[3.15] Fire Burst Elementalist - Use (almost) any skill (or none) in the game.

"
satirever wrote:
Making my own version of this at the moment.

*snip*

Otherwise fairly similar.

Yeah I guess there are two ways to approach this, the golem way and the non-golem way. I have really only ever played the golem way since the golem buff elementalist was born with the ascendancy changes. I really, really love the golem buff elementalist and think it is one of the best and versatile build platforms now.

I also really appreciate the OP doing a build guide which is not golem focused as that approach is way, way cheaper this league with the popularity of golem elementalist.

I guess the other choice for ignite builds is between Malachai's Artifice and Blackflame. Last league I did the dual Obliteration + Fan the flames semi-auto-bomber elementalist and I did it with Blackflame and Wither totems + Withering Step for rituals. Also had Despair on hit so that Obliteration explosion hits would apply the curse.

Hey, very interesting, keen on trying this out, but one question: Doesn't Ignite Prolif screw up the Ignite spreading from Abberath's Hooves? Trying to wrap my head around that one :)
Last edited by XenoPOE on Apr 27, 2021, 10:59:37 AM
"
satirever wrote:

Differences in gear:

Amulet and jewels - primordial chain, Anima stone and two eminences give 36-ish flat phys damage reduction with a level 22 chaos golem and clusters which is huge. Expensive right now but it's similar or better damage than a rare Amulet and flat damage jewels with huge defensive (Regen and phys res) upside.

I also run an enduring composure small with +2 endurance Max clusters for a total of 56% flat phys resist before flasks or armor. Also allows cwdt immortal call.

Clusters - larges are 8passive primordial bond for good damage boost and defense boost.

Divine flesh with Xibaqua jewel with 3x born of chaos for 89-90% max chaos res depending on your Xibaqua seed.

Chest - incandescent heart is amazing. All damage ignites so the 20% elemental to chaos is a huge dps boost. 25% elemental hits taken as chaos also means your effective ele resists with divine flesh is over 85%.

Helm - blizzard crown rare is by far BiS here for the huge flat cold damage at no downside since damage is ignite.

Malachai's is great. Second ring is emberwake - huge dps boost, as you get two ignites easily from prolif and abberaths.

Storm brand to apply fire burst to bosses and keep mobile.

All in all, should have 56% flat phys reduction before flask/armor, 85-90% after, ~85% ele resist to hits and ~82 to dot, 89% chaos res, 1.2k life regen and cwdt immortal call

Looks like a great setup, but looking at the prices of some of these items (not familiar with most), it seems multiples more expensive.
"
satirever wrote:

Looks like a good setup, I wanted to work in incandescent heart but started looking how to support it and the price tag kept increasing. I may switch to something like that later in the league, for now this is cheap to get off the ground and makes farming ultimatums ez mode. That's mainly what I built this guy for.

"
lampicka95 wrote:
I would suggest to get phasing somehow, probably on jewels. I found it extremely strong in Ultimatums.

It's part of the gems listed, chance on kill jewel is fine too.

"
XenoPOE wrote:
Hey, very interesting, keen on trying this out, but one question: Doesn't Ignite Prolif screw up the Ignite spreading from Abberath's Hooves? Trying to wrap my head around that one :)

It still works, I was told on reddit to try it without prolif, supposed to chain better without it. I just like to prolif so much on ultimatums because you end up with half the floor covered in prolif and the mobs just spawn and die.
"4 million dps easily reachable" - PoB has probs 100ex of gear OP doesn't own just to make 4 million dps.

That staff alone is gonna be nigh impossible to make without harvest. 4 affix jewels with life, transcendent mind, ignite speed cluster jewels this league, etc. Not to mention using smite buff to bump the numbers up seems kinda PoWarrior-y when you would realistically never want to be in a melee animation with this build.

I like the Fire Burst builds but I feel like you're kinda false advertising them here. The build you have assembled isn't cheap and isn't easy to get your hands on either.
"
relnala2 wrote:
"4 million dps easily reachable" - PoB has probs 100ex of gear OP doesn't own just to make 4 million dps.

That staff alone is gonna be nigh impossible to make without harvest. 4 affix jewels with life, transcendent mind, ignite speed cluster jewels this league, etc. Not to mention using smite buff to bump the numbers up seems kinda PoWarrior-y when you would realistically never want to be in a melee animation with this build.

I like the Fire Burst builds but I feel like you're kinda false advertising them here. The build you have assembled isn't cheap and isn't easy to get your hands on either.

I never said it was cheap, it's not a league starter. Doesn't need to be. By easy I meant not needing a pile of harvest crafted influence gear, like burning arrow last league. Its all life/res rares, and cheap uniques.

The jewels are your main currency sink, what else are you going to spend it on? Last league I finished with a fully built burning arrow build and gave away 115 ex on top of it at about the 1 month mark. If you don't have currency to throw at the build, don't. I'm currently running around doing t16 ultimatums on less than 5 ex of gear.

If you think you need everything you listed to play the build you're wrong. And if you think everyone plays a 60c starter build all league you're also wrong.

Also, I use smite on all bosses, nothing else to do with my time. Flame dash to them, smite, WoC. Run in circles around them.
"
relnala2 wrote:

It's actually not too bad to get usable dps on a budget. I can't link a PoB at the moment, but a budget setup with just 1-5c uniques, a basic staff (fire burst and crafted fire dot multi only) without even any 6 links needed can hit 1.5 mill ish dps. Damage is hugely buffed with any elemental flat damage on hypnotic jewels. Use incandescent heart, malachai ring, emberwake and 5 hypnotics. Search 55-60+ flat elemental damage (incl two handed wep and suffix ones) or chaos/phys (weight lower due to incandescent) and there's tons on trade right now for 1c.
"
satirever wrote:
"
relnala2 wrote:

It's actually not too bad to get usable dps on a budget. I can't link a PoB at the moment, but a budget setup with just 1-5c uniques, a basic staff (fire burst and crafted fire dot multi only) without even any 6 links needed can hit 1.5 mill ish dps. Damage is hugely buffed with any elemental flat damage on hypnotic jewels. Use incandescent heart, malachai ring, emberwake and 5 hypnotics. Search 55-60+ flat elemental damage (incl two handed wep and suffix ones) or chaos/phys (weight lower due to incandescent) and there's tons on trade right now for 1c.

Lots of uniques and need 80+ chaos resist? How to do that?
"
satirever wrote:
"
relnala2 wrote:

How would you boost your chaos res on a budget to use Incandescent Heart? I have enough currency for the golem jewels, but not enough for the Glorious Vanity jewel + cluster jewels.
Ohh very cool to see this build posted! I've been doing a version of this in SSF and I'm finding it to be extremely strong and fun. It was a pretty big pain getting hysteria to drop in SSF even with spamming Hamlets. I don't have a lot of the uniques but the build still definitely works without all that.

I'm also using fire wall for added single target damage. Obviously my ST is trash right now since it's SSF and it's my first league doing SSF (I'm really bad). Sirus was not an issue at all.

Ideally I'd go full golem buff setup I think, but not too sure.
Last edited by dogbaby22 on Apr 27, 2021, 6:55:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info