Chance to Flee

I haven't even noticed it working at all. Either when used with my zombies or my ice nova.
I am trying to build a crit-knockback/multi shot/piercing arrow/chance to flee build but unfortunately its not effective vs bosses because of the 100% chance, maybe a 90 -95% chance would be better?

But yea it is hard to tell when monsters are actually "fleeing" which makes it "feel" like his skill isn't working properly even though it is
I can more or less confirm that this gem has no effect when it is attached to 'burning arrow' skill.

Over the course of three hours, I didn't notice the effect once. And it's not just a visual thing, monsters were totally attacking me just as normal.

Just thought someone from dev land would like to know :)
"
sekasi wrote:
I can more or less confirm that this gem has no effect when it is attached to 'burning arrow' skill.

Over the course of three hours, I didn't notice the effect once. And it's not just a visual thing, monsters were totally attacking me just as normal.

Just thought someone from dev land would like to know :)
It's definitely working for me.
I'm very surprised you're not seeing fleeing with burning arrow, since that also has chance to ignite and many (not all) monsters will flee when ignited as well.
Maybe instead of giving Magic and Rare/Unique enemies a 50%/100% chance to resist Flee you could consider granting them a lower resistance (chance to resist Flee altogether) AND also consider lowering the flee duration by a high percentage.

For instance, an Unique Monster would have 33% (1/3) chance to resist Flee altogether and, if afflicted by Flee, its duration would be reduced by maybe 66% (2/3).

And maybe a Magic Monster would have 20% chance (1/5) to resist flee altogether and, if affected by Flee, its duration would be reduced by 40%.

That way, Flee and similar effects wouldn't be totally useless on Magic/Unique monsters.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Jul 20, 2012, 2:08:18 PM
Unmatched crowd control for non-cold
I've been using this for a while with Greater Multiple Projectiles and Fireball, enough to know that it is invaluable for a squishy fire caster (and also for lightning).

This support is the best defensive support gem in the game, it works to stop ranged attackers and melee, it doesn't depend on the damage percentage of the enemies health, and it procs often enough to be very dependable.

Along with ignite damage, and the Temporal Chains curse, I have been able to fend off attackers in emergencies with ease, and it gives me time to regroup, summon minions to intercept, and otherwise not die.

The only annoying thing about this defense is that sometimes enemies will run far away, which makes killing them harder since we have to run around and find them.

Rares and uniques are immune
Cold damage has defense built in, which works on rares and uniques sometimes, depending on the health of the enemy versus the damage output. The enemies don't wander off, but they also do not leave corpses, making it a less useful choice for summoners. Besides this one drawback, cold builds are far superior for defending against both melee and ranged, and it is especially better for bosses.

I'm not suggesting that flee be completely changed to calculate damage and percentages of a targets health, but I think it should work for rare and unique bosses. I don't want to see Brutus running away constantly, I just want a small chance to inspire a few seconds of fear in that guy. The chance should still be noticeable enough so that flee is not useless in fights with rares.

Do not change the gem so it has a rebound effect, like causing the enemy AI to target the source of this flee effect after a few seconds of duration, this would ruin it as any build besides the solitary fast caster. In groups and with minions, it's much better to have enemies picked up by others than to have everything you hit come to you after a while.

Edit: Burning doesn't cause flee for rares, but closing in on the ranged ones still does.
Last edited by ionface on Aug 5, 2012, 11:38:31 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to place this, but this looks like the best place to ask.

Does anyone know if the Chance to Flee from Wake of Destruction (unique boots) works for all of your skills?

Does it work for minions? What about if the minions are attached to a totem (skele totem)?

I currently have Skele > Totem > Chance to fear and it works according to the skill icon, but do they also get the 25% chance to flee from my boots or do I only get that benefit?
IGN: EmptyPalms
"
EmptyPalms wrote:
I currently have Skele > Totem > Chance to fear and it works according to the skill icon, but do they also get the 25% chance to flee from my boots or do I only get that benefit?
You're wearing the boots, not the minions, so you get their benefit.
I've connected this to cleave, I was expecting some kind of knockback effect but I don't notice a thing.
I've experimented with the unique ring that gives this effect, and I kinda liked it (I've since traded the ring, tho).

My only issue with the Flee effect is that there was no visual indicator that it was happening.

It would have felt more satisfying to see some kind of swirly thing over their head. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info