Patch 3.14.1d - Video Memory Utilisation Improvements

"
We look forward to your feedback about the upcoming patch.

At this point I read this line as sarcastic.

"Good job, exile" - Alva, after character death.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on May 18, 2021, 3:01:41 AM
that didint took long at all
Just scrap this shitty implementation alltogether!

Even if they finally do not get scraped instantly again, you increased loadingtimes 3 times as much!

For what? NOTHING...
"
DaFerg wrote:
"
Glowy wrote:
"
Melaviy wrote:
Ok. How about ultimatum improvements? Or it works fine for you?
How about you let them address one thing at a time, hmm? Do you need to come in and ask about Y when the topic is about X? No.

Goodness me, hostile today aren't we?

Sure he was a bit aggressive, however, I must say that I do kinda agree with him. After an announcement or news post, I do scroll through the first few pages of comments to see the response towards the improvements and I'm getting slightly annoyed every time I see people yelling about other issues. It's just not fun to read. They should be spamming the feedback&bug parts if they have issues.
Just past your post there's a few toxic guys about completely different topics. Do you find that okey or?
I only hope my third PSU wont die while playing this game.
About time. I have a very strong machine and the game is barely playable. I almost die from freezes every time I launch an event like Ritual or Legion.
So, how much of VRAM should be enough to get back to normal gameplay (pre-streaming textures) 4/6/8 GB?
Last edited by ziuteczek123456 on May 18, 2021, 4:29:55 AM
Really small thing I noticed - posted by Community_Team.
You made a very good choice, this may finally stop some of the personal attacks.
Finally. Happy to see this is being fixed. Its unfortunate that nearly 2 leagues in and still there is no definitive fix and this will require further iteration. But at least we're being told...something. I want to support the game but I can't bring myself to keep paying for things in a game that doesn't work to a basic standard, nearly a decade into its existence.
Last edited by Virtuosity87 on May 18, 2021, 5:29:15 AM
I mean it's great that stuff won't be aggressively purged from loaded assets for no reason anymore (hopefully) but I feel like this won't fix the issue of obnoxious load times for assets even when they are being loaded from an m.2 drive with 3gb read and write.

Like even if assets don't unload all the time so we don't see the playdoh assets that often, the fact they show up at all on hardware that should load the basic assets of poe instantly is a huge programming issue that really needs to be addressed. If this wasn't an issue you'd have had a lot less people being bothered by the unloaded textures since they'd load in instantly again for a lot of people and those people wouldn't even notice. This is the real issue at hand in my opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info