[3.19] Assassin Penance Brand - Map Farmer - All Content

Any thoughts on doing this as occultist. Was tinkering with different versions ascendancy using your setup.
"
hdn6371 wrote:
Any thoughts on doing this as occultist. Was tinkering with different versions ascendancy using your setup.

Yes, you probably could manage this as an Occultist although I think if you want to really be efficient, Wintertide Brand is much better as an Occultist.

However, it would work as you still get good synergy with Power Charges and you can get easy explode that way, especially if you focus on curses. You would have to focus a lot more on crit however, as you would lose all of the bonus crit from Assassin. I would say with a bit of playing around though you could get it to work for sure.

There are some good DOT nodes though that provide synergy with Wintertide if you aren't sure on Penance Brand as an Occultist that would work well.

If you aren't sure about anything please let me know :)
"
youngtomlin wrote:

Yes, you probably could manage this as an Occultist although I think if you want to really be efficient, Wintertide Brand is much better as an Occultist.

However, it would work as you still get good synergy with Power Charges and you can get easy explode that way, especially if you focus on curses. You would have to focus a lot more on crit however, as you would lose all of the bonus crit from Assassin. I would say with a bit of playing around though you could get it to work for sure.

There are some good DOT nodes though that provide synergy with Wintertide if you aren't sure on Penance Brand as an Occultist that would work well.

Yea I was toying with winter brand occultist after I kept dieing on penance brand as assassin (maybe it's just my inability to dodge). But winter brand just didn't give me the pop feel as penance brand.

I thought maybe using occultist would be more defensive going curses.

But fiddling with POB the numbers did drop quite a bit, when I mirrored the tree of assassin. Then I realized I don't have curses since both rings are using COB so I would need a blasphemy set up.
"
hdn6371 wrote:
"
youngtomlin wrote:

Yea I was toying with winter brand occultist after I kept dieing on penance brand as assassin (maybe it's just my inability to dodge). But winter brand just didn't give me the pop feel as penance brand.

I thought maybe using occultist would be more defensive going curses.

But fiddling with POB the numbers did drop quite a bit, when I mirrored the tree of assassin. Then I realized I don't have curses since both rings are using COB so I would need a blasphemy set up.

You could if you wanted ditch the conversion and go Eternity Shroud. It's harder to build around but then you could focus on curses and then get more damage that way with the additional chaos damage from Shroud.
Last edited by youngtomlin on Nov 3, 2021, 5:45:36 PM
This build uses two curses in the from of frostbite and elemental weakness, but how does it apply both of them?
"
Solivan wrote:
This build uses two curses in the from of frostbite and elemental weakness, but how does it apply both of them?

Ah, that it something that I must have forgotten to edit. We use Arcane Surge at Level 8 instead of frostbite in that slot now. We used to be able to get an extra curse through Awakened Hextouch but since that is changed we no longer take that extra curse. I've updated the gem section since I must have missed that part when I updated the build guide.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
you could always try to get the armor modifier that allow's you to apply one additonal curse, it's damn expensive though
"
Solivan wrote:
you could always try to get the armor modifier that allow's you to apply one additonal curse, it's damn expensive though

Yes that is true. It is really expensive to fit in though.

Another relative easy option if you do want the extra curse though, especially if you are not that focused on ailment immunity or have achieved it through other means is anointing Whispers of Doom on your amulet, as we don't really have a absolute must for anoints and it's quite free.
did you craft your wands yourself and if so are you able to share how you did it?
"
Solivan wrote:
did you craft your wands yourself and if so are you able to share how you did it?

There's no longer a reliable way to craft these wands anymore. I crafted this during harvest and now that has been nerfed. There was a reliable way to craft one before however that has been changed due to the change in interaction with how Aisling unveils work so that is also no longer possible.

I'm working on the best way to craft penance brand wands but at the moment, your best bet for a top, top tier wand is to buy one. Unless you want one with a couple random mods there isn't a way to ensure it now because you cannot add a unveil without re-rolling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info