Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[HC] Gankstaboo's Ranger Guide (RoA, LA) 18k DPS RoA Ranger

Gankstaboo's Hardcore Guide To Bow Ranger!!! From level 1-90!!

GANKSTABOO's RoA BUILD
>>>>>>>>>>>>WAS CREATED BY GANKSTABOO AND HOCHEP!!!!!!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<

[ONS] CI Build. ;)

Things you need to know before reading:
This is a guide to BOW RANGER only specs!!! I will be covering Lightning Arrow Ranger, Split Arrow Ranger, Rain of Arrows Ranger.
This Guide will be IN-DEPTH and a VERY long guide. This is to help the best and the worst get better at the game... So I am trying to keep it as full of information as possible!
Any questions you have can and will try to be answered when posted in the comments below!

GANKSTABOO's GEAR!!!:
Spoiler

My Stream! www.twitch.tv/gankstaboo

Early Game:
In early game I would recommend using Poison Arrow and Fire Trap/Bear Trap. It is one of the most effective leveling abilities in the game right now (even after nerf)

End Game:
I wouldn’t step into Maps until lvl 74(you can do docks until 74) another Milestone is Merciless Vaal. I took on Merciless vaal at 3k Hp in a group of 6.... This was a VERY bad idea.
I HIGHLY suggest waiting until you are at 3.3k HP and SOLO or DUO Vaal for the highest chance of success.

Builds:
Remember, when transferring from 1-80 build to End Game Build you will need to Regret A LOT of points... end game build is for Specific gear only.

Stat Requirements:
It is ALWAYS okay to pick up Savant/Dex/Str Nodes to be able to use the gems as you are leveling. Orbs of Regret’s are your friends!

When should I go blood magic? I do not go Blood Magic until my Life on hit gem or LL gem is at optimal level. 10-15... Leveling as a Ranger SUCKS. Very mana intensive and you need to learn to Spam abilities off of your mana pots filling up your mana pool.

Point Blank - Yes or No? Quote from DefaultPam
Spoiler
"
Point Blank is a keystone I neglected for a while, I expected the damage bonus to be problematic for reflect, but it turned out to make it easier for me.
Playing in melee always happens, and defensive gear isn't that costly.
With this build, you're taking survival nodes because you're going to get hit at some point, so why not benefit from it ?
the 50% more increase is huge, roa works really well with point blank, and it doesn't cost much to get it. If you're playing with static blows, you'll trigger shock on more targets, and you can reach stun threshold level. There's no equivalent on the skilltree for such a bonus (outside of pain attunement - and even then it doesn't compare).
Against Reflect, as you're going to run in melee range, you'll have more time to react, and since you're paying more attention to mob composition, exposure and such, it's safer to play with a dangerous playstyle.
Against hard physical hitter, you can still benefit from a decent bonus while hitting them with the edge of the aoe, just don't overcommit for the sake of it against Vaal.
You need to be melee to snipe loot anyway.

Lightning Arrow Ranger Builds:
1-40 Spec:

1-80 Spec (LIFE HEAVY, YOU CAN SPEC DMG):

End Game Spec:(6L Lioneyes, Alpha's Howl)

Rain of Arrows Ranger Builds:
1-40 Spec:
1-80 Spec(Life Heavy.. YOU CAN GRAB DMG):
End Game Spec:(Kaoms, 6L Lioneyes, Alpha's Howl)

Which spec is better???
Spoiler
It is 100% PERSONAL PREFERENCE. The Reason why I chose Rain of arrows is due to the fact that if you come across a Elemental Reflect Pack you can litterally chose what you are hitting, instead of spamming a Lightning/Split arrow shot into it and it chaining a bunch of times and then you dying... I believe RoA is safer and more Effective. It also replaces your single target ability and allows you to get rid of a 5L for Kaoms.

Leveling:
Spoiler
As a first time player I would recommend staying 5 levels ahead of each zone you are encountering. Remember: Side Zones like Flooded Depths, Fetid Pool, Ship Cave are IMMENSELY tougher than the straight path to the end of the act. You can **ALWAYS** go back and finish quests that are not needed to progress. Even now when I am leveling, I Always go back to earlier spots and finish up missing quests.

Potions:
Spoiler
Here are the potions I run:
Spoiler

It is VERY important to roll your potions. A potion rolled to seething or panicked can save you in many situations.. Even as you are leveling!!
The Reason I run these potions is because 1: Freeze will kill you, Burning will kill you, and Curses will kill you.
My SEETHING potion is my Spam pot.. when I am taking an INSANE amount of dmg, I can spam 392 HP 3 times. and it acts as an INSTANT 1200 Heal.. I can't explain how many times this has saved me in my leveling/end game content.

A REALLY common death is due to the Tentacle Miscreations and Whipping Miscreation. Whipping miscreations apply Vulnerability Curse Which you take more Physical dmg and you are able to be stunned longer! So a common death is a Sequence of getting whipped (vuln Applied) and then getting Shot Repeatedly by a Tentacle Miscreation, which will therefore kill your character. HELLO DEFAULT. I Roll my Warding Potion(Curse Removal) on a Granite Potion cause it grants Curse Immunity for a longer period of time.

Quicksilver Potion: I use an Ample Quicksilver of Adrenaline. I use Ample because of the 3x Use. I Can use it 3 times before having to kill for charges! Where unlike Perpetual and Surgeons you can use them Twice before having to kill.

What you need to know for Acts I, II, and III
Spoiler

Act 1: You need cold resist for Merveil(end boss). Try to stray away from Fetid Pools quest until you are level 10(Roahs are SCARY, I have the Death Vod to prove it. :D) Ship Cave is another tough area filled with Flicker Strike Pirates!!! A lot of deaths have been caused due to this area!

Act 2: When in Act 2 you need to look out for Chamber of Sins. Make sure you have decent Lightning Resist!!! In the Western Forest you want Fire Resist!! Areas Like Dread Thicket and Church Dungeon are SIDE AREAS, and as stated before are tougher than the normal path quests. The Weaver's Chambers is another Flicker Strike heavy area... it can be VERY scary.

Act 3: Entering Act 3 you have a chance to encounter Perpetus!! (Looks like a giant crawling slenderman that throws BEAR TRAPS and casts Ethereal Knives!) When Farming the City of sarn try to stay towards the SOUTH WEST wall.. don't venture north until you have the gear/skill it takes to fight him! Act 3 is very tough with Chaos Dmg Snakes, Fireball bugs, and Lightning Arc Casters. Make sure you have ALL resists at max when you are here. Also.. Watch out for PUNCTURE... Does dmg as you run.. it is terrible.

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal: Help Oak! (Health is always good!)
Cruel: Get that skill point! KILL ZEM ALL
Merciless: This point is 100% up to you! If you are going to use Frenzy as your single target ability then I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Frenzy Charge from Helping Kraityn!

How to Level:
Spoiler
Normal: Get to Ledge, Farm until lvl 15. Progress to act 2. Get to Fellshrine Ruins and farm it until 24. Then Progress to Act 3. Farm City of Sarn until 30. Progress to Docks and Farm it until 33. Progress to Cruel!
Cruel: Ledge Until 40! Fellshrine Until 45! City of Sarn until 50! Docks until 55!
Merciless: Ledge until 60! Progress Safely! Judge your farming areas based on Skill/Gear

Treat Fellshrine Ruins like you would Ledge... Stay along the concrete path. Kill big packs and skip the Rock Golems..(they are a pain in the ass)

Gems needed and how to link them!

Spoiler

Quality Gem Priority: Rain of Arrows/Lightning Arrow>Life Leech/Life on Hit>Faster Attacks>Weapon Elemental Damage

Rain of Arrows:
Spoiler
4 Link Rain of Arrows, Concentrated Effect, Life Leech/Added Fire Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage

5 Link Rain of Arrows, Concentrated Effect, Life Leech/Added Fire Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks

6 Link Rain of Arrows, Concentrated Effect, Life Leech/Added Fire Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks, Blood Magic (allows you to UNSPEC out of Blood Magic and use Mana Reserve Auras!)

Lightning Arrow:
Spoiler
4 Link Lightning Arrow, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Weapon Elemental Damage, Life on Hit

5 Link Lightning Arrow, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Weapon Elemental Damage, Life on Hit, Chain

6 Link Lightning Arrow, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Weapon Elemental Damage, Life on Hit, Chain, Blood Magic (allows you to UNSPEC out of Blood Magic and use Mana Reserve Auras!)

Split Arrow:
Spoiler
4 Link Split Arrow, Life on Hit, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks

5 Link Split Arrow, Life on Hit, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks, Chain

6 Link Split Arrow, Life on Hit, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks, Chain, Blood Magic(allows you to UNSPEC out of Blood Magic and use Mana Reserve Auras!)

Single Target Ability (you can apply the same supports to Elemental Hit):

Spoiler
4 Link Frenzy, Life Leech, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks

5 Link Frenzy, Life Leech, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks, Added Fire Damage

6 Link Frenzy, Life Leech, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks, Added Fire Damage, Blood Magic

Life on Hit Vs. Life Leech:
Spoiler
Life on hit is GREAT for multiple targets.. For High dmg Single target abilities you want life leech.. Life Leech is applied AFTER dmg while life on hit is applied immediately.

Misc Gems:
Spoiler
Bear Trap + Added Fire Dmg + Bear Trap + Culling Strike (gives you 6 Bear traps to throw!!! INSANE DMG) Obviously you will need a 3 Link with G-R-G-G

BRO TOTEM(CAN'T go wrong without it!) - Spell Totem, Summon Skeleton, Minion Life, Faster Casting . This allows you to cast a totem SUPER fast to summon skeletons while you PewPewPew.

Decoy Totem. Nuff Said.

Auras:
Spoiler
Grace, Anger, Wrath, Purity/Vitality, Determination, Hatred, Haste

Rolling Gear!!!
Spoiler

Bows: Alt Until High Lightning Dmg and Attack speed. Then Regal for the extra Ele Dmg. If you do not get it, Scour and start over!

Armor: Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos and end up with nothing good.

Quivers/Ring/Belts: I collect these. and sell 5 at a time to the vendor to get 1 back! Very Effective.

Belts: Alt until Life/Resist! Then Regal for another Resist and Exalt x3 (expensive but profitable if you are lucky)
IGN= Gankstaboo
Last edited by Gankstaboo on Aug 1, 2013, 12:35:29 PM
Good tutorial. Pretty organised.

First.

Erm...
+1, nicely done Gankstaboo.
http://twitch.tv/MartinCreek
Where the fuck is the exalted you promised me
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
nice guide and nice guy seen on streams few times helped me out with 6l for auras, however i didnt like it bm gem seems so weak :( and with 20% FA dmg output is close vs running auras
"
cawley wrote:
nice guide and nice guy seen on streams few times helped me out with 6l for auras, however i didnt like it bm gem seems so weak :( and with 20% FA dmg output is close vs running auras

The auras you get from running BM gem is not fore dmg but for mitigation, Purity, Vitality, Determination. In End game you have enough dmg. So Staying alive is what counts! Appreciate the comments!
IGN= Gankstaboo
Hands down the best archer possible atm.
Played this on softcore with the same items for the last week and still managed to die 2 times tho, that's how good I am.
"
Quivers/Ring/Belts: I collect these. and sell 5 at a time to the vendor to get 1 back! Very Effective.

What do you mean ?
"
KaXXoR wrote:
"

What do you mean ?

if you have 5x ilvl 70+ Quivers. you can sell 5 of them at once to get 1 rare quiver back from the vendor at the lowest ilvl sold.

ie; if you sell ilvl 77, 66, 75, 56, 65
you will get a rare ilvl 56 quiver back.. so make sure what you are selling is ALL around the same ilvl of the stats you want.

you can do the same with belts, rings, boots, gloves, anything to be honest
IGN= Gankstaboo
Awesome guide man!!! :D <3

I feel that you'd be farming quite excessively in Normal though... I find myself rushing to farm maps and only farming it a couple levels past the map level.

Of course you wouldn't be able to get away with it for Merciless/Cruel...
Last edited by weirdjunk on Apr 3, 2013, 9:20:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info