Freeze Mine

Is the faux damage affected by passives that increase elemental damage? (Not weapon elemental damage, but Elementalist and Celestial Walker which give a raw 10% increase to elemental damage.)
I'm pondering if I should get Breath of Rime (Enemies are chilled as they unfreeze) just for this. Anyone used that combination and can give me some feedback on the chill duration and if it seemed worth getting that?
... is not a troll
I don't really understand why this skill was designed the way it is. Why not just give it some cold damage with low effectiveness, plus 100% chance to freeze and a greatly increased freeze duration? Then it would interact in the normal way with passives and supports, instead of being a funny exception. I don't think it would be especially OP as a result.
"
Incompetent wrote:
I don't really understand why this skill was designed the way it is. Why not just give it some cold damage with low effectiveness, plus 100% chance to freeze and a greatly increased freeze duration? Then it would interact in the normal way with passives and supports, instead of being a funny exception. I don't think it would be especially OP as a result.

Just use Cold Snap, this is handy for people using Ancestral Bond since they can't deal cold damage themselves to protect them. I'm still trying trapped Cold Snap vs Freeze Mine. The former is placeable but also suffers from a delay until it goes off, similar to the new faster Mine handling and Cold Snap does way less damage, usually not enough to freeze for a meaningfull duration without heavy skill support. I'm sticking with Freeze Mine for now, even though it's cumbersome to use.
... is not a troll
I tested several effects with Freezing mine:

+ Temporal Chains affect Freeze Duration
+ Increases SPelldamage affect Freeze Duration
+ Reduced Resistences affect Freeze Duration
+ More Spelldamage affect Freeze Duration
- More AOE Damage (conzentrate effect) dont modify the damage

This is a possible total freeze of 8,6658 Seconds.
Last edited by Fumina on Jun 9, 2013, 11:28:28 AM
I'm not sure it would take more than two hands to count the people that actively use this skill.

Just make them traps or something.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
Incompetent wrote:
It's not an exception. It works normally with passives, it just doesn't deal any damage. It does damage calculation with the listed base damage, which is affected by all relevant damage modifiers on you and the target, and then applies the freeze length that is calculated from the resulting damage. It just skips actually dealing the damage to the monster.

All modifiers to freeze duration will also apply as normal, as the freeze calculation is the same one done for damage.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 16, 2013, 11:47:40 PM
Does this skill lower loot chances ?

I have been using this skill in combination with Infernal Blow and the loot looks very bad. I can sometimes clear multiple group of monsters without getting a single white item. I don't have this problem when I only use cleave.

Any input ?
I'm seeing a lot of critique for the skill and obviously it's too clumsy to be used when you're the one dealing the damage. Instead i can see it's use for summoners / double totem builds who are having a lot of free time on their hands. I've been playing around with a burning damage build myself ( = face tank + fire trap + double searing totem ) and can surely see this skill as a big part of its survival.
How does this work with Elemental Equilibrium? I'm guessing no interaction since it doesn't actually do damage.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Jul 7, 2013, 2:35:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info