[3.15 WIP] Saboteur Crit BL Mines (Life League-start/SSF to Budget LL ES All Content Viable)

"
Also you mentioned Added Lightning Damage but IIRC my most recent PoB no longer included that besides the awakened version. Make sure you’re looking at the most recent version because I did make changes specifically for mana on all trees and I’ll double check that the most up to date version is provided in the guide when I get home from work.

I think might've had a different Ball Lightning build pulled up when I replied to you the second time around since I've been hunting for solutions to this mana problem, that's my bad. Guess that means you'd replace... Elemental Focus instead? If you were to keep Ball Lightning and use Inspiration, that is, but that would drop the mana cost to a significantly more manageable 18 mana reservation per mine. Hadn't considered swapping the skill out entirely, but that's definitely a possible solution!
Last edited by Astroelmeria on Jul 22, 2021, 6:19:43 PM
"
Astroelmeria wrote:
I think might've had a different Ball Lightning build pulled up when I replied to you the second time around since I've been hunting for solutions to this mana problem, that's my bad. Guess that means you'd replace... Elemental Focus instead? If you were to keep Ball Lightning and use Inspiration, that is, but that would drop the mana cost to a significantly more manageable 18 mana reservation per mine. Hadn't considered swapping the skill out entirely, but that's definitely a possible solution!

Elemental Focus would be a likely target for the swap but I’d have to compare in PoB to be sure. Another good thing there is they changed ailment threshold for bosses you you may be able to get some decent shock too, hard to say because BL is naturally lower damage per hit but hitting often.

E: Trap and Mine Damage could be a good target too depending on socket colors because (at least pre nerf) their added damage was the same but Elemental Focus didn’t make you lose mine throwing speed. Once you have access to Anomalous I’d value Trap and Mine Damage over Elemental Focus. Sorry, going off memory here at work.
Last edited by jpypoe on Jul 22, 2021, 6:28:38 PM
"
jpypoe wrote:
"
Astroelmeria wrote:

Elemental Focus would be a likely target for the swap but I’d have to compare in PoB to be sure. Another good thing there is they changed ailment threshold for bosses you you may be able to get some decent shock too, hard to say because BL is naturally lower damage per hit but hitting often.

Would theoretically be shock for free, yeah, though I've no clue how strong it would be exactly because of what you just said. I'm personally banking on my build's 4L CwDT Cold Snap having a strong enough chill to apply a decent Bonechill debuff to bosses, but I have a lot of chill-effect increases throughout that should help make up for its somewhat small damage hit. Not sure how practical it'd be to add shock-effect increases to your build, though.

Edit: Elemental Focus was the same numerically before, but PoB now has it at 34% more instead of 49% more, which Trap and Mine Damage kept. Did check on the new/changed support gems post and that is accurate based on what's there.
Last edited by Astroelmeria on Jul 22, 2021, 6:33:40 PM
"
Astroelmeria wrote:
Would theoretically be shock for free, yeah, though I've no clue how strong it would be exactly because of what you just said. I'm personally banking on my build's 4L CwDT Cold Snap having a strong enough chill to apply a decent Bonechill debuff to bosses, but I have a lot of chill-effect increases throughout that should help make up for its somewhat small damage hit. Not sure how practical it'd be to add shock-effect increases to your build, though.

Edit: Elemental Focus was the same numerically before, but PoB now has it at 34% more instead of 49% more, which Trap and Mine Damage kept. Did check on the new/changed support gems post and that is accurate based on what's there.

So we lean on them not wanting to nerf traps and prioritize that over Elemental Focus, then. lmfao
Do you think Born in Shadow is a good Ascendancy to get more tanky? Does Blind Enemies on hit work with mines?
"
Ironfrank123 wrote:
Do you think Born in Shadow is a good Ascendancy to get more tanky? Does Blind Enemies on hit work with mines?

No but Blind nearby enemies works quite good. Blind on hit and blind nearby enemies both work.
The leveling guide recommends you get it first. You can optionally keep it all the way to end game, more recently on standard with the LL ES variant, awakened gems/8k ES/Aspect of the Spider I wasn’t using it but I need to test post changes. Aspect of the Spider in particular will be a lot harder to fit in.
Last edited by jpypoe on Jul 23, 2021, 5:16:28 PM
Is the icicle mine link in the levelling section for early bossing?
See below, sorry.
Last edited by Astroelmeria on Jul 23, 2021, 1:23:16 AM
"
jpypoe wrote:
"
Ironfrank123 wrote:

No but Blind nearby enemies works quite good.
The leveling guide recommends you get it first. You can optionally keep it all the way to end game, more recently on standard with the LL ES variant, awakened gems/8k ES/Aspect of the Spider I wasn’t using it but I need to test post changes. Aspect of the Spider in particular will be a lot harder to fit in.

On-hit effects do work, blind from that ascendancy node included. The mines should inherit the properties of your hit, but they're the ones hitting. So anything that would give YOU, the player, a buff/debuff would be attributed to the mine instead, hence why leech/on-kill effects/etc. don't work.

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by Astroelmeria on Jul 23, 2021, 1:24:59 AM
Firstly, brilliant guide and very comprehensive. Hats off to you for that one

Secondly, will definitely follow you build for the new league, but quick question regarding leveling section. I noticed it has ball lightning - minefield but isnt linked to either blastchain or high impact mines? Im assuming its just an mistype bacause i was under the impression that minefield does not turn ball lightning into a mine skill on its own

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info