have been saying that even before).

At least, this time, do it rightly and don't turn back because of dumb people on reddit.
A friend and I have been in the lab with Concoction utilizing Unarmed stacking items, I'm thankful that you warned us in advance that it won't work like we hoped.
Less Whining More Grinding
I guess I just don't understand where GGG is going with this. They want to slow players down and I'm ok with that, but there's still some serious issues with visibility and monster damage. How can you expect us to play more tactical when some enemies are super BS and will one shot you out of nowhere? There needs to be some balancing there GGG. This game ain't Dark Souls...
"
Vaildez wrote:
Nerfs are fine and whatever but when you take away the "fun" in the game wtf is the point of playing?

Found a comment that suits my vision exactly.

WoW was making new and fun talents each expansion, then they started making numeric changes only, like "15% is now 10%". See where it is now.

"Achieving Blizzard quality". Way to go.
Problem: Players are having fun in Path of Exile.
Solution: Remove fun.
I strongly suggest you take another look at Minion Damage Support. Having a downside of reduced minion health makes no sense to me at all.

If the goal of this league is to reduce player power / clear speed, then you can do so without limiting player choice of what to play.

All this does is make leveling as a summoner even more painful unless you use a temporary minion like skeletons or raging spirits.

Having a downside like reduced attack/cast speed or reduced movement speed would be better, or even no downside but a lower multiplier. Reduced clear speed is tolerable, but having to potentially constantly resummon your army leads to frustrating gameplay.

If what you say is true, that players should expect an overall 20-40% reduced damage output, that means minions take longer to kill enemies, which in turn means they will take more damage compared to before. So in this league minions will take much more damage than before and have 25% less health. This seems like it would hurt a lot of builds for no good reason.

Limit clear speed without limiting build diversity, please.

Edit;
Forgot to mention you also said you would be increasing mobs health and damage as well. This means minions take even more damage than I originally thought. Speaking from experience, I could see my endgame geared summoner with all defensive nodes and cluster jewels lose Zombies to some end game content. With these changes I would not touch that skill ever again. Losing minions like spectres is an awful experience, especially during some boss fights. You should avoid players experiencing this as much as possible and find other ways to make the game challenging.
Last edited by Zerucos on Jul 19, 2021, 8:49:17 PM
I liked the format of the manifesto, referring to the transcript of the livestream, just would be nice to have the italics more obvious or just put quotation marks or indent it.

I love the nerfs and meta shake-up, certain things feel a bit over-kill like archmage but overall I'm excited to try new skills.

I found myself super annoyed at wanting to remove deterministic crafting behavior... I took a break this league because I was so annoyed about the rationale of the harvest changes (I hated harvest and wanted it nerfed but the rationale that explicitly made clear no intention of ever implementing real crafting with incremental upgrades felt super disappointing).

Last thing I wanted to say: I am ok with the game getting harder and it taking longer to get through content, but then the end-game mapping grind should be adjusted to not make it feel terrible if we go through the game slow. Not sure how you can achieve this or if it's possible with our priors but in any case, the game feels super grindy at end-game, it has kept many of my friends from giving PoE a real shot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info