Shockwave Totem

"
Glowyrm wrote:
Well Kripparrian is building a dual Shockwave Totem build with Remote Mine Explosive Arrow to support it.

He estimated the damage at 100k or something crazy after factoring in supports/gear (+gem lvl)/quality/gem level/passives, pretty much everything.

Looks like this skill isn't as nerfed as some have said recently! We'll see, will be interesting to watch.
that dps listing sounds like entirely from the 5 mine stacks of explosive arrow, not the totems which just bounce mobs around.... if in range.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Glowyrm wrote:
Well Kripparrian is building a dual Shockwave Totem build with Remote Mine Explosive Arrow to support it.

He estimated the damage at 100k or something crazy after factoring in supports/gear (+gem lvl)/quality/gem level/passives, pretty much everything.

Looks like this skill isn't as nerfed as some have said recently! We'll see, will be interesting to watch.
that dps listing sounds like entirely from the 5 mine stacks of explosive arrow, not the totems which just bounce mobs around.... if in range.

He said he would barely have to use the mines since the totems would kill everything. Maybe you're right and I have the 2 switched in my head.

Either way, apparently he didn't factor in the damage effectiveness hehe! He thinks the skill is just "OK", and that's inly if you heavy stack passives/gear to make it so.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

doesn't take much for shockwave totem to damage nicely, but its range will punish it a good deal vs non melee... even the shortest ranged foe, sandspitters. well increased AoE will reach but not its "sight".
How about we let Kripparian post his own feedback?

I have a dual Shockwave marauder at level 56, and it's pretty fun. I'd even say that it's one of the more easy/safe builds for the late game. I have it linked with Added Fire and Faster Casting, and I boost the damage with Hatred, Vulnerability, and The Magnate unit belt. The damage is very good. I went with staves, but if I did bows to mix in ranged totems I could add on a Broadstroke quiver for even more damage. I also use Bear Trap and Ethereal Knives mines, which synergize well with all of the above.

I think the only question is whether the base damage should be increased to make the skill more useful without specific uniques. Having builds that are enabled by uniques isn't a bad thing, and I think this is a really interesting way to use The Magnate and/or Broadstroke, Deshret's Vise, etc.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
don't see anything else to improve on that. thats almost everything (still tiny bit more) that'll help shockwave totem.
So uh...a few questions:
Does increased cast speed support gem make the totem "attack" faster or only reduce the cast speed to deploy the totem?
How about increased cast speed passives?
How about increased critical strike chance?
I assume global crit chance from gear does work, what about inc crit from passives?
Does increased crit chance for spells (from gear or passives) work? (probably not)

edit: 1 more question. Does facebreakers 1000% more physical damage work with this? O_o
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Last edited by Alros on Feb 20, 2013, 7:17:26 PM
just checked with facebreakers. Doesn't work. (would have been a bit crazy if it did, I have to admit.)
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
I had to use this skill for quite some levels with my dual totem templar and I didn't like it at all. I tried to buff it with 3 support gems and still it didn't do much damage. You can play save ... yes ... but the damage was missing. The knockback is another thing that bugged me ... ranged enemies would just be knocked out of the range, stay there, and shoot at me.

Now I'm using Spell Totem + Arc + Added Lightning Damage + Reduced Mana + Iron Will ( Iron Will only temporarily until I have a socket for Lightning Penetration )

This Totem is MUCH better XD. Well, it would be bad if it wasn't.

However, in low levels you don't exactly have much of a choice ... but I definitely wouldn't recommend to use this skill in higher levels as there are just much better possiblities.
Last edited by grasmann on Feb 22, 2013, 6:41:11 AM
"
Alros wrote:
So uh...a few questions:
Does increased cast speed support gem make the totem "attack" faster or only reduce the cast speed to deploy the totem?
How about increased cast speed passives?
How about increased critical strike chance?
I assume global crit chance from gear does work, what about inc crit from passives?

Yes to all of the above.

EDIT: I'm not sure about casting speed passives. The support gem works.

"
Does increased crit chance for spells (from gear or passives) work? (probably not)

No, it's not a spell.

"
edit: 1 more question. Does facebreakers 1000% more physical damage work with this? O_o

No, of course not.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by OnmyojiOmn on Feb 23, 2013, 11:59:42 PM
i play an archer.

if i have the shockwave totem in back of me, does that mean no melee monster will touch me?

the knockback from the shockwave totem will push them out safely from me?

and faster casting support gem will make the shockwave totem "attack faster"?
(the previous posted said YES to "Does increased cast speed support gem make the totem "attack" faster or only reduce the cast speed to deploy the totem?")

Whats a good gem setup for this?
shockwave totem-added fire dmg- faster casting- culling strike?
Last edited by Pi314 on Feb 24, 2013, 1:43:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info