[3.15 WIP] Saboteur Crit BL Mines (Life League-start/SSF to Budget LL ES All Content Viable)

Just want to reiterate to everyone how important a proper a detonation sequence is for mines— for both Stormblast Mines with the increased damage taken aura and BL with High-Impact and Demolition Expert, you really want to detonate a big stack for single target, only detonate once during the sequence, and continue laying mines during the sequence if you can.The difference is night and day for effective damage output once you get this down.
Last edited by jpypoe on Jul 25, 2021, 2:28:18 PM
I'm considering using Eye of Winter instead of Ball Lightning endgame, any opinions? For leveling now at least, it seems to clear way more than BL and single target damage seems to be about the same.
"
freebo_be wrote:
I'm considering using Eye of Winter instead of Ball Lightning endgame, any opinions? For leveling now at least, it seems to clear way more than BL and single target damage seems to be about the same.

Can’t comment on any of the new gems as I haven’t done anything with them yet but I plan to do some experimenting with both Storm Rain and and Eye of Winter at some point. We’re not using BL for clear while leveling (we’re using a 3-4L Icicle Mine) and we’re not using it for clear at all without gem swapping Slower Projectiles for LMP, but that works better once you have more passives, ascendancys, and links to support BL. GL with Eye of Winter, feel free to share your findings here!
Last edited by jpypoe on Jul 25, 2021, 2:43:15 PM
Yeah, I was levelling with Icicle mine first and then figured I'd try BL mines but indeed wasn't as good as Icicle mines. Eye of winter however feels like a better version of Icicle mines so I'll gladly use this while levelling and once I reach endgame see how it holds up vs BL.

Either way, thanks for the great guide!
Where does our dps come from, i really do not see it.
I mean map dps, every mine build can shrekt bosses, but in maps i struggle to clear yellow league and legion packs. I do not die but they take forever.

I know i do not have best in slot items here, but we are talking about tier 1-3 maps here.

I assume that i've missed some important step somewhere.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
"
CAKE wrote:
Where does our dps come from, i really do not see it.
I mean map dps, every mine build can shrekt bosses, but in maps i struggle to clear yellow league and legion packs. I do not die but they take forever.

I know i do not have best in slot items here, but we are talking about tier 1-3 maps here.

I assume that i've missed some important step somewhere.

First and foremost you should have Slower Projectiles in the BL link for single target, this is not optional as the impact it has on effective damage output is enormous. Second, at the point of 5 link or more I would recommend gem swapping Slower Projectiles for LMP if you want clear for mapping then swapping back in Slower Projectiles for bossing. I’m on my phone but the other option is not gem swapping the BL link and using a 4 link Icicle Mines (+faster projectiles + Trap and Mine Damage + Charged Mines), this is what we use prior to 5 link BL but I think the former is probably better clear at 5 link or more BL if you don’t mind gem swapping. You need Pierce support for Icicle Mines if you didn’t pick up the Pierce passive cluster near Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics.

Also, at a quick glance I can tell you’re straying from the guide. Follow the guide and we can go from there.
Last edited by jpypoe on Jul 25, 2021, 7:03:55 PM
So essentially GGG caved and are making a bunch of changes because Reddit was aflame and player base numbers took a drop post changes (pikachu face) once people got pushed out of their comfort zone lmao. I think this sets a horrible precedent for the dev team if they genuinely intend to head in the direction they made it appear they wanted to head and the changes they made originally for the most part were manageable if you actually wanted to invest time into your build and adapt. Expect some updates soon, one of our auras is almost certainly gone if the OP Arctic Armour goes live and if the changes to mana multipliers are big enough Inspiration might be back off the table. Flasks will be looked at again as well.

TLDR; we’ll be even stronger when the planned changes go live, there are no more nerfs
Link to post on full planned changes

E: after reading the spell description of Arctic Armor a bit more I’m not sure it will be very good, particularly if you need to remain stationary to keep the immunity.
Last edited by jpypoe on Jul 26, 2021, 11:26:26 PM
Look forward to the changes am really enjoying this build thanks alot
"
casper3111 wrote:
Look forward to the changes am really enjoying this build thanks alot

Glad you’re enjoying it, keep an eye out for PoB updates and updates to the guide.
I'm level 71 now, starting with low tier maps. Tier 1 - 3 are fine damage-wise but it's very easy to die. I've spent all the currency I got levelling (about 35c) getting to 3000 life like the guide says but I've only been able to reach 2.6k HP.

Got any tips? Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info