Bear Trap

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
EvilDraconis wrote:
i was pretty upset when i got this skill and realized it wasn't a trap that spawned an angry bear after being stepped on.
I'm trying to get an angry bear head coming out of the ground and biting made as alternate microtransaction art for it, but I don't think anyone's convinced yet :P

How about a bear skeleton?
i didnt know a bear would stick his/her head out. :P

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Sorry if this has already been cleared, but after reading the whole thread I'm kinda confused.
Is bear trap affected by "spell critical strike chance" nodes? If not, is it affected by "critical strike chance" nodes?
Got beta key on 15/11/2011, thanks dave01
Last edited by Githian on Feb 4, 2013, 12:15:06 PM
This skill description says Spell but when I attached Iron Will to it its damage didn't go up?!
It worked with Fire Trap but not with this. Is it a know but?
I want to do a future trap character, I need to know this.

Bear trap does not deal spell damage. it is not affected by spell-specific damage increases, nor by spell-specific crit increases
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Bear trap does not deal spell damage. it is not affected by spell-specific damage increases, nor by spell-specific crit increases

I think Mark is probably getting tired of saying this over and over again haha
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Maybe he should remove Spell from ingame description then and this problem would not exist...

If ingame skill says spell then to all of us it is same as EK.

Last edited by Torin on Feb 5, 2013, 11:00:22 AM
The duration of the immobilization is based off physical damage dealt or all damage dealt by the trap?
YAWCK

"
Torin wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Maybe he should remove Spell from ingame description then and this problem would not exist...

If ingame skill says spell then to all of us it is same as EK.

+1, this would remove a lot of confusion.
I have to say i did not think i would like bear trap much, but i have come to really enjoy it as an elemental archer. I can bait mobs into stacked trap piles or lines of traps in order to do better focused single-target damage. I would, however, like to see good support gems working with them. While i do not expect Chain or LMP, i would like to see an increased effect time (immobilization), or perhaps Melee Physical Damage effecting its output (actually havent tested this, does it work?).
Other than "Added [element] Damage", what other support gems work? Would Blind, Ignite, Increased Critical, Weapon Elemental Damage work with Bear Trap?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info