Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

So this is what I got from the manifesto:

- Most builds lost dps, gained utility
- Much harder to mitigate statuses now
- Easier to apply statuses on bosses
- Elemental bow skills and traps got buffed
- Poison and slam builds got nerfed (I think summoners as well?)
- Non-combat movement skills and second wind support got heavy nerfs

Anyone care to add or correct me?
THE GAME CLOSES WHEN LOADING AN ANY LOCATION, STARTED AFTER TODAY'S UPDATE
FIX IT PLS
"
Shaostie wrote:
So this is what I got from the manifesto:

- Most builds lost dps, gained utility
- Much harder to mitigate statuses now
- Easier to apply statuses on bosses
- Elemental bow skills and traps got buffed
- Poison and slam builds got nerfed (I think summoners as well?)
- Non-combat movement skills and second wind support got heavy nerfs

Anyone care to add or correct me?

They added a single damage to Icestorm LOL
"
FlammDumbFox wrote:
"
Seismic Trap now deals 40% more damage at all gem levels. Seismic Trap's small bursts now have radius 9 (up from 7, i.e. 28% more area of effect). Seismic Trap's large bursts now have radius 18 (up from 12, i.e. 50% more area of effect).

It should be 65.3% and 125% more area of effect respectively, no?

Increases to AOE in PoE are actually increases to radius of a circle, rather than area of a circle. So if you had an item that gave you 50% more AOE, it would increase a radius 12 skill to a radius of 18.

You're correct if you mean literal increase to area of the circle, though.
I'm all for making PoE a more difficult game again but WoooWeeee! is this tearing the band-aid off, and I feel like its being done without any thought on how to treat the flesh that's being ripped off with it.

My major concern is how things will progress in the game now. Even in the current state of things being "overpowered" it takes A LOT of dedicated time to get through, and now with things getting so difficult it will taken even MORE time.

Here's the problem how I see it and this is just my opinion:

The reason players are gravitated towards the builds that kill bosses in fractions of a second is because even with all that power it still takes a tremendous amount of time to get through the content, way more than the majority of the player base can give. So naturally you are going to see a large influx of the player base doing what they have to in order to make those builds. Do you think the average player is farming the hundreds of exalts it takes to afford the gear for said builds? NO, they are going and spending real money for it. If real money trading didn't exist, I'm very confident in saying that you wouldn't see NEAR the amount of people running around with 100m+ DPS builds. The gear is simply too hard to find and craft (thanks harvest nerfs) for the average player to get by legit means.

Now on the flip side with all these nerfs there will still be overpowered builds, but they will be even more in demand because progression is going to take much longer. So now I believe you will see the player base being funneled into an even smaller pool of builds, not more. The prices for such gear will skyrocket and demand for real money trading with it.

I hope I'm wrong, but when you release the mid league notes about popular classes and builds. I think you are going to see the opposite of "build diversity".

Oh damn. I was right to quit this game after the mess that was Delirium. lmao I'm 99% sure the lag spikes still happen once you enter a Delirium mirror too.
But hey, at least we had Metamorph. <3 Such a nice league that didn't require me to play 16h/day but instead was so much fun that I ended up playin 16h/day anyways.

I just find it super weird that they want everyone to take more time doing the acts but they don't do anything to change them or spice them up. It's literally the same content, but slower. Such a weird concept/vision for their game. I guess they are all in PoE2 and godspeed PoE players.

Good luck boys. See everyone in a year or something.
Well you did it GGG. After 6000 hours of playtime you manage to make me quit... Was a ride. But you have lost your mind. Not many years ago Chris talked about that POE is no longer his game but the players game and yet here you are talking about your vision even though hardly any of you play the game. Tencent really did a number on you huh?

GLHF to all was fun.
Movement speed should simply be higher overall.

Having boots without 30% movement speed feels terrible, and only because of movement skills that problem could be avoided to be a game breaker.

Would be reasonable to simply give boots a implicit for movespeed instead of making it a mod that mods simply dont have (they are boots, having them should always give you movespeed, just like a shield will always give you block).
Also, a bunch of unique boots are simply unplayable simply because they dont have 30% movespeed, and its completely artificial and annoying that they dont.
Boots simply having 1% movespeed per quality would allow a 30% quality boots to always have a implicit 30% movespeed, much much more enjoyable and a not just random if you get the mod or not (as you have to craft it on boots to not hate yourself playing the game).

Smokemine was clunky to use, but having the extra movespeed all the time with a teleport AND charges was just unbeatable good, in addition to blind. Also the extra movespeed combos with flame dash to teleport even further.

still, moving around quickly is what ensures PoE is not boring.
The slower you move the more miserably the game becomes (just try to play with no movement skill and 0% movement speed, its god awful).

----

Nerfing damage is reasonable, as the game is overall more enjoyable if you can see a boss for once and not just 1-hit everything all the time.

To have very rare and hard to get items, crafts and combinations that result in a crazy power creep is fine, if someone gets to that point in a timeframe of a league they deserve it (so it should never be easy).

To double corrupt an item for extra mods is more enjoyable gamble as a controlled crafting guide and veil mods, getting the best items should be a very high risk and reward, not just do what a guide tells you to do crafting items.

----

Dying to a super strong bleed is annoying, as is dying to Poison if you cant remove it, you basically have to teleport or log out, and thats the default action if you see you are dying ...

Chill is a much better condition to work with than outright freeze (as even a 1 second freeze is absolutely deadly, its not fun, its just "ups you die" , as is getting chain stunned, thats just conditions that have no room for gameplay, they are just killing you and thats it).

Oh and reflect damage ? Same deal, its way to high with current damage values, "maybe" with 40% damage reduction it will do something to reduce the 1-hit suicide , reflect should really never kill a reasonable geared character just outright but make a map considerably harder, not impossible.

Curse maps have a similar issue. Instead of permanently having a curse it would be more fun gameplay if the curses would cycle on the player in timed intervals , like 5 second of temp chain, 5 second of vulnerability and so on, then its once again just making a map harder and a player has to work with the mechanic, rather than rolling a new map as its just unplayable annoying to do.

----

If movement speed feels too awful i certainly stop playing this league very quickly.
So many years of development to come to a point where the only chalenge we have to face every league is a lunatic Dev trying to deconstruct the whole game... Such a shame.

Create new tiers of maps and mobs and chalenges with no increases on the build capacities? No, ofc not. Let's destroy builds and nerf everything. The only chalenge will be the devs and their reverie.

There goes another 93% of players :)
I like all the nerfs because Im a hardcore player and purpose of hardcore player is more difficult = more fun.

BTW, poe royal WHEN. Its dope AF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info