Dual Wield Physical Dmg Crit Claw Blood Magic Marauder (need feedback)

"
Some good information here.

Would you suggest 2h for a physical damage build then? I'm currently working on a Marauder physical damage build. I'd like to be as viable as possible for end game, if that means switching from Dual Wield to 2h that's not a big deal right now.

Or is physical damage just not really viable for end game at all? Any links to good physical builds would be appreciated.

I assume that your post was more directed towards VenatorPoE but I will add my 2 cents in...

For a Marauder 2h physical Ground Slam seems the most direct since maces don't have Intel and Dex requirements (as far as I remember). Heavy Strike, Glacial Hammer, Infernal Blow, Dominating Blow, Leap Slam and Lightning Strike work with maces as well. I'm going to suggest getting Enduring Cry because endurance charges are really good. There is a life regen. per endurance charge node in the Marauder start area that is really good. Many players pick-up the Unwavering Stance passive to counter getting stunned (hit recovery). To deal with physical reflect mobs in the end-game you can use a good amount of armor, life, and granite flask(s). Elemental damage is countered with resists and flasks that temporarily buff your resists.

The issues I encountered with my dual wield build idea were:
- the skill I chose (Cyclone) and its damage penalty
- the lower damage potential of claws
- penalties to dual wield (such as not using a shield)
- the marauder starting area has very few crit. chance/multiplier nodes

There is an active thread in the Marauder forums titled "[Newbie Friendly] MARAUDER MELEE BUILD v3.00" (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072). I don't have a character crafted from the build in that thread. However, it is a very active thread given the post count, the OP keeps up with the patch changes, and its based on Ground Slam.
Critical Hit Jump Jets... Critical Hit Jump Jets...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info