[3.17]⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Occultist⚡ 5M+ DPS Leaguestart | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
Anyone know how this build performs with league Mechanic? I think It would be good with freeze, but swapping builds and want something for league mechanic.

the end build is probably great (low life is always strong) but the starter life build is not.

without the call of the brotherhood (currently 60C each) and with a low life pool (because league start bad gear) ultimatum runs you over. block is not a great mechanic. it's a lot like evasion, you miss the block with a lowish life pool, and you get one shot. in the case of the ultimatums the mobs are stupidly big and fast, and just, LITERALLY, run you over.

i went into maps with a 4L and it was a disaster. having a really hard time. i got myself a tabula (luck void card) and so damage went way up and things got a little more reasonable.

But even with TR, i can barely complete ultimatum 1st wave in t1 maps at level 74. (i'm still missing my 3rd ascendancy).

however...i just figured out that i really need to be using a granite flask, DUH, so we'll see if that helps.

meanwhile, i have found that using the three dragons helm as a poor players call of the brotherhood substitute works pretty well, as the freeze mechanic is key to slowing things down.

take all of this with a grain of salt. i'm not a particularly good player, it's possible i'm doing other stupid things (similar to the granite flask problem), or it may be that i just need to get my EHP increased (only 3k right now, and 700 ES).

I started with it as well and can confirm some of the points.

I looked up her current leaguechar and she respect a little bit as well. Basically drop the shield and crit notes in the upper right parts of the tree and get the life/es wheel close to pain attunement, the 2 es points near the powercharge in templarstart and the life/chaos res points. Look at my profile for example. After that i used ahns heritage as a fill in and doryanis catalyst for +2max res and spell leech. i bought items mit t1-t3 life for each other slot for max 3c (doing chaos recipe in blood aqueduct). this put me at around 4k life and ~800es for early maps. Because of vaal reliquary keys i got a cerberus limb earlier than expected (25-30c) and bought a lioneyes remorse. now im sitting at a comfortable 4.8k life and 1.8k es. Then i grinded the rings. After the first ring ultimatum became way easier because of freeze.

Hope this helps. Had struggle last League on how to transition trough the different budget levels but this was my strategy this league and im happy.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
without the call of the brotherhood (currently 60C each) and with a low life pool (because league start bad gear) ultimatum runs you over. block is not a great mechanic. it's a lot like evasion, you miss the block with a lowish life pool, and you get one shot. in the case of the ultimatums the mobs are stupidly big and fast, and just, LITERALLY, run you over.

however...i just figured out that i really need to be using a granite flask, DUH, so we'll see if that helps.

meanwhile, i have found that using the three dragons helm as a poor players call of the brotherhood substitute works pretty well, as the freeze mechanic is key to slowing things down.

This is all correct so I'm just quoting as part of my answer, and I really like the three dragons idea might look into that. Before having the rings it's very easy to get cornered/stuck and killed. I will probably rework the levelling section a bit...

Once you're freezing things and damage starts to scale the league mechanic should be quite nice with the build.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Thanks very much for the feedback.

I forgot a question, is it possible to farm call of brotherhood ? as far as i can tell, there isn't, other than farming 2C recipes to eventually buy it...
"
Velyna wrote:

This is all correct so I'm just quoting as part of my answer, and I really like the three dragons idea might look into that. Before having the rings it's very easy to get cornered/stuck and killed. I will probably rework the levelling section a bit...

Once you're freezing things and damage starts to scale the league mechanic should be quite nice with the build.

well as we all know, league start leveling and standard leveling are two different things . LOL.

I agree with you, based on my experience with three dragons, things should get better when freeze really kicks in.

I also took a quick look at the PoB league start, and it's showing 5k life/1.8k ES, having that much will be a much different thing than my current 3k/800.

i can't understand how to generate power charges in this build, can you help me to figure it out?
"
sotade wrote:
i can't understand how to generate power charges in this build, can you help me to figure it out?

this build doesn't use power charges, that's why you are having trouble figuring it out.

edit: doh! i was taking about the life based starter.

the Low life version uses assassin's mark.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Apr 19, 2021, 3:23:32 PM
Well, this build is just bad as a starter. That's pretty much all there is to it.

You have no life, no defence, mediocre damage that doesn't blow up packs and you have 100c entry fee because you can't actually play this without the rings. Rerolling KEKW
"
5renzy wrote:
Well, this build is just bad as a starter. That's pretty much all there is to it.

You have no life, no defence, mediocre damage that doesn't blow up packs and you have 100c entry fee because you can't actually play this without the rings. Rerolling KEKW

I finished campaign and am into first maps now without the rings and rarely upgrading my gear.

100c is...nothing?

Thats not much required of a league starter :S
"
Marthuk wrote:

I finished campaign and am into first maps now without the rings and rarely upgrading my gear.

Your point being...? I would like to see how you're dealing with (as i specified) league mechanic without the rings

"
Marthuk wrote:

100c is...nothing?

Everything is relative

"
Marthuk wrote:

I would argue with that, because "required" and "league start" are not looking good when used in the same sentence. I've had enough league starts with different builds and never once i've reached a gear threshold this early (too squishy for white maps)

Hell, 5l disfavour is 7/10 the price of these build enabling rings. But hey, you do you.
"
5renzy wrote:
"
Marthuk wrote:

Your point being...? I would like to see how you're dealing with (as i specified) league mechanic without the rings

"
Marthuk wrote:

100c is...nothing?

Everything is relative

"
Marthuk wrote:

I would argue with that, because "required" and "league start" are not looking good when used in the same sentence. I've had enough league starts with different builds and never once i've reached a gear threshold this early (too squishy for white maps)

Hell, 5l disfavour is 7/10 the price of these build enabling rings. But hey, you do you.

Dont see the reason of you being a prick about it though?

Maybe its not the build for you, so play something else. We can have different opinions without being arrogant.

Leaguestart for me is -> get into maps to start farming so you can buy upgrades to invest in this build or buy some specific items for another. And for me, this build does exactly that.

As you may see, i was able to buy the rings pretty fast after hitting maps.

Good luck on your next character :-*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info