Shockwave Totem

Will a critical hit with Shockwave Totem apply extra poison damage from the new ascendancy passive Toxic Delivery?
Playing a crit dual shockwave totem inquisitor. Currently level 87 in prophecy league.
It's been a while since i used this skill last time (Torment league 2014) but it feels even better now.

+ Good aoe radius and damage
+ Knockback.
+ Physical damage
+ Works with poison
+ Excellent strongbox clearing skill
+ Good against izaro. Summon the totems ontop of gargoyles/golems and let them take care of those while you keep izaro busy on the other side.

- Mana cost is quite high
- Weak against aoe damage (Crematorium boss for example)
- Reflect maps are hard to do
- Totems are susceptible to stun/freeze
- Spark skeletons tend to kill the totems fast indoors

Summary: Overall this is a great skill. It shares some weaknesses all totems have but that can be worked around. Mana cost is high but manageable with eldrich battery. Is more of a problem while leveling. I give this skill a 4 out of 5 rating (5 is best)

My current items:

Spoiler

Passives:

https://goo.gl/NX6f9w
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 8, 2016, 12:29:11 AM
can you please change the mana cost of this totem skill already. it's still absolutely retarded compared to other totem skills. you really shouldn't be forced to run eb or vaal clarity just to run your main skill...
Just rework it already
Last edited by madeinchina3 on Aug 8, 2019, 12:05:20 PM
Sometimes in last two or three big releases, this skill (along with a few other totem skills) has changed targetting from ground to enemies. I wish GGG would revert this change, because it is really frustrating to aim your cursor at the center of a mob pack, but have the totem appear on one side of the pack, just because the cursor happened to be over (and highlighting) one of the mobs.

Just make it target the ground, just like it was done with Cyclone a while back!
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
dear GGG.

Shochwave totem is underperforming compared to a zombie build ( 15 zombies 500k dps per zombie ) 6 totems 350k dps per totem.

plz for 3.9 increase the damage-life of totems in general.

add duration tack on it to.
Last edited by Syhler187 on Nov 3, 2019, 3:25:23 AM
The Shockwave Totem seems to deal no damage to enemies who are not in our presence. I can see the totems attacking, and the white mob dies as soon as I get closer. I hate this because the monsters shoot at my totems, but my totems can't kill them.
"
lwisko wrote:
The Shockwave Totem seems to deal no damage to enemies who are not in our presence. I can see the totems attacking, and the white mob dies as soon as I get closer. I hate this because the monsters shoot at my totems, but my totems can't kill them.

I played this build this League and I can asure you that the totems with the Astral Projector ring have a pretty long range of attack. In maven arena they hit all monsters from the center I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info