[3.20] Hollow Palm Railgun Juggernaut (various slam skills) | V High DPS | League Start | FEARED

I was able to craft a decent helm which is definitely an upgrade over the Starkonja's

I rolled mana reservation efficiency with the new implicit items so I really don't miss the pride reservation enchant either.

I also managed to buy the Aspect of Carnage jewels for a pretty insane damage boost.

I am thinking of experimenting with Unstoppable over Unrelenting. In your guide you mentioned that it isn't worth it but I think it would really help. There are so many slows in this game now that I think it would very useful. We do take unwavering stance but we could just spec out of it to get an extra skill point. It would also make it easier to trade in Cyclopian for a synthesis belt with 15% dex while still keeping our freeze immunity. Which would also make it a lot easier to cap resistances.
"
Navidon wrote:
I was able to craft a decent helm which is definitely an upgrade over the Starkonja's

I rolled mana reservation efficiency with the new implicit items so I really don't miss the pride reservation enchant either.

I also managed to buy the Aspect of Carnage jewels for a pretty insane damage boost.

I am thinking of experimenting with Unstoppable over Unrelenting. In your guide you mentioned that it isn't worth it but I think it would really help. There are so many slows in this game now that I think it would very useful. We do take unwavering stance but we could just spec out of it to get an extra skill point. It would also make it easier to trade in Cyclopian for a synthesis belt with 15% dex while still keeping our freeze immunity. Which would also make it a lot easier to cap resistances.

That reservation implicit is definitely a nice substitute if you can't get the reservation on the jewel implicits, though I still prefer rolling more damage on the helmet implicit.

As for Unstoppable, you should definitely not substitute Unrelenting out. If anything, take out Unyielding instead. Unrelenting not only helps cover for resistance deficits or elemental weakness, it also gives us a good chaos resistance boost and lowers the taken amount of damage quite significantly.

Unyielding is worth swapping out for Unstoppable. Let me know what good it does for you.
Arian Synthesis of G3
I'll think about it some more. I am afraid not having Unrelenting will make the playstyle very awkward. I've already died in maps with the 'monsters can't be stunned' mod on due to losing endurance charges there. You have to allow yourself to be hit constantly but not too much.

If only Kaom's Roots could have sockets. A Kaom's with +1 maximum endurance charges would be insane but we can't spare the sockets.

'Monsters steal charges on hit' is also borderline unplayable even if you do get charges on stun.
I tried this build and it is really fun with quite good damage, but I just do not feel tanky at all. Anyone have a few pointers what I should improve? Mainly degen effects and burning/poison are a big problem for me.
"
LTKI wrote:
I tried this build and it is really fun with quite good damage, but I just do not feel tanky at all. Anyone have a few pointers what I should improve? Mainly degen effects and burning/poison are a big problem for me.

As for burning, I havn't updated the pantheon changes but I use Soul of Abberath now, helps a lot.

For poison, I can only really recommend a poison immunity flask, but havn't really come up with a different idea for that yet.

Degen is a weakness for sure if there's nothing to leech and Maven orbs should be avoided.

The build can facetank quite a lot with the leech, but once leech is gone, the build becomes quite squishy indeed. I You can try taking out Vaal Pact, run 2 Unset Rings and pick up Enduring Cry. It's an option I havn't written in the guide and it helps for those that feel vulnerable with no regen.
Arian Synthesis of G3
I'm trying to farm some maps with searing exarch influence and I am getting killed constantly as well. I do try to reroll maps when the mods are above average difficulty. I am mindful of not picking the hardest options when get an altar but I still die a lot in those maps.

On a more positive note I got the vulnerability implicit on my helm from all the orbs

Quick idea: Because of the Pride/Eternal Blessing combo (makes pride free), adding Determination is do-able. I removed Maim from my ancestral duo and got two unsets to make this work (one more socket for EB, one for Det). Could also try to double corrupt rings for an aura to make room for the maim again I suppose.

Little less DPS (no maim) but Determination is kinda huge with MS/VMS and armor-based gear for survival.

Thought about maybe Purity of Elements instead of Det, then being able to take more armor from the tree instead of all the ele res nodes...but haven't put that one into action yet.
"
Navidon wrote:
I'm trying to farm some maps with searing exarch influence and I am getting killed constantly as well. I do try to reroll maps when the mods are above average difficulty. I am mindful of not picking the hardest options when get an altar but I still die a lot in those maps.

On a more positive note I got the vulnerability implicit on my helm from all the orbs

I've found that the kitava heralds (of course) and the bone scorpion looking guys that shoot out the spike bundles that explode like porcupines are the worst for this build.

Just got insta-killed by one of the latter...had crit on the map, +phys on the mob from the league mechanic. Thought I'd be fine with MS and flasks up, but nope. One-shot. Then came back hoping it was a lucky crit and got one-shot from off screen again. Don't mess with those guys :D
Hello, nice build, though I've got 2 questions:
- why do you not make use of Iron Reflexes ? Doesn't it complement Magebane + makes use of evasion one get from Starkonja ?
- if one were to invest in a Forbidden Flesh, which mastery would you recommend ? I am thinking about few, ordered by priority: Unstoppable (goodbye chill, temporal chains, zombie tar), Bane of Legends (reflect immunity + some dps), Born in Shadows (you can get blind from chest, but this one gives extra survivability), Aspect of Carnage (great dps but lowers effective hp)
"
Redthorne82 wrote:

I've found that the kitava heralds (of course) and the bone scorpion looking guys that shoot out the spike bundles that explode like porcupines are the worst for this build.

Just got insta-killed by one of the latter...had crit on the map, +phys on the mob from the league mechanic. Thought I'd be fine with MS and flasks up, but nope. One-shot. Then came back hoping it was a lucky crit and got one-shot from off screen again. Don't mess with those guys :D

Those Kitava's Heralds are universally considered the worst haha. Usually I can do the Archnemesis mobs pretty well. If I use treant horde I just spam Vaal groundslam to kill them all as quickly as possible but every now and then I make one that I struggle with.

I actually did level an Explosive Arrow Ballista Champion as they're very tanky and a good back up plan for when I struggle with something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info