[3.15] Fire Burst Elementalist - Use (almost) any skill (or none) in the game.

"
Hodor___ wrote:
"
satirever wrote:

It's actually not too bad to get usable dps on a budget. I can't link a PoB at the moment, but a budget setup with just 1-5c uniques, a basic staff (fire burst and crafted fire dot multi only) without even any 6 links needed can hit 1.5 mill ish dps. Damage is hugely buffed with any elemental flat damage on hypnotic jewels. Use incandescent heart, malachai ring, emberwake and 5 hypnotics. Search 55-60+ flat elemental damage (incl two handed wep and suffix ones) or chaos/phys (weight lower due to incandescent) and there's tons on trade right now for 1c.

How would you boost your chaos res on a budget to use Incandescent Heart? I have enough currency for the golem jewels, but not enough for the Glorious Vanity jewel + cluster jewels.

With the budget setup you should have enough rare slots to fill chaos res to 75% without divine flesh. If really struggling could sacrifice anointment for the double chaos res exclusive anoint. Bit harder going halfway with primordial chain without chaos small clusters too since they give a good chunk and youre down some gear slots to build.
Last edited by satirever on Apr 27, 2021, 7:54:55 PM
"
satirever wrote:

How would you boost your chaos res on a budget to use Incandescent Heart? I have enough currency for the golem jewels, but not enough for the Glorious Vanity jewel + cluster jewels.

If you look for rares with an open suffix, you can now craft chaos + other res on them from your bench. It's really pretty neat.

I'm trying this build now and it's very cool fun. I'm only in the campaign but ultimatums are just a joke now and I haven't died in one yet, unlike my other build this league.

I feel the endgame jewels will be hard to get but not impossible by any means.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this build, it's really neat.
"

If you look for rares with an open suffix, you can now craft chaos + other res on them from your bench. It's really pretty neat.

I'm trying this build now and it's very cool fun. I'm only in the campaign but ultimatums are just a joke now and I haven't died in one yet, unlike my other build this league.

I feel the endgame jewels will be hard to get but not impossible by any means.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this build, it's really neat.

They aren't that bad. I paid like 1.5 ex for each blowback jewel, farm low level ultimatums for a couple hours and done. You can grab 6 node for like 70c. In the end it cost you 4% life, not that big of a deal.

Damage jewels aren't terrible either if you set up an instant search and don't just buy what's been sitting there for 3 days, there is a reason they aren't selling. Overpriced.

I picked up a 7% life/16dex/16% fire damage for 20c. And a dex/life/phasing/2h spell flat damage abyssal for 15c.

Is it good to put in medium cluster jewels another Burning Brights?

And also im wondering where should I invest my currency right now.
I was thinking about changing medium cluster to have only 4 passives, and maybe chest armour then?

"
mrpknight12 wrote:

I was thinking about changing medium cluster to have only 4 passives, and maybe chest armour then?

Burning bright with blowback is fine, almost all of them except cremator offer something useful.

I think it goes blowback + wasting affliction > burning bright > cooked alive for dps.

4 or 5 passives on mediums is the same amount of skill points needed. So if you have 5 passive, keep those.

If your jewels are good, next would be dual curse chest imo. Add despair in your hextouch setup 6L.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
mrpknight12 wrote:

Burning bright with blowback is fine, almost all of them except cremator offer something useful.

I think it goes blowback + wasting affliction > burning bright > cooked alive for dps.

4 or 5 passives on mediums is the same amount of skill points needed. So if you have 5 passive, keep those.

If your jewels are good, next would be dual curse chest imo. Add despair in your hextouch setup 6L.

Ok, i see.

And what exactly mean "dual curse"?
i have no clue what i should look for.
Also this despair should be swaped with my other gem on my chest or what?
Sorry for my questions but I'm a noob.

I feel kinda squishy right now in t 14/15 maps.
I get one shoted more often then i want, and i dont know if that's problem with my gear or what.
Sry 4 my english :P

"
mrpknight12 wrote:
"
bodhe wrote:
"
mrpknight12 wrote:

Ok, i see.

I get one shoted more often then i want, and i dont know if that's problem with my gear or what.

I got way more comfortable in high maps when I got 5k life. And two flasks for life.

I am thinking on doing a 5-6 link cast when damage taken on the chest to get immortal call and something else for the defense. I am running wave 4link and it is fine.
"
mrpknight12 wrote:

Ok, i see.

There is an affix that allows you to apply a 2nd curse. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/EbkLv4t5

Once you have one of those you can drop smite, add in despair and when you use wave of conviction it will apply 2 curses instead of one.

Our physical mitigation is low and until you get your block chance nodes and around 5k life you will get popped from time to time. I am currently running a small cluster with Rote Reinforcement for additional block chance and endurance charge on block. Having 3 endurance charges helps a bit against phys damage.

Make sure you keep phasing up with either phase run gem or phase on kill jewel. Our biggest defense is never having to stop, I've ran tons and tons of t16 ultimatums to the end with no problem. Keep your flask up and don't stop moving. This newest patch made it easier too, with the rares capped they feel a bit too easy now.
Ok to start with Im a noob. Lots of hours but little knowledge.

I have a bastardised version of this running and love it so far. Saving for the clusters at the moment which are pretty expensive with the large on running at 7EX and the others a couple of ex each.

My question is the POBs are old and say 3.13. There is a tree for what I assume is no clusters but it doesnt match with the skills, that is the non cluster tree has warcry nodes yet the POB doesnt specify what skills you should be running.

Any chance of updating the POB to make sense with skills and non clusters vs clusters and where I should be putting points.

Also if warcrys are needed pre cluster what crys with what supports?

Great build and fun at the moment running low tier !

Thanks

"
Ok to start with Im a noob. Lots of hours but little knowledge.

I have a bastardised version of this running and love it so far. Saving for the clusters at the moment which are pretty expensive with the large on running at 7EX and the others a couple of ex each.

My question is the POBs are old and say 3.13. There is a tree for what I assume is no clusters but it doesnt match with the skills, that is the non cluster tree has warcry nodes yet the POB doesnt specify what skills you should be running.

Any chance of updating the POB to make sense with skills and non clusters vs clusters and where I should be putting points.

Also if warcrys are needed pre cluster what crys with what supports?

Great build and fun at the moment running low tier !

Thanks

You don't have to have the exact jewels in the PoB, you can get a burning bright/plus anything useful (not cremator) for as cheap as 30c. Start with that, then when you're min maxing after farming currency you can get better ones. No reason to gimp yourself waiting for a 7ex jewel.

I probably shared the PoB before removing the old discharge trees, I used that tree and a base when putting this build together. Re-import the PoB and I changed a couple thing around to make it a bit more defensive and grab unwavering stance for stuns.

Just grab cheap clusters to get it going, then minmax down the road. I've farmed about 20ex with this build just chaining t16 maps and completing every ultimatum.
Last edited by bodhe on Apr 29, 2021, 12:12:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info