Chance to Flee

"Enemies hit by the linked skill will have a Chance to Flee. Fleeing enemies will attempt to run to a random point somewhere away from you until they reach the point, are interrupted, or are unable to reach their selected point and give up. If a fleeing enemy becomes stunned, their fleeing behaviour will be interrupted.
Magic monsters have a 50% chance to avoid fleeing for any reason, and rare monsters are immune to this gem's effects."

guess what.
the worst gem in poe.
use cold damage gem than this. freeze+chill are way better.
it doesnt even work on rare monster and magic monster has 50% chance to avoid it.
i don't even need fleeing to kill trash mobs.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 6, 2013, 6:10:53 AM
I really wanted to try a build based on puncture + flee.
I bought 2 blackheart ring, plus the support gem on puncture, and i tried.

Trashs die in an arrow, so flee is useless on them.
Rares and uniques are immun to it, so it's useless on them.
Magics are the only mobs who worth a flee gem, but they die so quickly, it's almost useless.

With my 45% (10+10+25) chances to make them flee, i maybe saw 10% of the mobs fleeing.

The only way to make this gem interresting is to make rares and uniques non-immun to it, they are the only ones who have enough hp to make the flee effect worth anything, or maybe i missed something in my reflexion.
Maybe this support gem could be usefull on a low damage aoe which need the mobs to spread, like something with ignite and elemental proliferation. Fire trap need the mobs to stay in the area, fireball deals too much damages on a mob to make it usefull, I only see Firestorm with elemental proliferation + flee + chance to ignite. I will maybe try it with a summoner/fire witch and see how work the combo, but i'm sceptic.
I used flee in CB when the ring would give 10% chance and I really liked it. Tough yellows would sometimes run away, and watching brutus run was great.

It is total worthless junk now. Anything that will flee, you don't care if it flees and you probably don't want it fleeing anyways.

Bring back the effect working on at least rare mobs, and preferably named. Even if its reduced effect or something.

The black oak ring sucks, this support sucks, it's probably the worst special effect in the game now. Classic case of overnerfing.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Magic monster have a 50% chance to avoid fleeing for any reason, rares and uniques have 100%

This ultimately kills a puncture/flee build.
"
Zaanus wrote:
Bring back the effect working on at least rare mobs, and preferably named. Even if its reduced effect or something.

I think devs said that fleeing works differently, so a mob is either fleeing or is not, that's it. There is no duration, only destination. So I don't think it's possible making rares or uniques vulnerable to chance to flee without a complete rework of this gem. It would be fun to see fleeing Piety, though.
I just had this idea today for a puncture/flee build since I'd never heard of it. Guess it's nothing new... but after reading this it makes it sound kind of dumb. I didn't realize rares and uniques were immune.

I'm assuming +skill or buff duration has no effect on fleeing duration.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Apr 23, 2013, 5:15:46 PM
i use it in a 'trolltem' combination for my ranger

totem + split arrow + chance to flee + blind (+chain/fork if 5link)

this is better than cold spells because to achieve freeze/chill you have to deal significant damage, that not always is possible with bow totem (low link etc) - chance to flee and blind both ignore damage.

there are however two issues - both chance to flee and blind do not have any indicator - this is a sad thing as it lowers the 'I control the engagement' feel

second - quality bonuses on both are rather meh..
"
sidtherat wrote:
i use it in a 'trolltem' combination for my ranger

totem + split arrow + chance to flee + blind (+chain/fork if 5link)

this is better than cold spells because to achieve freeze/chill you have to deal significant damage, that not always is possible with bow totem (low link etc) - chance to flee and blind both ignore damage.

there are however two issues - both chance to flee and blind do not have any indicator - this is a sad thing as it lowers the 'I control the engagement' feel

second - quality bonuses on both are rather meh..

Blind shows some kind of diamond above monsters head btw.
For bosses you could have Chance to Flee act as an additional "reduced Enemy Stun Threshold"

Take the chance to flee and divide it by X and that's your additional "reduced Enemy Stun Threshold".

Here's an example:

20/20 Chance to Flee = 57% chance for the enemy to flee

57% / 3 = 19% additional "reduced Enemy Stun Threshold"

19 + a maxed out Stun support gem brings the total to 58% "reduced Enemy Stun Threshold"
To the 58% you can add multiple stun suffix mods and go from there.

Personally I hope bosses keep their immunity to chance to flee. Just imagining a fleeing boss not only rings way too many OP alarm bells, it just seems plain wrong.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Chance_to_Flee
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Stun_%28Support_Gem%29
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Stun http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/suffixmod

OR

If the devs decide to keep us entertained by making bosses high tail it, this is what I would do.

Chance to Flee probability / 10 = boss chance to flee.

20/20 Chance to Flee would equal to a 5.7% for bosses to flee.

In addition if 5.7% seems too high, a 20 second immunity between activated chance to flee could be added for bosses. The 20 second immunity to chance to flee would keep a group of 6 equipped with it from keeping the boss running like a little girl for the whole battle.
I'm referring to spell totem spammers (sporks have it easy anyway), minions, people with insanely high attack ratios, etc.

My 2c
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
"
Lamarinstein wrote:
Is this working at all ?

I have the gem hooked to Split arrow, together with Lesser MP and Fork. That's a lot of arrows flying.

The gems says 30 something % chance and still, with all that arrows I don's see 1/3 of the monsters running away from me. They all seems to shamble around trying to attack me as usual ?

There is a reason for this. I can compare it to a "power charge on critical" support. In that case, AOE criticals grant only a single charge per attack no matter how many enemies you hit, because it is applied on an attack per attack. That would mean that the totem would cause this effect 3 out of 10 attacks on average, making such an attack affect all the enemies, rather then each enemy having a chance to be under the flee effect on one attack. I assume that by the time the totem gets this effect it probably kills all the regular mobs anyway.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it works this way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info