[HC] Gankstaboo's Ranger Guide (RoA, LA) 18k DPS RoA Ranger

Guide was very nicely made..
It was simple and too the point.

One thing i really appreciate was how you went over the zones you should farm till what level.
So many people have been curious as to how they can just farm to level fast and this guide tells you how.

Definitely worth the bump!
you're a boss. thank you.
"
minabiss wrote:
you're a boss. thank you.

<3
IGN= Gankstaboo
nice guide ganksta
IGN: NujARC
Nice guide :)

one thing:

"
Gankstaboo wrote:
Which spec is better???
...if you come across a Elemental Reflect Pack you can litterally chose what you are hitting, instead of spamming a Lightning/Split arrow shot into it and it chaining a bunch of times and then you dying...

I have to disagree with this assessment.

I have a LA build. I have the Life gain on hit support gem in the skill chain and have not yet committed reflect suicide to either Phys or ele reflect monsters.
This is despite my having less than 3k health, AND having relatively high damage on my LA. my LA dps listed in the tooltip is over 2.1k.
Admittedly I have pretty much max'd out my resists. I am level 74.

My stats:
Health: 2854
Merciless Resists: 80/76/80/65
6L skill: LA - Life Gain on hit - Weapon Elemental Damage - Lesser Multiple Projectiles - Faster Attacks - Chain
Weapon:

In terms of auras, I use Grace, Wrath and Anger. I have spec'd blood magic.

Last edited by dlthe on Apr 5, 2013, 1:05:24 AM
When I played LA I never had a problem with reflect maps around lvl 66-70.. Reflect becomes a problem at 73-77 Maps for me. Which I feel is where RoA becomes superior. 20 Reflect monkies on Bog I can 100% spam. 20 Reflect monkies on Gorge I CANNOT spam. I will actually fall over dead.
IGN= Gankstaboo
I love your guide! it's almost perfect but why didn't you include your dps output and HP? also your resists.

When do you start switching from poison to roa?
Last edited by Cresenth on Apr 5, 2013, 4:48:05 AM
"
Cresenth wrote:
I love your guide! it's almost perfect but why didn't you include your dps output and HP? also your resists.

When do you start switching from poison to roa?

i guess i should include that all!

i switched from LA - RoA when I almost 1 shot myself on a 74 map.
IGN= Gankstaboo
Last edited by Gankstaboo on Apr 5, 2013, 5:43:50 AM
So it´s not necessary to take Static blows if a LA ranger is using Resolute Technique in ur opinion? Even with conductivity?

I will spec out of it right now and spec into berserking 15%ias instead and see if I will miss the shocks. On rare/bosses I use frenzy so I guess I wont be missing the shocks there.

Nice guide dude helped me clear out a few things I was wondering about :)
Someone missunderstood how shock and Static Blows works. Nice pointers in the guide otherwise, thanks. http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Shock#Shock "10% chance to shock on hit"

"
You will STILL not be able to do enough dmg to shock a Boss, OR, a rare. In Fact, you might not even be able to shock a Magic Mob, and if you do. The shock duration will be for MAYBE .04 of a second. So the 3 points wasted to do the cookie-cutter Static Blows/Shock Duration Nodes, are WASTED points.

Minimum shock time with only static blows passive is 0.4s cant be lower than that and certainly not 0.04s. 0.4s is if you do only 1% of mobs health as damage and if you have to shot thrash 100 times to kill them shock is not your problem.
Last edited by Gnoticar on Apr 5, 2013, 12:06:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info