[HC] Gankstaboo's Ranger Guide (RoA, LA) 18k DPS RoA Ranger

"
Mephasm wrote:
Nope, I use Rain of Arrows. Wrath and + lightning damage on gear make nearly half my damage lightning.

Alright, then I'll have to use poebuilder to analyze the difference between the Scion build you posted and my adaptation of Boo.

So the differences are as shown below.

Assuming Level 92, your Scion build compared to mine has:

Pros

1) +213 Life
2) +1 Frenzy Charge
3) +8% Aura Effect
4) +20% Increased Shock Duration
5) +38% Increased Attack Speed
6) +6% Increased Movement Speed
7) +40% Increased Evasion And Physical Damage Reduction Rating
8) +52% Physical Damage Reduction Rating

Cons

1) -36.4% Evasion Rating
2) -6% Increased Attack Speed with Bows
3) -12% Base Aura AOE
4) -24% Resist All Elements
5) -75% Increased Projectile Damage
6) -24% Increased Weapon Elemental Damage

So yup, pretty much between the differences between both builds really. Still not convinced that the Scion adaptation works better.

IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Wishinan on Nov 16, 2013, 9:32:46 PM
"
Wishinan wrote:
"
Mephasm wrote:
Nope, I use Rain of Arrows. Wrath and + lightning damage on gear make nearly half my damage lightning.

Alright, then I'll have to use poebuilder to analyze the difference between the Scion build you posted and my adaptation of Boo.

So the differences are as shown below.

Assuming Level 92, your Scion build compared to mine has:

Pros

1) +213 Life
2) +1 Frenzy Charge
3) +8% Aura Effect
4) +20% Increased Shock Duration
5) +38% Increased Attack Speed
6) +6% Increased Movement Speed
7) +40% Increased Evasion And Physical Damage Reduction Rating
8) +52% Physical Damage Reduction Rating +%

Cons

1) -36.4% Evasion Rating
2) -6% Increased Attack Speed with Bows
3) -12% Base Aura AOE
4) -24% Resist All Elements
5) -75% Increased Projectile Damage
6) -24% Increased Weapon Elemental Damage

So yup, pretty much between the differences between both builds really. Still not convinced that the Scion adaptation works better.

That's a pretty good analysis, you forgot 20% chance to shock though.

Your build does get more damage, but I built mine as more of a tank. There are lots of map bosses that do ridiculous physical damage and will eat you alive with low armor.

Another issue is reflect, the more damage you deal, the more you take. I can do double reflect maps but it hurts quite bad. With all that extra damage you would probably one shot yourself. A good way to increase DPS without dying to reflect is getting attack speed, as it lets you control the amount of damage you deal more easily.

I guess it really comes down to preference, but in HC, I would go for defence over damage.
Could we have an update on the builds passive tree please?
"
Neonbabz wrote:
Could we have an update on the builds passive tree please?

up
you messed up all your passive tree links, none of them are actually what you posted them as
Still clueless as to how you could possibly run a 5L RoA without bloodmagic as your 5th link. It costs way too much mana so you are made to spec into the bloodmagic keystone, which makes no sense to me as you waste 5 points doing that and you miss out on auras which would otherwise increase your damage by more than the weapon elemental damage gem already does.

I loses about 5k dps on using the weapon elemental damage gem instead of blood magic.
Gear
Spoiler

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbFE0VIBcvGYUZihn-GjgajxsBI_YkqimlKk0s6S2DMZ4yCTJ-Mok1kjboNuk6UjrhPAU8LT8nRmlG10p9SshM_03jTipV1lb6V-JYr1pIW69k52aeZ6BsFmxGbqpybHRBd-V4DX11gKSDOIPbh3aI8YuMkAqQVZcGn9-iAKTCplenhKfUqW6sWa9stfK3PrvjwBrEosWKxq7OcdN-3BXdDeFz42rnY-w47SDuDu9673zv8PAf8kX22vrS-wn8S_zF_gr-j_66_sg=

Maybe the difference would be less if you were to run a utility aura (purity/grace) over haste/wrath/anger, which I'm using.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Nov 19, 2013, 6:50:05 PM
"
"
Neosoph wrote:
"
alkoxide wrote:
both of the RoA builds have Kaom's heart, but what do we do if we cant afford one, even at end game

make a farming class

LoL what a stupid answer Kaom`s is one of the expensivst items ingame you can farm for Months or even Years befor get one or get the currency to buy one.

If you cant afford it just make it like me get a Chest with High HP as possible you can get some res ther too to add some more survi.

Greetings Frankenstein

He is correct though, that is how the game is played.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
"
wmd221 wrote:
you messed up all your passive tree links, none of them are actually what you posted them as

Seconding this. PLEASE fix your passive skill trees asap, they're all identical (20 points spent) except the "end game" spec, and even that is not complete. I want to follow this guide but I'm afraid of spending passive points if it's wrong.
"
Ashtaroth2 wrote:
"
wmd221 wrote:

Seconding this. PLEASE fix your passive skill trees asap, they're all identical (20 points spent) except the "end game" spec, and even that is not complete. I want to follow this guide but I'm afraid of spending passive points if it's wrong.

The passive skills have not been fixed because this guide was for Open Beta. He has not updated it for release (1.0.0 and later). It seems like he has not been playing anymore so do not really expect this to be updated.

There are some other guides out there currently. This one that I am looking at right now is "inspired" by this guide. The link is right here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/553230

Although not as thorough as this and missing some stuff. I have been looking at both of them to kind of make my own kind of leveling progress and build.
Bloodlines IGN: WhatsDisSkulls
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
Still clueless as to how you could possibly run a 5L RoA without bloodmagic as your 5th link. It costs way too much mana so you are made to spec into the bloodmagic keystone, which makes no sense to me as you waste 5 points doing that and you miss out on auras which would otherwise increase your damage by more than the weapon elemental damage gem already does.

I loses about 5k dps on using the weapon elemental damage gem instead of blood magic.
Gear
Spoiler

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbFE0VIBcvGYUZihn-GjgajxsBI_YkqimlKk0s6S2DMZ4yCTJ-Mok1kjboNuk6UjrhPAU8LT8nRmlG10p9SshM_03jTipV1lb6V-JYr1pIW69k52aeZ6BsFmxGbqpybHRBd-V4DX11gKSDOIPbh3aI8YuMkAqQVZcGn9-iAKTCplenhKfUqW6sWa9stfK3PrvjwBrEosWKxq7OcdN-3BXdDeFz42rnY-w47SDuDu9673zv8PAf8kX22vrS-wn8S_zF_gr-j_66_sg=

Maybe the difference would be less if you were to run a utility aura (purity/grace) over haste/wrath/anger, which I'm using.

Uh lose Faster Attacks, and add Weapon Ele Dmg. Not sure why you'd think faster attacks is core when you're already doing pretty fast APS with the bow and passives. You're playing too greedy with attack speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info